Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2010

Re: Christmas 2010

Is there videos up yet of Christmas Wish?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Christmas 2010

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    Is there videos up yet of Christmas Wish?
    Christmas Wishes doesn't start until November 14.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I mean really, how many ways can you sing the same song...Merry Christmas blah blah. Honestly I have always thought Christmas was one holiday hard to steer away from "classic tunes". Now when it comes to Halloween people don't associate music with that holiday, like they do with Christmas.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    …Honestly I have always thought Christmas was one holiday hard to steer away from "classic tunes". Now when it comes to Halloween people don't associate music with that holiday, like they do with Christmas.
    I see your point, but then I think of Mickey's Jolly Snowtime and Mariah's All I Want For Christmas or Death Cab's cover of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and I know it can be done when creative people are encouraged to do it, and when such effort (and only such effort) is both expected and rewarded.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-08-2010 at 07:43 PM.

• Banned User

Even Mariah Carey has a new Xmas album out this year with FOUR new tunes.. But while TDL's Xmas parade disappoints for using recycled music from previous years.. I am hoping that TDS' new "Christmas Wishes" show will deliver something new and worth remembering, like the classic "Welcome to Xmas" tune.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Re: Christmas 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am hoping that TDS' new "Christmas Wishes" show will deliver something new and worth remembering, like the classic "Welcome to Xmas" tune.
    Is the English version available on CD anywhere?

I understand... Cannot wait to hear Mariah belt it out. I am surprised with how TDR loves using gospel like singers in some of their tracks that could not make some snazzy new number.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• You have much to learn...

It`s been posted in another thread- but this years Christmas Decor is way below TDR`s usually high standards. The merchandise is nice and plentiful- but the Mickey & Minnie pin on plush seem to be sold out except for the main shop in TDL.

The parade and music are basically the same from last year- about 1/2 of the decorations are gone- the area around Walt and Mickey is barren-It is really ashame-

TDS is a little better, but decorations are sparse- I a little better, but decorations are sparse- I hope Christmas Wishes show blows us sparse- I hope Christmas Wishes show blows us away.

I`m even annoyed that the plastic snowman Mickey and Minnie with the candies and cookies are not being sold- they were usually very popular.

I`m still having a great time even with the lack of decorations.

• Banned User

I am still disappointed that I could not make it there this week. I assume that is the small Mickey and Minnie plushes ate sold out.. then the Duffy/Shelly Mae xmas ones must be long gone as well?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

It`s been posted in another thread- but this years Christmas Decor is way below TDR`s usually high standards.
    Cutbacks don't several Members usually go on a rant when the Walt Disney Company pull back on this kind of thing. I had the chance to see some of that Christmas Greeting Show over by the Dockside Stage on YouTube. And just had to turn off. The usual lame stuff, a Character show full of dancing and not much content. Even some of the music seem to be recycled. Also the appearance of Shellie May as a Character appeared to do nothing to save this show. Although I'm sure it will be a hit with the usual fanbase that love this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Christmas Wishes doesn't start until November 14.
    Odd the show did not start on the 8th with everything else. I hope the show is as good as Mysterious Masquerade was for the Halloween season, specially the soundtrack.

Is this the Starbright Christmas show that is on the CD this year?

YouTube - TDL?????3

So the english version of the holiday events is up, description of Holiday Wishes. Hopefully we will have some video soon!

In this revue-style show with comical dances and cute performances, Mickey and his friends find themselves taken by the Christmas sprites to a fantasy-filled place where their Christmas wishes, including those of Santa Claus and snowmen, come true. Mickey and his pals, realizing what their true wishes are, sing a heartwarming carol while the sprites perform a beautiful dance. The show comes to an end with wonderful music, as the sprites come together to complete a brilliantly decorated Christmas tree of approximately 10 meters in height

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    Odd the show did not start on the 8th with everything else. I hope the show is as good as Mysterious Masquerade was for the Halloween season, specially the soundtrack.
    It's definitely as good as Mysterious Masquerade! TDL's Christmas is really lacking without a castle show but I don't understand why people here are complaining about TDS's Christmas. Both the Christmas Wishes and 7 lights of Christmas are great in addition to the regular Christmas entertainment like BBB! and atmosphere like the Fun Cast Member, Musica Mexicana, Kitchen Beat etc. As an annual passholder I love what TDS has done and it's more than enough entertainment for people who buy a day pass or make a special trip. TDL improved the parade although it would have been much nicer if they had gone with completely new music and it needs some kind of show other than Super Duper Jumping time. My husband didn't go with a TDL annual pass this time opting only for TDS and is perfectly happy with his decision.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    It's definitely as good as Mysterious Masquerade! TDL's Christmas is really lacking without a castle show but I don't understand why people here are complaining about TDS's Christmas. Both the Christmas Wishes and 7 lights of Christmas are great in addition to the regular Christmas entertainment like BBB! and atmosphere like the Fun Cast Member, Musica Mexicana, Kitchen Beat etc. As an annual passholder I love what TDS has done and it's more than enough entertainment for people who buy a day pass or make a special trip. TDL improved the parade although it would have been much nicer if they had gone with completely new music and it needs some kind of show other than Super Duper Jumping time. My husband didn't go with a TDL annual pass this time opting only for TDS and is perfectly happy with his decision.
    Having discoverd TDR online near the end of TDL's Classic Christmas Castle Shows era back in 2004, I would agree with you but let's not forget TDLEP Dreamlights plays in christmas mode every night. TDL has two big Christmas events a year (more in 2006 and 2007) This year it's White Holiday Parade and TDLEP Dreamslights X-mas version. I'm glad TDL kept White Holiday Parade because I love the new toyland music and tink's music as well. If you ask me the snowtime theme song (love that too!) works better in White Holiday Parade than Jolly Snowtime. If anything's the same year after year, it's Super Duper Jumping time and TDLEP Dreamlights.

It's not Christmas but it is a major Entertainment event: Jubliation is running every day of Christmas Fantasy.

One question for those people who saw Christmas Wishes in person: Is the ending pyro only at night? The dayitme shows on youtube doesn't have it.

The only thing that shocks me a little is no major nighttime event at TDS after B! ended at what has got to be the busiest time of the year. Mythca is running in the daytime why can't they do at night as well

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast