Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Pooh's Hunny Hunt 10th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Don't forget HKDL.. they also got stuck with WDW's crappy version.
    Really? Disney can't even spend as much money as The Oriential Land Company on a simple ride? Pooh's Hunny Hunt wins above all 3 I guess (and Paris can't even have one!).

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Munchings & Crunchings

The funny thing is that Paris will get the trackless vehicle technology that no other Disney parks have used yet. They may not get Pooh, but it looks like they'll have Ratatouille instead. It's too bad Disney hasn't made more use of the tech since Hunny Hunt's opening. I mean look how often they've used the Test Track system already.

• Pongo is my hero.

I have to think that the Walt Disney Company is going to try really hard to bring this line-wire ride technology to one of the US parks in the next five years.
    WDW actually had the first line wire rides ever in a park- Universe of Energy. Not to mention the Great Movie Ride.

The funny thing is that Paris will get the trackless vehicle technology that no other Disney parks have used yet. They may not get Pooh, but it looks like they'll have Ratatouille instead. It's too bad Disney hasn't made more use of the tech since Hunny Hunt's opening. I mean look how often they've used the Test Track system already.
    We'll see... I'd think they'd build a restaurant before a measly dark ride (;

one hundred and one

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Really? Disney can't even spend as much money as The Oriential Land Company on a simple ride? Pooh's Hunny Hunt wins above all 3 I guess (and Paris can't even have one!).
    Yes, really. And even HKDL is supposed to get the trackless system for their new Mystic Manor attraction, further making the MK park look more dated than what it currently it.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Yes, really. And even HKDL is supposed to get the trackless system for their new Mystic Manor attraction, further making the MK park look more dated than what it currently it.
    Well at least they are expanding the trackless ride system out of Tokyo, but making the rest of the park look dated is horrible. The park was built about 5 years ago using technology from when the first Disneyland opened and they decide to update everything now? That's why I'm saving up to go to Tokyo

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Apparently the trackless part of Mystic Manor is being cut from the budget and it may go to being an omnimover instead; so much for that...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Someone over in the Hong Kong forum posted that Andrew Kam, Managing Director of Hong Kong Disneyland has spoken to the media in regards to the budget cuts. He says that the trackless ride system is still going ahead. This does concern me to think what will be cut instead. I know there are a lot of people inside Disney that believe the reason for the suscess of Pooh in Tokyo is all down to the ride system. That sort of discussion is certainly up to debate. But I like to think Pooh's suscess is down to it being an outstanding dark ride from start to finish. And that the trackless part while playing a big role, was not the only reason people still love this attraction 10 years later. And that the show scenes and ride effects all had an important part.
    Last edited by Malin; 09-09-2010 at 12:55 PM.

• Resident of the Caldera

The line-wire ride system works when what surrounds it is good: like Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

The line-wire ride system is meaningless when what surrounds it is uninteresting: like Aquatopia. Here Imagineering failed to see in advance that the wheels beneath the vehicles would leave a trail on the concrete under the water, thus removing any mystery about where your vehicle is going to go (at least during the day).

After watching an Imagineer give a complete explanation of the ride at the D23 Expo, Mystic Manor certainly seemed like it was going to combine the best of what WDI could do in terms of the line-wire ride system and what surrounds it. I never thought I would go back to Hong Kong Disneyland since it was such a small and uninteresting park, but after hearing the details about Mystic Manor, I would take a side trip to Hong Kong from Tokyo just to see it!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Yes! they are expanding it out of Tokyo. But I'm still gonna have to pay a ton of money to get to HKDL and TDL. Living in a different country from something awesome sucks.

• Just another Disney fan..

The imagineer at D23 told me directly that the trackless Mystic Manor ride system will not be the same as Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Take it for what it's worth.

• Resident of the Caldera

That's odd, because the imagineer I spoke to told me that it would be a line-wire system, exactly like the one used for Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

• Just another Disney fan..

To share a little more of the conversation I had, he told me that they have learned a lot since Pooh was built, and that the technology advancements allow them to put in a more advanced ride system which will be much better than Pooh's. I asked him specifically about the early issues they had with Pooh when people used their cellphones and he said with the new system, that type of issue would not be possible.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, on one hand, I'm glad to hear the trackless system is not being cut from Mystic Manor, but like Malin, I'm concerned that it means cuts to story and show...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12