Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2010

• Banned User

Re: Christmas 2010

Thanks for posting the link. The "Xmas Wishes" show concept art looks stunning. It's like a throw back to the living Xmas tree that was a part of the TDL Xmas shows at the castle for so many years.
    And what is WDW doing for Xmas 2010 that is new and exciting??

Gotta love the Xmas graphics on the hotel page. So classy, so TDR. I wonder if this hotel Xmas party they advertize will be worth the 9,000 yen price.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Thanks for posting the link. The "Xmas Wishes" show concept art looks stunning. It's like a throw back to the living Xmas tree that was a part of the TDL Xmas shows at the castle for so many years.

Gotta love the Xmas graphics on the hotel page. So classy, so TDR. I wonder if this hotel Xmas party they advertize will be worth the 9,000 yen price.
    The Christmas Wishes show does look stunning. Can't wait to see it.
    As far as WDW im 99.9% sure it will be the same old stuff. Very very sad. Maybe WDW will steal the EP Dreamlights Christmas soundtrack for the MSEP haha.

• Journey On!

Thank you, Dizneydogs! Christmas Wishes looks AWESOME! And the Dockside show looks potentially very sentimental, which I'm a sucker for!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

I agree, the concept art is making me um nevermind LoL! I cannot imagine what the youtube version will do for me.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

I致e been wondering something ever since I saw the concept art, does X-MAS Wishes belong in front of TOT? I know Myserious Masquerade fits there, but X-MAS Wishes??

I wonder if X-MAS Wishes will be better than Minnie痴 Nutcracker which I thought and felt was the best X-MAS Show ever at any Disney Park and The only place I saw it was online mind you.

• Journey On!

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    I致e been wondering something ever since I saw the concept art, does X-MAS Wishes belong in front of TOT? I know Myserious Masquerade fits there, but X-MAS Wishes??

I wonder if X-MAS Wishes will be better than Minnie痴 Nutcracker which I thought and felt was the best X-MAS Show ever at any Disney Park and The only place I saw it was online mind you.
    I hear you, but I'm hoping they plan on really decorating the whole park this year with the "Seven Lights of Christmas" theme, including the facade of ToT. If it was decorated, I think it would be pretty fitting, especially if there's Christmas music about all day...until the great green flash of Shiriki Utundu and the blood-curdling screams shatter your sugarplum dreams of roasted chestnuts.^^

I just realized... It's really, really odd that they don't sell roasted chestnuts for Christmas here. Unlike the US, they're actually sold all over Japan during the cold seasons. Maybe that's it, though...maybe Japanese Guests wouldn't equate that with a holiday feeling. But I sure would like it! It's something I've only experienced in song in America, but it's actually really easy to have roasted chestnuts on Christmas in Tokyo. Mm...and different flavors - cinnamon and caramel chestnuts!^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I just realized... It's really, really odd that they don't sell roasted chestnuts for Christmas here. Unlike the US, they're actually sold all over Japan during the cold seasons. Maybe that's it, though...maybe Japanese Guests wouldn't equate that with a holiday feeling. But I sure would like it! It's something I've only experienced in song in America, but it's actually really easy to have roasted chestnuts on Christmas in Tokyo. Mm...and different flavors - cinnamon and caramel chestnuts!^^
    Not like popcorn, it requires a lot of efforts to eat roasted chestnuts. And I think shells would be too messy for such a clearn park...

• You have much to learn...

Thanks for the link- I can only hope that I win the lottery that day at the park since it will be my last full day there & I don't want to miss the Christmas wishes show.

I don't think they have a schedule posted anywhere yet, but I'm leaving the following day 11/15-Does anyone recall how early the first show usually is??

• Journey On!

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    Not like popcorn, it requires a lot of efforts to eat roasted chestnuts. And I think shells would be too messy for such a clearn park...
    When I've had them, they were already shelled. I don't know this messy shells version.^^

• i heart plunging v-necks

The website is up! TDR CHRISTMAS 2010
    Last edited by malice; 10-28-2010 at 12:40 AM.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Yay thanks!

• Journey On!

Talking Re: Christmas 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    christmas wish...
    thank you!!!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm liking the 7 themed trees! I wondered how they would do both Port Discovery and Mysterious Island, and they...work somehow. Sure, they're kind of a stretch, but at least they didn't just toss themed ornaments on an evergreen. Also, Lost River Delta's is a great idea, and kind of reminds me of the huge tree at Disneyland on Big Thunder Trail that they decorate every year...it's just amazing to look at.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast