Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: It was only a matter of time before Duffy made Disney take notice...(Merged)

To my dismay, it appears that WDW will dowhat they always do. Spread Duffy to every park and even WoD and Once Upon a Toy. So much for making him half way special.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• You have much to learn...

Re: It was only a matter of time before Duffy made Disney take notice...(Merged)

Although I think Duffy is cute and like buying some Duffy related items and outfits- I haven't given in to bringing him to the parks or saving him good viewing spots along the parade routes.

I'm sorry, I don't really want to carry a bear all day long- even if it is Duffy.

I may get a spare keychain duffy to clip on to my camera bag- but nothing bigger than that.

My Duffy just stays in my living room & I may change his clothes to match the season, but that's about it. He was dressed as Anakin Skywalker last week & is now in his 2009 TDS Halloween pumpkin outfit. I haven't gotten really into all the different TDS outfits either since they do cost more than the clothes I usually wear.

I may break down and get the Smiling Duffy next month if I like the way he's dressed this year. I probably should have picked it up last year- but didn't. I do have to get a Shellie May though this year.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    To my dismay, it appears that WDW will dowhat they always do. Spread Duffy to every park and even WoD and Once Upon a Toy. So much for making him half way special.
    I asked this specific question to the person who is in charge of the global Duffy campaign for Disney. She told me that Duffy will be exclusive to Epcot in WDW and DCA in DLR. No current plans to make him available outside of those parks.

• Banned User

Loving that Duffy with eyeglasses. Hahaha.
    As for me, I am not sure I will be in Orlando that day for the grand event.. otherwise, I would cover my vest with all the mini Duffy's I have and pretend to be a bonafide TDR character hag. I am sure I would get lots of "WTF??" looks if I did that... Not that I would mind. Better be noticed than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I asked this specific question to the person who is in charge of the global Duffy campaign for Disney. She told me that Duffy will be exclusive to Epcot in WDW and DCA in DLR. No current plans to make him available outside of those parks.
    Operation must have over ridden her! LOL

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Banned User

All I know is one thing... Buying a Duffy at TDS will no longer be special for me since I know I can find them in Orlando and HK. There are some folks who would think that "Duffy should be shared with the World".. but in this day and age of "Disney Parks" as opposed to "Disneyland" and "Walr Disney World", special and unique items to specific Disney parks is something that I cherish most... reason why I spend like crazy at TDR, and not as much at WDW. These folks who want to see Duffy "shared with the World" will be the last ones to actually buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    All I know is one thing... Buying a Duffy at TDS will no longer be special for me since I know I can find them in Orlando and HK. There are some folks who would think that "Duffy should be shared with the World".. but in this day and age of "Disney Parks" as opposed to "Disneyland" and "Walr Disney World", special and unique items to specific Disney parks is something that I cherish most... reason why I spend like crazy at TDR, and not as much at WDW. These folks who want to see Duffy "shared with the World" will be the last ones to actually buy one.
    Agreed, because they really don't understand what makes things special to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I tend to think this info has changed since they confirmed he will be available on Main Street in Magic Kingdom. When I was there two weeks ago, I talked at length with one of the Emporium heads and they already had him - he accidentally got released and put out one day (I think that is how there was an eBay auction w/the Florida one long before the annual passholder event). They ended up sending them back to the warehouse for the meantime so there were no other mishaps, but she said they are going to be carrying some of the stuff for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Totally agree with you! I am so disappointed by the way much is this is going down, part of why I am going to the Duffy release at both WDW and DCA - just to see how it really goes. And I do the same thing as you (spending lots in TDR and not much at the US Parks). I think this year was a big wake up for me visiting each of the Disney Parks last month. There is truly no comparison to TDR with merchandise and theming. I was so disappointed coming to WDW and then going to DL two days later to see the exact same merchandise, just a few decorations, and pretty much the same stuff they've carried for 2 years. I've been to TDR multiple times this year and manage to fill at least one suitcase with new stuff on each visit.

Something that my Mom just stumbled upon that really irks me is someone from Florida has a &*#(@load of eBay pre-order auctions for lots of 10 Duffy Bears!!! Not just one lot of 10 - try 15 lots!! How is someone going to get 150 bears?!?! They are selling the bears for over $400 and some of the lots have sold. The sailor outfits they have a few lots as well - several of those have sold for inflated prices. This just baffles me.....I really hope they limit quantities - even TDS does now.

TDLFan-I will keep on the lookout just in case you end up there with all your pins (although I think you were headed to my neck of the woods sometime this month). If you are there, I won't be hard to spot - I will be the goofball with 6 bears in tow and Mom will have her 3! LOL Right now, I am working on a new costume for one of them - he's going to be the Tim Burton version of the Mad Hatter to match my husband's costume!! Hopefully I can put it together before we fly back to FL on Monday!

• Munchings & Crunchings

"Something that my Mom just stumbled upon that really irks me is someone from Florida has a &*#(@load of eBay pre-order auctions for lots of 10 Duffy Bears!!! Not just one lot of 10 - try 15 lots!! How is someone going to get 150 bears?!?! They are selling the bears for over $400 and some of the lots have sold. The sailor outfits they have a few lots as well - several of those have sold for inflated prices. This just baffles me.....I really hope they limit quantities - even TDS does now. "

Yeah, this I don't get, unless somebody, uh "found" a few cases of them. How can they buy cases? I have some suspicions. The practice seems wrong to me.

• You have much to learn...

I have a feeling that there's not going to be much to it at the Duffy premiere at either DCA or Epcot- I don't forsee lines that wrap around Epcot like there were for the debut of Shellie May in TDS.

I'm sure there will be a few of the usual ebay hounds buying tons of crap and listing them to try to get the jump on the people who can't make it there the first few days.

I just hope that he lasts a while here & doesn't disappear into oblivion like the older Disney Bear did.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Oh look, Duffy is now listed as an attraction at Paradise Pier:

Duffy the Disney Bear | Paradise Pier Attractions | Disney's California Adventure Park

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Also on the Epcot page as well...

Duffy the Disney Bear at Epcot | Walt Disney World Resort

"Bear and Grin it" ok now where have I heard that before :-X

• Banned User

Please, pass the barf bag.

I also love how they claim "Duffy is exclusive to the Disney parks and won't be sold online". Can you spell E-Bay??? Puh-leeeeze!!!!

what no joke TDLfan? :P

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast