Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2010

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Christmas 2010

Maybe a "sneak" of the TDS show on the 13th? I'd say that is a possibility.

• You have much to learn...

I hope there is a sneak preview since I don't want to rely on seeing it only on my last day there. It's probably only the real new thing I'll be seeing on this trip & hope I don't miss out by bad weather or failing to win the lottery.

I know there's always youtube- but it's just not the same as seeing it live.

Not sure what type of show Christmas Wish will be but I hope its as awesome as Mysterious Masquerade and with a awesome soundtrack :-)

• i heart plunging v-necks

I'll be there Nov 13th through Nov 15th...looks to be busy weekend (the official hotels are completely booked and there's also the Shichi Go San Festival).
    Last edited by malice; 10-04-2010 at 06:01 PM.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

????????????? | ????????? | ???????????

appears to be some type of stamp/punch card promo for annual passholders?

• Munchings & Crunchings

That's a cute figurine set. I hope it's not as ridiculously hard to get as the other stamp rally events have been. I wonder if what Duffy and Shellie May are wearing are an indication of the costumes available for Christmas?

• Surfin the net with Duffy

That is sooo cute!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Just another Disney fan..

Thanks for the link. Looks fun.

Quick translation...

"When you collect 10 stamps, you will receive a cute and romantic Christmas themed original figurine set"

The promotion is called "Magic Rally Campaign" for TDS. People that have either a TDS annual pass or a two-park annual pass are eligible.

Starting 11/1-12/30, pass holders can pick up a stamp card. Pick up the stamp card ad the booth where the RED star is on the map. When every 1500 yen is spent at either a restaurant or a store, you receive one stamp. You are allowed to combine reciepts from a day. You are advised not to forget to bring your stamp card. (My guess is they won't let you combine multiple stamp cards together) You can receive one stamp per AP per day.

You get the specified "original figurine" when you receive the 3rd, 5th, 7th and 10th stamps. Figurines will be available starting 11/3 - 12/30/ from park opening to closing. Location to receive your figurine is indicated by the BLUE star on the map.
    Last edited by Roger55; 10-06-2010 at 01:53 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pablo the penguin??? OMG I love him!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for the translation, Roger. It sounds like it's a little more customer friendly this time. Spending 1500 Yen seems fairly easy each day, especially combining receipts this time.

Too bad this is only available to passholders- I wish they would get more into this with regular day guests.

I probably spend more than an average passholder spends in a year in my single trip!! We should have some type of promo available to us non- passholders. I miss the TDS cards they used to give out to win stuff a few years ago.

I managed to win twice on that promotion - one was the snowmickey pins & the next year I won the lanyard clip of snow mickey.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Too bad this is only available to passholders- I wish they would get more into this with regular day guests.
    Actually... you have to visit about 12 times within that period to achieve the grand price.. that is why it is only an APer program.

I probably spend more than an average passholder spends in a year in my single trip!!
    Really? I spend on average $350-$425 every month (times 12 that is) at TDR. How much do you spend on your trip?

We should have some type of promo available to us non- passholders. I miss the TDS cards they used to give out to win stuff a few years ago
    You know.. APers at TDR get *nothing*. No discounts on hotels, no special ticket prices.. nothing. This is why I am selfish and say.. that I am glad some of these promotions are geared towards those of us who do visit often and spend a lot.

I easily go way over my $800 limit on purchases & have to tell a little white lie on my customs forms when I fly home. I could easily spend a few thousand each trip- but try to limit my buying. Not to mention what I buy on ebay during the year as well. I really don't want to know what I would have to pay if I'm ever pulled over at customs.

Yes, I agree that there should be promo's for passholders, but I still wish that there were some other similar promotions going on based on how much you would spend- I'm sure TDR really won't turn down the extra yen that many are willing to spend at the resort.

My friend had an annual pass his first time- but he did go back a few times the first year he had been there & I know the AP price for both parks is really expensive.

Although I've never done it, I'm sure it costs a mint to get the entire pin collection for the dining at the Ambassador Hotel.

If I were able to get out to Japan as much as you do TDLFAN, I'm sure I could easily beat your monthly totals- but my job doesn't allow me that much time off & I really don't enjoy the 13-14 hour flight either.

yes Christmas is near now
    I am traveling now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast