TDS or TDL which to visit on Day 1?

Hi, I am visiting TDR with my husband and children 7 & 3 from Sunday 7th of November to Wednesday 10th of November staying at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel - Yippee. I have answered most of my questions from reading the forum over the last few months. However currently the one question I have (I am sure there will be more later) is which park to visit on the Sunday (unavoidable) as the first day on our four day multi pass. Initially I thought TDL to see before christmas and after christmas has started and just because it's TDL. But currently I am thinking Disneysea as looking at a Japanese crowd calender it appears to be less crowded than TDL and the park doesn't open until 9.00 which gives us more time to get there before opening from when we check out of our apartment in tokyo.

Thanks everyone for your help with my question and for the past few months of info!

• Banned User

Re: TDS or TDL which to visit on Day 1?

You have a 4-day pass, right? Honestly does not matter which park to start off with. Suindays usually is more crowded at TDL.. but since this is the beginning of the Christmas events.. both park might have heavy attendance as locals and APers rush to see the Christmas offerings this year.
    it also depends on your stamina... TDL has much more to see and do...so maybe it would be a good way to start by tackling the park that has the most to do.. that way you have more time later to consider what you want to see again or do things you missed. Likewise, you do a lot of walking at TDS so... that alone may take more time of your day.

So my answer is... it does not matter where you start. If doing TDS first fits your schedule better.. then go for it. But keep this one thing in mind: These parks get pretty full in the morning. So be there at least 1 hr before the parks open. Getting there late may cause you to miss out on some fastpasses which usually go out by noon time on busy days.. The trick to enjoy all those two parks have to offer is to arrive early and take adavntage of Fastpass as soon as you enter the park, or else, risk ultra long standby lines for most major attractions.
    Also keep in mind.. TDS' Braviseamo show closes on nov 13th.. so that park may see an iincrease of attendances as fans rush to go see the show one last time.

Hope that info helps some.

• Resident of the Caldera

I vote for DisneySea on the first day.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'm a traditionalist in that Id go in the order they opened to the public on my first visit to a Disney resort. I like to see the oldest things first, even when exploring a new city.

• Just another Disney fan..

I say TDS. If it's too crowded for attractions you can walk around and enjoy the completely unique atmosphere.

• Not here to help

I would save the best for last. TDS is like no other place on earth. Going to TDL first would leave TDS as a great thing to look forward to. There is only one DisneySEA. But Disneyland is pretty much the same thing all over the world... even if there are some huge differences betwen the different versions.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Established 2005

Agree with TTT. . .TDL first, no question.

I went to TDS first, next day TDL and liked everything just fine. About a week later I had one more day for TDS.
    Sleeping on Disney sheets...zzz

http://imagineartony.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your helpful replies it's given more to think about. I still haven't decided but I think it will depend on how early we can get there.

Thanks again!

Take lots of pics for us!

• Curious Explorer

Wink Re: TDS or TDL which to visit on Day 1?

TDL has so many attractions and rides that you will have to catch on to get the full fun of the park, so I guess it will be quite exhausting there. While TDS may have less attractions but the sights are amazingly beautiful so it may suitable for leisure and sightseeing. If we look from this point, I may suggest you go to TDL on the first day and on the second day you can relax in TDS.
    But it depends though. If TDL is usually so crowded, then you may want to go to TDS on Sunday. It was nice atmosphere there (in TDS) on Sunday. You can really chill and enjoy the rides and the park.

A Tip: Follow up the weather casting. TDS is definitely more enjoyable in sunny day since you may have more outdoor sightseeing compare to TDL which the activities will be mostly indoor rides.

We have now returned from our amazing trip. I thought I'd let you know what I ended up doing. As much as we tried to get there early by the time we did baggage drop TDL on the Sunday had opened. Off went to TDS for our first day. I think it was an amazing choice for first day as although it wasn't Disneyland per se it has such atmosphere to just soak in and allow a family of four to take there time and get used to all things Disney. The crowds weren't too bad and we managed to go on some rides, see Braviseamo, eat some food, buy some merchandise and go back and check in to Disneyland hotel. TDL we did on Monday and managed alot even with crowds. Tuesday back to TDL to do more and repeat what we loved and Wednesday to Disneysea which had very small crowds. Thanks every one for the info and views provided. I will endeavour to provide a bit more info in a small trip report (sorry no amazing effort like lurlyloo) another day!

• Banned User

Glad to know you had a great time at TDR LoveJapan.