Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Any advice for a Disney novice?

If you go 5-4 days can you make it so that you are there the 2days before the event start? That way you can enjoy Halloween which is awesome but still catch some of the not crowded time before the event start. On top of that there is usually a preview of the Halloween parade the day before so you can catch it without waiting long.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    If you go 5-4 days can you make it so that you are there the 2days before the event start? That way you can enjoy Halloween which is awesome but still catch some of the not crowded time before the event start. On top of that there is usually a preview of the Halloween parade the day before so you can catch it without waiting long.
    Ooh, do you know if they announce this parade? Or is it usually listed somewhere?

Thanks!

• Banned User

They usually do not list those previews. Simply because they can not garranty they will go on. But chances are you will be able to catch an unannounced showing of the halloween parade 1 or 2 days before the official start of the event.

Thanks TDLFAN!
    One more question if you don't mind, does the halloween parade replaces another parade? Or is it in addition?

Japanese crowd prediction site says that 9/1, 2, 7 & 8 are the slowest days in September. Addition to weekends, avoid 9/18 ~ 9/26 - it says it'll be super crowed. Second week of Sept (9/6 ~ 9/10) seems to be the best week to go to TDR (crowd-wides) if your mind is set on Sept.

From what I understand, Jan. is the slowest month of all, but the weather is not something I would enjoy (COLD!)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by csrt View Post
    Thanks TDLFAN!
    One more question if you don't mind, does the halloween parade replaces another parade? Or is it in addition?
    The daily parade is "Jubilation". It has happened before that the special parades do not replace the regular parade.. reason why TDL sometimes have 3 different parades daily. However, with Halloween being so popular, they have opted to replace "Jubilation" and have played the Halloween parade twice daily, with yet another night time version of it as well, featuring different music and slight change in theme. I do not know if that will be the case this year.
    One of the reasons why they may opt to replace the regular parade is because at TDL (unlike the other Disney parks) the halloween parade is *different* every year. With the investment of designing a new parade, with new music every year.. I can see why they much rather "squeeze the juice" out of that special parade instead. But like I said.. I am not sure what they will do this year.. but one thing is sure.. there will be a brand new halloween parade and decor this year. I do not know if they will also perform the Dreamlights Electrical parade.. will have to check their schedules on their official site.

Thanks TDLFAN!
    I'm copy and pasting all these info I've been reading on the board to print and read on the plane... I'm extremely excited!

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    Japanese crowd prediction site says that 9/1, 2, 7 & 8 are the slowest days in September. Addition to weekends, avoid 9/18 ~ 9/26 - it says it'll be super crowed. Second week of Sept (9/6 ~ 9/10) seems to be the best week to go to TDR (crowd-wides) if your mind is set on Sept.

From what I understand, Jan. is the slowest month of all, but the weather is not something I would enjoy (COLD!)
    Wow, this is great news for us!
    BTW, if you need to pick which park to go on the 6th and 7th which park would you do?

TDS on 6th and TDL on 7th?

• Banned User

It really does not matter which park you pick because the ticket rules are different at TDR than the way they administer them in the USA. Remember the longest ticket available is the 4-day passport, but you can only park hop the 3rd and 4th day. There is by far more to do, entertainment-wise, at TDL, so I would go there on the first day, then TDS on the 2nd day... then use the 3rd and 4th day to go back to the parks and do what I missed or would like to do again.

Just two rules to consider...1) ALWAYS arrive early at the gate so you can start your day right away after the gates opened. The crowds lining outside the gate before opening time can be quite large and intimidating... reason why I recommend arriving there one hour before park opening time and wait in line to enter. And 2) AVOID weekends if you can, especially if you go during special event times. TIP: if TDL is scheduled to open at 8am or 8:30am... you can bet on it that it will be a very crowded day at the park.. so prepare just in case.

Thanks very much for all the information.

I'm a bit confused though, After reading the terms in some of the replies I google'd " E ticket". I am now under the impression that I buy tickets for each ride, even after paying for admission.. is this true? If so, how do I get the best deal on tickets?

and, Ive been doing a bit of research about where to stay. Neither my wife nor I know a word of japanese and I think it would be best to stay at a resort hotel. but, I have read some things that make me wary.. Aside from the initial price for the room, they also charge a large conversion fee that takes several weeks to process? You must prepay the entire rate and deposit up front? and, that even though you are on resort property there are not many " perks" other than being nearby. I remember my wife telling me that when she went to california's disney park she was let in early because she was at a disney owned hotel.

is there any truth to this? are there any perks / advantages to staying at one of these places?

Thanks again, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    can you post the site where you found this info? thanks!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by iLLbeFrank View Post
    Thanks very much for all the information.

I'm a bit confused though, After reading the terms in some of the replies I google'd " E ticket". I am now under the impression that I buy tickets for each ride, even after paying for admission.. is this true? If so, how do I get the best deal on tickets?
    No, that is not the case. Once you pay for your passport, there are no additional charges to ride anything or enjoy most shows. However, there are 4 different meal shows that are offered at an additional charge: the lunch and dinner shows at Tahitian Terrace and at the Diamond Horseshoe saloon. Everything is already included in the passport price, like it's done in the US parks.

and, Ive been doing a bit of research about where to stay. Neither my wife nor I know a word of japanese and I think it would be best to stay at a resort hotel.
    Not really. I stay in cheaper business hotels in the city and the staff has been able to talk to me in English Only very japanese style places may you have a communication problem. However, you should choose based on what's convenient to you. Many hotels in Japan offer small size rooms or not be able to offer non-smoking rooms. make your decision on what's more conveneint for you. Bigger room? location? etc etc. Even if it means a short train ride to access the park. At least getting a round in trainis easy because the digital signs rotate from japanes to english.

but, I have read some things that make me wary.. Aside from the initial price for the room, they also charge a large conversion fee that takes several weeks to process?
    I have never heard of this before so I can't advise you on that. I have never paid anything more than just room rate and tax.

[quote]You must prepay the entire rate and deposit up front? and, that even though you are on resort property there are not many " perks" other than being nearby. I remember my wife telling me that when she went to california's disney park she was let in early because she was at a disney owned hotel.[/quuote]
    There really are not that many perks available to guests staying on property. That's more of a WDC mentality at their hotels. Here, Disney does not run the place. It's OLC. But...Some mornings, the guests at TDL hotel and at Miracosta, may get early entry... but it's like a 15 minute head start over the regular guests. Not worth it, especially because early entry is not available every day. However.. the normal practice in Japan is always to pay the entire bill for the stay when you check in. Hardly ever do I have to pay up front or even give my credit card number to garranty a reservation. Then again, I hardly ever stay at american chain hotels when in Japan, so the official resorts at TDR may operate differently. I have stayed at the Sheraton twice and it's a nice hotel, but trhe only perk of it was being close to the park. Other than that, not much else special to it.

• Resident of the Caldera

The nicest time of the year to go (best weather and smallest crowds) is that magical period in mid to late April after all the Japanese kids are back in school after spring break, and before Golden Week. The weather is beautiful and the parks are as empty as I've ever seen them (and not as hot as early September).

If you want to know when the parks are going to be crowded, all you have to do is look at the Disney Vacation Club points schedule for the Tokyo Disney Resort hotels. The more points they require for certain periods of the year, the busier they know the resort will be. These people are spot on, too, because any miscalculation costs them a lot of money (as opposed to people yaking on the Internet).

For instance, according to the Disney Vacation Club, the slowest times of the year at the Tokyo Disney Resort are:
    Jan 9—15
    April 10—30
    May 8—14
    June 5—July 9

Popular Times of Year:
    Jan 16—Mar 19
    May 15—Jun 4
    Jul 10—16
    Sep 4—Dec 17

And the busiest times of year:
    Jan 2—8
    Mar 20—Apr 9
    May 1—7
    Jul 17—Sep 3
    Dec 18—30

The disney vacation club? is that something that I should look into?

The prices are quite high for disney resorts and if the only perk is a 15 min start, I think I'd much rather stay at a business hotel... any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    can you post the site where you found this info? thanks!
    ディズニーランド ディズニーシー 混雑予想カレンダー

There is also this one, but not as detailed.
    ディズニーリゾート混雑情報ガイド-D混む-

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by iLLbeFrank View Post
    The disney vacation club? is that something that I should look into?

The prices are quite high for disney resorts and if the only perk is a 15 min start, I think I'd much rather stay at a business hotel... any recommendations?
    The main perk of a Disney Hotel is to offer a themed and immersive experience for the guests- an extension of the theme parks if you can imagine that. They are a true delight for Disney fans and an unforgettable experience only if you are interested in the rich architectural details or the magic of being surrounded by elaborate theming. I would not recommend staying in these hotels if you only want a decent room to sleep in (or if you will be out of the hotel all day), as the Disney Hotels are very expensive.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea痴 Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12