Thread: PhotoKey

• Banned User

PhotoKey

Just a bit of news to expand on what JoeInJpn mentioned a few days ago...

Up until a few weeks ago, when you used the services of roaming park photographers, you would recieve a paper reciept and pick up your photos at the Camera shops at TDL and TDS. Now a service similar to Photopass has been introduced.. and it's called PhotoKey.

When you have your photo taken at the park.. you will be given a Photokey card, that will allow you to have your park photos 'saved' in a personal accout that can be accessed here (on the TDR official site:

https://www.tdronlinephoto.jp/

If I am not mistake.. and Joe please correct me if I am wrong.. You have a photographer take your picture, they give you the Photo Key Card, that has a personal ID number on the back side. You can use the link above to access your photos using the personal ID # on the card.... and then you can order and pay for the photos from your own home. I believe guests still have the option of buying such pictures at the Camera Center. Please note the Photos On Line service is only available in japanese.

I hope JoeInJpn or Ichigopara can provide more info on this topic.

Re: PhotoKey

Just read the site. It looks like pretty much the sane as how Photopass works here (as of December 2009 when I used it).

Flow:
    • Look for photographer, take picture and get the photo key card (map of where you can get the photo key card)
    • Give the photo key card to lots of photograpers.
    • Go online and order what you want including a CD
    • You can upload pictures you've taken too
    • They have so called "Magical Plus" pix. Just like WDW, a photographer guides you to pose certain way, and the pix will have special effects added.
    • Each pix will be deleted after 30 days of the pix taken
    • You can use the same card at both parks
    • You can combine multiple cards
    Caveat:
    • Domestic shipping only - no oversee shipping
    • Only up to 80 pix per CD. Need to purchance more CDs if more than 80 pix.
    Someone in Japan can start a business ordering and shipping to INTL customers.

Thank you both for the information. It's a shame that they don't ship outside of Japan. Can we assume that it is possible to buy a CD of the photos (rather than individual printed ones) at the parks? Also, I'd be interested in hearing if the photographers are happy to also take photos using guests' own cameras, as in the US.

The website says the delivery format is shipping only.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thank you both for the information. It's a shame that they don't ship outside of Japan.
    "Sigh" this just further continue's OLC's discrimination against the 3% of Guests who visit the Resort outside of Japan. The FUNderful Membership is only opened to people in Japan. Making reservations for the dinner shows is not an option for anyone outside of Japan. Its only been the last couple of years that we have been able to book Hotel Reservations and Park Tickets online. And even with the later you still need to physically pick them up when you arrive.

When it comes to the Tokyo Disney Resort and while I love the place. I can't help but continue to be reminded I'm an outsider looking in. No other Disney Park makes me feel this way and being from the United Kingdom, I have had ease booking Reservations, ticketed events and purchasing photo's online without ever feeling left out. I'm even a Member of the D23 Disney Fan Club which clearly is targeting itself towards the US Audience. But I'm still able to purchase merchandise, and attend the Disneyland and Walt Disney World events. And I even have tickets to attend next years Expo in Anaheim.

Also, I'd be interested in hearing if the photographers are happy to also take photos using guests' own cameras, as in the US.
    Yes the Cast Members will be more than happy to take photo's using the Guests own camera's like in the US Parks. Which is good seeing the PhotoKey option is only opened to anyone located with a Japanese mailing address. Do keep in mind that Guests are restricted because of timing and are only allowed to take one photo from your own camera. But are given an optional second photo using the photokey. But why I'm telling anyone on here this is beyond me since its the second option will exclude most of you!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Resident of the Caldera

In case you haven't noticed, accommodating people who aren't Japanese is not generally high on the Japanese priority list.

• Minion

Well thats true, but I kind of expect a themepark with a licence to use the Disney name and brand should follow the example set by the Walt Disney Company, and not the general attitude of Japan and be welcoming to any visitors to the Resort, no matter where in the World they came from. When I think how much money I have spent in the last couple of years at the Tokyo Disney Resort alone, we're talking $3-4000. I think for that I have the right to be accepted and able to use all the features and options that the Japanese and others living in Japan are free to use everyday. And that includes the PhotoKey option, if I wanted too for instance. The fact I'm unable to is kind of an ignorant snob from the Tokyo Disney Resort to anyone who wants to visit the Resort from outside of Japan.

Well, making 97% happy is way more important than making 3% happy as a business... Not great for outsiders, but I can understand their priority.

• Minion

Well, making 97% happy is way more important than making 3% happy as a business... Not great for outsiders, but I can understand their priority.
    Well if thats the attitude maybe I'll put on hold all future trips to Tokyo until they start treating that other 3% with the same respect that 97% of the other Guests are treated each and every day.

By the way for the record I'm not even bothered if PhotoKey is available or not to people outside of Japan. Its a service I would never use. I just feel it would be nice to offer the service to everyone like its set up in the States instead of excluding and possibly disapointing some people who may not have an address in Japan.
    Last edited by Malin; 10-10-2010 at 02:24 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
    Thank you both for the information. It's a shame that they don't ship outside of Japan. Can we assume that it is possible to buy a CD of the photos (rather than individual printed ones) at the parks? Also, I'd be interested in hearing if the photographers are happy to also take photos using guests' own cameras, as in the US.
    I have never had any of the photographers deny taking my picture with my own camera... so as far as I know, they are OK with that. However, you may have to do the line just like anyone else before they take your picture and trust me.. sometimes the lines at certain photo spots can be long and slow.

The lines for photos were HUGE today, as was every other line. It's a national holiday (Sports Day), and you know it's busy when even the vending machines have a 20 minute line!

• Banned User

....And then WDC claims the Mk at WDW is the most visited park on Earth. What a bunch of croc.

Late this afternoon the photo lines were short, and we had ours taken in front of the optical illusion/graveyard set. We used the official photographer and our photos came in a beautiful Halloween-themed cardboard frame that opens into a tryptic with stock photos of the fab four in their Halloween costumes on the sides. Looked great and glad we had them done rather than relying on crap cellphone pix.