Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Christmas 2010

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Christmas 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Having discoverd TDR online near the end of TDL's Classic Christmas Castle Shows era back in 2004, I would agree with you but let's not forget TDLEP Dreamlights plays in christmas mode every night. TDL has two big Christmas events a year (more in 2006 and 2007) This year it's White Holiday Parade and TDLEP Dreamslights X-mas version. I'm glad TDL kept White Holiday Parade because I love the new toyland music and tink's music as well. If you ask me the snowtime theme song (love that too!) works better in White Holiday Parade than Jolly Snowtime. If anything's the same year after year, it's Super Duper Jumping time and TDLEP Dreamlights.

It's not Christmas but it is a major Entertainment event: Jubliation is running every day of Christmas Fantasy.

One question for those people who saw Christmas Wishes in person: Is the ending pyro only at night? The dayitme shows on youtube doesn't have it.

The only thing that shocks me a little is no major nighttime event at TDS after B! ended at what has got to be the busiest time of the year. Mythca is running in the daytime why can't they do at night as well
    The toyland music is really good in the parade and it's nice to see more romance between Minnie and Mickey for the show stop and that the float they are on is lower to the ground so it's easier to see. I also agree that Tink and Terrance are a nice addition and very cute with the way they interact together! It's definitely improved from last year for sure. I get what your saying about what TDL has to offer because it does have the other parades and Christmas overlays which is great for people buying one day passes and making trips to TDR. I get that they want to get more people to go to TDS and actually am really happy with that since we prefer that park but feel TDL can do better even if they just add like a character greeting like 7 lights but TDL style to their Christmas event if they don't want to do a full show.

The Christmas Wishes should also have the pyro during the day just like Mysterious Masquerade but maybe they had a technical difficulty or it could have been stopped due to the wind. I think the major night time event at TDS is Christmas Wishes so it doesn't feel like anything is missing except for the people camping out to watch the show. 7 lights also runs fairly late so the crowds that would be watching the show on the harbor are concentrated in New York Waterfront.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Banned User

I don't care what people say about TDR's offerings this year... Let's complain about WDW's xmas offerings which have not changed at all in the past decade.. and you have to pay extra to enjoy much less during the Xmas parties.. so please: let's put this in perspective, shall we? TDR is still *THE* place to go for a Disney Christmas.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

change, they have cut multi things in the past five years!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    change, they have cut multi things in the past five years!
    Is that right? Oh well.. that goes to show how much I go to WDW during Xmas boring time. Candlelight processional.. BORING!!! I had more fun being physically abused by nuns in provate school.

The biggest cut was "Mickey's Twas a night before Christmas" (located at Galaxy theater) which was TDL caliber, they casted all equity performers outside of the company! (my bff stills talks about is) And minor but still cute, Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story time.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    The biggest cut was "Mickey's Twas a night before Christmas" (located at Galaxy theater) which was TDL caliber, they casted all equity performers outside of the company! (my bff stills talks about is) And minor but still cute, Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story time.
    It was my understanding that Twas The Night B4 Xmas show went to DHS last year? Is that not the case? FYI.. the partner loved that show and that is the single reason why he would not go to the Xmas parties at the MK and yet another reason why he is not renewing his AP at WDW at all. That show they do in the Tomorrowland stage by the COP is garbage. I am honestly shocked that people feel these parties at the MK are worth the money.. What a rip off of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    It was my understanding that Twas The Night B4 Xmas show went to DHS last year? Is that not the case? FYI.. the partner loved that show and that is the single reason why he would not go to the Xmas parties at the MK and yet another reason why he is not renewing his AP at WDW at all. That show they do in the Tomorrowland stage by the COP is garbage. I am honestly shocked that people feel these parties at the MK are worth the money.. What a rip off of epic proportions.
    You mean Tomorrowland Totally Tragic Christmas? 10 minutes that I will never get back in my life!

Yes "Mickey's Twas a Night before Christmas" was never moved anywhere, and it was a show that you had to get to early or you would not be admitted, aka it was was like TDR where they could use a lottery for it. It was a very well done show! And I hate saying that lol!!

• Banned User

Oh I saw Twas the Night for decades. It was a nice show.. classic "Kids of the Kingdom" fare. But sadly, it was the same old tired show year after year. Very little was changed from one year to the next.. I would have liked to see WDW management give us an equally impressive show or else, do something on the castle stage of the same caliber of the old and venerable "Sparkling Christmas Spectacular" from the late 80s and early 90s.. Remember the three baby girls singing "we are getting n'thing for Xmas"? THAT was the MK at it's best.

But hey.. God forbids that CMs working behind the Main Street facades not have a nicely paved parking lot behind Astroblasters... so take away from the guests so the Main St. CMs can park in style.

I found this Very disturbing, I used to always get my TDL and TDS Cd's from yesasia or playasia. Well playasia does not seem to be selling currently release TDL Cd's for whatever reason, at least they did not for the Halloween Cd's and the new Christmas Cd's are not yet listed. I just went to the yesasia site and was looking at the new TDL and TDS Christmas Cd's and they have the price jacked up to about $30 something each! This was not the case with the Halloween Cd's... I do not understand this at all! It is getting a little ridiculous... Then you add the shipping on top of that which I have to choose the most expensive/fastest shipping option in order to even get the Cd's before Christmas is over.... Very frustrating!

I hope I can find other options but I happened to have trusted those two sites and never had any issues with them. Very upsetting.

The exchange rate is not helping matters either.

• You have much to learn...

The Christmas Fantasy & Christmas Wishes CD's were just released at the parks on 11/13 & 11/14. The prices on the CD's themselves was 2,625 yen I believe- I'm at work & not looking at them right now- but that roughly translates them to $31-$32 USD. So it isn't yesasia or playasia's faults- the prices of the CD's are up this year.

Also, about the park's decor this year- Yes, it is still a little less than what I've seen in the past- but doesn't take anything away from the whole experience. The Christmas parade was still very nice, but I did wish that they would have used new music since this is what TDR normally does each year- even if the parade is similar, the music usually changed each year.

All in all TDR still offers the best Christmas experience of all of the Disney parks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678