Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: It was only a matter of time before Duffy made Disney take notice...(Merged)

I will be looking foward to seeing your pics poohstraveler. I am leaving for HK tomorrow.. long 15 hours and 30 mins nonstop flight from the USA, but will be at HKDL from noontime, and I hope the weather cooperates..

I also think it's quite ingenious to debut Duffy during Xmas since teddy bears are kind of a xmas symbol under the tree....

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: It was only a matter of time before Duffy made Disney take notice...(Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I also think it's quite ingenious to debut Duffy during Xmas since teddy bears are kind of a xmas symbol under the tree....
    Yes! Of any time of the year to get people to buy a teddy bear, Christmas is the one time to do it. If anything, Duffy will at least be successful during the holidays, even with casual guests who have no clue who he is, or don't care. He'll just be a cute bear in a Christmas costume, that's enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I will be looking foward to seeing your pics poohstraveler. I am leaving for HK tomorrow.. long 15 hours and 30 mins nonstop flight from the USA, but will be at HKDL from noontime, and I hope the weather cooperates..

Hope you have a safe flight...we are taking advantage of the airline lounge right now. Our flight isn't too bad - I think it's around 11 hours non-stop. Sorta my normal commute flight now. HAHA. I had no idea you were flying back and forth between the US during this short period - I think you fly more than we do perhaps!

Keep an eye on the weather for sure - there is a typhoon headed for Taiwan right now. I am a little nervous leaving since it's supposed to hit as a Cat 2 and we are much closer to the east coast than our old place. The storm is supposed to hit this weekend and right now it is headed north of Hong Kong but seems to be shifting south slightly. It's supposed to stay as a Cat 2 storm until it hits the mainland.

• Just another Disney fan..

Also posted this in the Disneyland Resort section....

Attended 2:00PM presentation.

Full court press on Duffy. Besides merchandise there will also be food themed to Duffy and Photo Locations throughout DCA for Duffy.

Duffy headquarters at DCA will be at Treasures in Paradise. Duffy merch will be sold in 7 different locations in DCA with the main three being Treasures, Greetings and Gone Hollywood.

Duffy will not be sold in Disneyland or Downtown Disney. In WDW Duffy will be exclusive to Epcot.

The bear itself is identical to the one sold in TDS except for the Storybook tag which is in English and labled with the Disney Parks logo.

Disney Parks will have unique costumes different from TDS. Eventually there will also be DCA unique and Epcot unique Duffy merchandise.

Photos were not allowed of the presentation but they did allow picture of the merchandise display.

Here is a link to my album.

Picasa Web Albums - Duffy Annual ...

• Disney Fan & Musician

those costumes are horrid! D:
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thank you so much for posting Roger!

I am going to buy the Sailor, France, Germany, Canada, not sure I can put my Duffy into a Kilt LOL!!! Oh and Christmas, Halloween, St Patricks. The Uncle Sam, I hope they pass on producing that one. I can tell already, that they are not the same quality as of Tokyo, but they are also offering them at half the price TDR sells them for.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    those costumes are horrid! D:
    Agreed. Although, I bet the Sorcerer Mickey costume will probably sell well, along with the Toy Story set.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thank you, Roger, for reporting, and taking lots of pictures of what you were allowed to.

I agree, the costumes don't look up to the quality of the TDS versions. However, it's hard to really tell by pictures, and those are also prototypes. The one thing I'm not sure about are the Pixar ones...Build-a-Bear already sells both a Woody and Buzz costume that look incredibly similar. None of the costumes have the same "cute" factor that the TDS ones do. Also, the holiday costumes will be already dressed 12 inch bears? So, the 17 inch versions won't have those...oh well.

I still don't know how successful this launch will be. Certainly, there's more effort than the "Disney Bear" launch, and I'm sure there will be people who buy a bear and a couple costumes. Nobody is going to wait in lines for any of this though. I think it might be a modest success, but nothing close to what TDS sees.

I may buy a few of the costumes, but certainly not all of them...they're just not that cute...

• Banned User

The mexican poncho outfit on the display should be a big seller during Gay Days at the parks.

• You have much to learn...

It looks like they went for overkill too soon as Disney usually does. I'm sure most of the stuff is Build a Bear Quality, or less. I doubt we're going to get the following that Duffy has in Japan.

I'm sure poor Duffy will die within the year, although I hope not. I think they are launching too much too quickly when the plush market in the US hasn't been doing too well.

• i heart plunging v-necks

I attended the 11:30 presentation and in addition Duffy will be getting the Vinylmation treatment (the sculpt is Duffy) and he will also have a facebook and twitter account. The meet and greet is not in the WOC gazebo but against a new nautical backdrop (concept art was shown).

I wasn't impressed by the upcoming costumes, most are of the same design variety as Build a Bear, are rather simplistic and lack a certain charm over the TDS outfits.

Anyway, I picked up the pantless sailor suit for Duffy. It was the one of the only costumes that seem to fit the character's story.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

LOL@ TDLfan, my roommate is Mexican so he is going to buy the poncho one. But he also said "We will buy anything we can next time we go to TDS" lol

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

I sent my folks yesterday - they were at the 2pm presentation and took a few pics (Mom's not the best with photos, but she did an admirable job!) and she did some pretty detailed notes. I posted all the info and the photos on my new blog I am still trying to work on getting going this week. Thought I'd share the link now with all the photos. Still working on the photo editing for all my international parks visits last week - got a few photos up of TDS so far.

Although I am not that impressed with the new costumes, I will probably still end up buying them for our "kids" - we do have a lot of bears to clothe so I can't afford to get them all TDS outfits!

Duffy The Disney Bear: Passholder Event at DCA | Pooh's Travels

• Banned User

Oh well.. at least now I have an idea of what to expect in the coming months in TDR as crazy japanese fans try to out-do each other in being the first ones to show off their Duffys and Shelley Maes sporting new outfits from the US park lines... *sighs*

I am sure they did not make mention of Shelley Mae in those presentations... did they?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It's interesting that the topic in the TDL section about Duff Disney Bear being reintroduced to DCA and EPCOT is getting more of a following than the same topic in the DL-Anaheim or WDW sections.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast