Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Pooh's Hunny Hunt 10th Anniversary

MiceChat Member JoeInJpn has shared via his TDR Nempa Blog a complete ride though video of Pooh's Hunny Hunt to mark the 10th Anniversary of this attraction.

Check the videos and a small trip report from today here
    JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog: Pooh's Hunny Hunt 10th Anniversary

• Banned User

Re: Pooh's Hunny Hunt 10th Anniversary

Good to see you updating the Blog once more Joe. And wow 480 minutes wait for Pooh. Not bad for a 10 year old attraction.

Congratulations by the way on celebrating 10 years since the website first opened. Here's to the next 10 years.

Wish I was there, could have gone on every other attraction with no lines

It's a good ride, but I'd probably never imagine myself waiting 1 hour to ride it, let alone 480 minutes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Good to see you updating the Blog once more Joe. And wow 480 minutes wait for Pooh. Not bad for a 10 year old attraction.
    The 480 minutes wait was from opening day. I rarely see Pooh over 180 minutes now, even on the most crowded days.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Yes, I was in the line on opening day and was 4 hrs long, but only because the ride went down for 90 mins. The wait time would heve been only 2 and a half hours. Anyways.. Happy 10th PHH, and I hope they finally fix the book prop at the end of the ride.

wow...how 10yrs can fly & the technology on this ride STILL blows me away!

is there any special merch?

can't wait to experience this ride again in 23days (or so).

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Happy birthday to Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Now if they spent as much time and money making the ones in DL and WDW we in the states wouldn't be so jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Thanks for the plug and support as always Malin. Trying to be more active now with my Disney life after two years of laying low! Hehehe. However, I still go to the Parks often and have plenty of pics and video from the past two years that I haven't updated the site. Hopefully, I'll catch up by the end of the year. In the meantime, hope people enjoy my blog. Links below! Thanks.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Happy birthday to Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Now if they spent as much time and money making the ones in DL and WDW we in the states wouldn't be so jealous.
    Don't forget HKDL.. they also got stuck with WDW's crappy version.

• Banned User

The 480 minutes wait was from opening day.
    My mistake apologies.

Hopefully, I'll catch up by the end of the year. In the meantime, hope people enjoy my blog. Links below! Thanks.
    Loving the blog. Although a bit sad to read about the problems it seems Mythica has been experiencing lately. Hope it was just a one off. Still sounds like it could do with a good refurbishment. Perhaps a little doubtful now with BraviSEAmo leaving us in November. And the new Fantasmic not starting until April.

• Resident of the Caldera

I have to think that the Walt Disney Company is going to try really hard to bring this line-wire ride technology to one of the US parks in the next five years.

With new rides using this tech opening in Hong Kong (Mystic Manor) and Paris (Ratatouille) in the next three years, I think that we're going to see it in Disneyland first--perhaps in that large area of Frontierland where Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland used to run, or perhaps in Phase II of California Adventure's redo. Though, with Tom Staggs' comments about the rejiggering of the Fantasyland redo in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, we might see it there as well.

Fingers crossed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I have to think that the Walt Disney Company is going to try really hard to bring this line-wire ride technology to one of the US parks in the next five years.

With new rides using this tech opening in Hong Kong (Mystic Manor) and Paris (Ratatouille) in the next three years, I think that we're going to see it in Disneyland first--perhaps in that large area of Frontierland where Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland used to run, or perhaps in Phase II of California Adventure's redo. Though, with Tom Staggs' comments about the rejiggering of the Fantasyland redo in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, we might see it there as well.

Fingers crossed.
    With the recent rumors surrounding Mystic Manor's budget cuts, we may or may not see the Hunny Hunt tech being used for that attraction. Some have theorized that Paris was planning to do a joint investment with Hong Kong for the development of the new ride tech which means that if Hong Kong backs out, Paris' Ratatouille attraction may opt for a cheaper ride system too.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 09-04-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Typo
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

If this is to be the case I hope it will be done for the right attraction. Aquatopia reminds you just because its unique technology. Does not mean it will work on every attraction. Its likely to be Disneyland to be the first to install this kind of attraction. WDW Management hate investing money back into its parks. Unless Disneyland is already doing it. That way they can share out cost.

Some have theorized that Paris was planning to do a joint investment with Hong Kong for the development of the new ride tech which means that if Hong Kong backs out, Paris' Ratatouille attraction may opt for a cheaper ride system too.
    Well its possible, since the two likely shared out cost on the Toy Story Carnival rides. I certainly hope Hong Kong Disneyland comes to its senses. Its got a nice little park in its hands. All it needs is more investment. And I'm talking about the right kind of investment here. Carnival rides are not needed. Both Mystic Point and Grizzly Mountain have the potential to be great attractions. Scrap the third land and put full energy into funding these two attractions. And than maybe one day we'll be advising folk visiting the park to head straight for Mystic Manor or Grizzly first. Like has been the case for Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh attraction for the last 10 years.

• Resident of the Caldera

There is no R&D required for the line-wire ride system. It works well without frequent breakdowns and is a decade-old technology, so the remark about Hong Kong and Paris sharing the cost of "new ride technology" doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Thanks for the plug and support as always Malin. Trying to be more active now with my Disney life after two years of laying low! Hehehe. However, I still go to the Parks often and have plenty of pics and video from the past two years that I haven't updated the site. Hopefully, I'll catch up by the end of the year. In the meantime, hope people enjoy my blog. Links below! Thanks.
    Great blog, Joe! I saw a link to it over at Blue Sky Disney's post about the 10th anniversary. Keep up the good work!

ImagineerWarrior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast