Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2010

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Christmas 2010

While we all wait and count down the last few days before Halloween officially starts. Details have been annouced for the next event, Christmas. Press Release has been translated and is up to view @ Welcome to Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site

Credit to JoeInJpn

At Tokyo Disneyland, "Christmas Fantasy" starts off with the "White Holiday Parade" The floats feature Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell and Terrence, and Chip and Dale ice skating. This year two new floats will be added. At night in front of Cinderella Castle, "Twinkling Christmas Castle" will be performed.

At Tokyo DisneySea, the new "Christmas Wish" will be presented. There will be Christmas-themed displays in all seven themed ports. From November 14th, Waterfront Park will be the site for the story revue-type stage show "Christmas Wish". It features Christmas carols, dancing and, for the finale, a 10-meter tall Christmas tree with a grand surprise! Dockside Stage will host the character greeting show "Seven Lights of Christmas".

Disney Ambassador Hotel, Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta, Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, Ikspiari, Cirque du Soleil Theatre Tokyo, and the Tokyo Disney Resort Line will also hold Christmas-related events. Ikspiari's "Pure White Christmas" begins Saturday, November 6th.
    See website for full details TDR Christmas 2010 Preview

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Christmas 2010

Aw, despite the two new floats for TDL, it looks like the same stuff from last year. TDS will be interesting without Candlelight Reflections, but what they have sounds nice. Let's get through Halloween first though, LOL!

• Banned User

I hate that OLC is repeating itself like all of the DL parks in the rest of the World do. Still.. two new floats at TYDl and two new shows at TDS.. well, it's more than what they are doing that is *new* at WDW. At the MK, we only get a new float in the parade every 8 years or so it seems, and youhave to pay hard ticket for the party. What a rip off, and the stupid brits keep coming to FL... *rolls eyes*

• Shubisha

I'm not disappointed the parade's the same.. They did that with halloween last year where they kept the parade from the previous year with new music and a new float so that they could focus on a new show at DisneySea. With Harborside Christmas gone and a new show coming they're putting their main budget and that and still doing some minor changes(minor by their standards, pretty major overhaul if it was WDW) to the parade over at TDL.

• Banned User

I also don't see a problem with OLC repeating the same parade for two years running. We will recieve two brand new floats. And its a vast improvement on a few years a back when the park just used the regular Dreams on Parade floats with a tempory Christmas overlay. Plus this year the Resort has given us the fun Power of Music Castle Show and two brand new Easter and Halloween Parade's. All included in your admission price. So we have already seen our fill of new entertainment this year.

Going a bit off topic for a minute while on the topic of Entertainment. One area that could be mixed up a bit is the Summer Event. I spent a couple of nights this week viewing the DVD box set Memories of the Tokyo Disney Resort. And the Disneyland park use to present before Cool the Heat some rather impressive Summer Parade's that would include splash zones. Would be cool to see something like this return one year perhaps.

• Banned User

Again.. for those of us who visit on average twice a month.. as opposed to some of you who visit twice every 5 years... I can see why the repeating shows are not of a concern. I call this phenomenon the "WDW Tourist Syndrome". But keep in mind that the majority of guests at TDR *are* locals (thank God for that) so that is what drives OLC to be inventive from one year to the next... something they forgot to do at DL as of late, but mercifully HKDL is trying to cope with. However, I am not blind to the fact that some of those locals also enjoy the Cool the Heat show and get into it with abandon., and I also realize that money being a concern, it will be necesary to repeat some things so they can allow for new things to be produced for two parks. So I am ok with that.. but I would hope for OLC to limit itself to 4 yrs if they are repeating entertainment. Look how pathetic the situation is at WDW.. where we have been seeing the same parade floats for a decade, same pyro at EPCOT for 11 yrs.., same Halloween party "favors" for like over a decade as well? C'mon.. I hope OLC does not allow itself to be bullied by the WDC into making the same mistakes, and sadly I already see it happening.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-04-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Anyone know why we have to wait for Bra! to end before the Christmas Wishes show?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Anyone know why we have to wait for Bra! to end before the Christmas Wishes show?
    My guess would be to "space crowds". Everytime a new show premieres at TDR, the fans show up in huge numbers. With expected crowds to show up for BraviSEAmo!'s final performances, OLC may feel it's prudent to retire one show before offering a new one. So my guess is 'crowd control'.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    My guess would be to "space crowds". Everytime a new show premieres at TDR, the fans show up in huge numbers. With expected crowds to show up for BraviSEAmo!'s final performances, OLC may feel it's prudent to retire one show before offering a new one. So my guess is 'crowd control'.
    That does make sence but, the other TDS Xmas shows are opening up on the 8th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    That does make sence but, the other TDS Xmas shows are opening up on the 8th
    Good point but I think the show you referred to is the only new one at TDS this year.. maybe reason why the delayed debut? Maybe Joe can offer another insight since he is connected to Cms there...who can spill the proverbial beans.

• Banned User

Christmas Wishes will be taking up the space occupied by Mysterious Masquerade. 8 days between shows will just not be enough time to change the staging area and run all the various lighting effects and rehearsal's that will need to be done in order to bring this style of production to the Park. The team will already be under presure also having to pull down and place up brand new decorations across the Resort. Remember a lot of the jobs involved can only be done during park closing hours.

By the way I missed this but its mentioned in the Press Release provided by JoeInJpn that Tokyo Disneyland will be featuring merchandise this year from another Classic Character, Pablo the Penguin who starred in the Three Caballeros. Will be interesting to see what the Duffy fanbase make to Pablo. The Penguin that hates the cold.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Christmas Wishes will be taking up the space occupied by Mysterious Masquerade. 8 days between shows will just not be enough time to change the staging area and run all the various lighting effects and rehearsal's that will need to be done in order to bring this style of production to the Park. The team will already be under presure also having to pull down and place up brand new decorations across the Resort. Remember a lot of the jobs involved can only be done during park closing hours.

By the way I missed this but its mentioned in the Press Release provided by JoeInJpn that Tokyo Disneyland will be featuring merchandise this year from another Classic Character, Pablo the Penguin who starred in the Three Caballeros. Will be interesting to see what the Duffy fanbase make to Pablo. The Penguin that hates the cold.
    Oh, I don't think Pablo is a threat to Duffy at all. TDR is always using obscure characters in merchandise. I love that they do this. I mean they had Silly Symphonies stuff last year. They've done Fifi the dog (Pluto's girlfriend), the Orange Bird. Miss Bunny and Clarice (who are staples now), and lots of other unseen characters. I think Pablo is just in a long line of cute merchandise.

• You have much to learn...

At least TDR keeps alive the obscure Disney characters, whereas they seem lost and forgotten in WDW & DL.

I'm counting the days now till 11/8 since Christmas is my favorite time of year, even though Halloween is now running a really close second. I'll have my first glance when I arrive 11/7- I can't wait.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    At least TDR keeps alive the obscure Disney characters, whereas they seem lost and forgotten in WDW & DL.

I'm counting the days now till 11/8 since Christmas is my favorite time of year, even though Halloween is now running a really close second. I'll have my first glance when I arrive 11/7- I can't wait.
    This is why I'm really looking forward to the game "Epic Mickey". Lots of obscure Disney characters finally have their day, and it's the first time we've seen Oswald animated since his original cartoons.

• You have much to learn...

Ok, now it took me a while to actually read the whole press release- I didn't realize that the show wasn't starting at TDS till 11/14- I'm leaving the 15th so I hope I can get in to see the first days show.

I really hope there was some error in the date and that it's the week before- but it does make sense since the halloween stuff ends the week before the christmas stuff starts.

I just hope there's no rain or bad weather on 11/14 and will probably have to camp out for a while just to make sure we get to see the show that day. We leave the following afternoon, but doubt there will be a show in the early morning hours.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast