Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: TDS 10th Anniversary "Be Magical!" Calendar

Come to think of it, toonaspie, it really does seem more Disneyland than DisneySEA. Now I like it even more for being surprising!^^

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Japanese website updated with more infO, hope someone can translate!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

If you mean the little blurb on the first page, it just basically says that the 10th Anniversary is coming this year, with some new attractions we can enjoy. No news yet and it's not clickable.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: TDS 10th Anniversary "Be Magical!" Calendar

Thanks for the LINK, Travis, and the heads-up!^^

1. 10th Anniversary Event "Be Magical!"
      Mickey Mouse becomes a wizard by donning the magical hat from Fantasia, empowered by the mystic forces of sorcery. Joined by his friends, he awakens a magic sleeping within Tokyo DisneySEA for the 10th Anniversary celebration.
      The mysterious hat can be worn by guests too, granting them the power to "Be Magical!!" The enchantment flows through all the seven seas of TDS, and guests are invited to let the fantasy overflow into the world of daily life. Be part of the glittering magic and create lasting memories with your Disney friends.
      Let's sail away with Disney fantasy on the seas where dreams and wishes come true!
    2. Nighttime Spectacular "Fantasmic!"
      The new nighttime spectacular "Fantasmic!" premieres on April 23 on the waters of the Mediterranean Harbor. Mickey, as the Sorcerer's Apprentice, invites everyone into a fantastic and exciting world of imagination.
    3. Feel the Magic with Disney Entertainment!
      Feel even more Disney magic with fantastic entertainment programs. In the greeting show, "Be Magical!" guests are invited to participate by joining Mickey and the Disney friends for heart-lifting music and magnificent dancing to celebrate the 10th anniversary. Plus, a "Table Is Waiting" for you again! This delicious revue introduces the many tasty treats that Mickey brought home as charming souvenirs from his world tour (with Duffy!!!...just kidding...it doesn't really mention Duffy^^).
    4. 2 New Attractions Opening!
      The 10th Anniversary will see two new attractions open in Tokyo DisneySEA. "Mickey & Friends' Greeting Trails" opens on April 23, followed by "Jasmine's Flying Carpets" this summer. Enjoy a stroll in the fresh air or join Aladdin and Jasmine for an uplifting magic carpet ride. Come enjoy Tokyo DisneySEA's 10th Anniversary, overflowing with the magical charms of Mickey and all the Disney friends.
    5. Is "Be Magical!" Coming Your Way!?
      Expressing gratitude for the 10th Anniversary of opening the Tokyo DisneySEA park, Mickey and the Disney friends will embark on a nationwide tour to bring Disney park magic to everyone in Japan.
      Plus, the 2011 Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Fair promises to deliver even more 10th Anniversary fun to more than 100 locations all around the country.
    6. Exciting New Popcorn Flavor + Web Project: 10 Years of Tokyo DisneySEA!
      To commemorate the 10th Anniversary, various projects will also be held on the website.
      The "YOU CHOOSE Popcorn Campaign" will give guests a chance to vote for one new flavor of popcorn to be sold in the park!
      Also, take a look back at the first ten years of Tokyo DisneySEA right up to today, and also gaze ahead to the future of this great park. Expect an update in early April. Stay tuned!
    7. Tokyo DisneySEA & Hotel Miracosta 10th Anniversary!
      This year marks the tenth anniversary of both Tokyo DisneySEA and Hotel Miracosta, where a stay means going to sleep and waking up inside Disney park magic! Please come celebrate this milestone event with a variety of special programs.

Fortunately, I didn't need to do much with the calendar; Joe had already posted it on Page 1 of this thread. I'll just change the order a little and color code his to match the site:^^

April 23rd 2011 to March 19th 2012
    Tokyo DisneySea 10th Anniversary "Be Magical!"

From April 23rd:
    New nighttime spectacular "Fantasmic!" begins

From April 23rd:
    Regular Dockside Stage show "Your Table is Waiting" begins

April 23rd to June 30th:
    Greeting Show "Be Magical!" is performed

From April 23rd:
    Character greeting "Mickey & Friends' Greeting Trails" opens

July 8th to August 31st:
    Summer Programs starring Genie

July 8th to August 31st:
    "Disney Kids' Summer Adventure" held

July 18th:
    New attraction "Jasmine's Flying Carpets" opens

September 9th to October 31st:
    Special event "Disney Halloween" held

November 7th to December 25th:
    Special event "Christmas Wishes" held

December 31st, 2011 to January 1st, 2012:
    Special event "Tokyo DisneySea New Year's Eve Celebration 2012" held

January 1st to 5th:
    Special event "New Year's Programs"

Late January to March 19th:
    Finale special event (Name to be announced)

Plus:

March 27th to June 17th:
    Tokyo DisneySEA 10th Anniversary Tour "Be Magical!"

March 26th to May 22nd:
    Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Fair 2011

I just noticed that "Table Is Waiting" is called "Regular Show" and continues past the end of the anniversary events. I wasn't expecting that; did everyone else already know?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.

• Banned User

Thanks for all of that DuffyDaisuki! I appreciate it.

Just speculation but I do believe that Christmas Wishes was originally for Be Magical! If you think about it, all the characters and their relative lands for Be Magical! are the exact same for Christmas Wishes. Not to mention wishes are quite magical. I would assume that due to construction on the harbor and the park not be able to offer Candlelight Reflections that they bumped Christmas Wishes up to 2010.

Just a thought.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Of course I have no idea, ICe, but that makes a lot of sense to me. Here's hoping the Hats have a more dramatic impact than the Trees, and that maybe someone even put some "fertilizer" to grow the trees bigger for this year.^^

Well, OK, I'm confused. Is the "Be Magical" show the main thing for the "Be Magical" 10th Anniversary celebration? if so, why is it stopping June 30th? Or are there other "Be Magical" shows and that particular one is just a minor part?

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    Well, OK, I'm confused. Is the "Be Magical" show the main thing for the "Be Magical" 10th Anniversary celebration? if so, why is it stopping June 30th? Or are there other "Be Magical" shows and that particular one is just a minor part?
    Generally each park has a "spring program" that runs from April 1st - June 30th. Previously it was Spring Carnivale which had its final season last year. So they are going to modify the welcome show to a "Be Magical" theme to fulfill the spring program activities. Though in the past they would have the standard welcome show, and two showing of Springs Carnival: Fairies Primavera, The Legend of Mythica and then BraviSEAmo in the evening. Now they will only have the "enhanced" welcome show, The Legend of Mythica and Fantasmic!?!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

It is kinda disappointing that there's no real "spring" event during such a significant year. I just hope this show really is magical in some way. Generally I don't expect much from a "greeting show," but Mickey's Mousquerade was AWESOME, so maybe this will be, too!

I am just expecting a slightly modified greeting float, their Be Magical costumes, and new music if we are lucky.

• You have much to learn...

I'm hoping to hear more soon about the Halloween and Christmas programs this year. I'm back to deciding whether to visit during one of the time periods this year. I'm assuming Halloween may be new for TDS this year, but possibly the similar to last year for TDL- this seems to be the trend the past few years now.

Christmas Wishes will most likely be the same- but I hope they do something more for Christmas Fantasy- the same basic parade has run for 2 years with a few changes, so I'm hoping for a new one this year as well in TDL.

I'm still leaning towards Christmas since that has been my norm for the past 6 years, but may change to Halloween- I'd love to do both- but I don't think that's possible this year for me.

Either way- if any news comes out- please post.

Getting back on track- I'm looking forward to the 10th Anniversary- My first visits were for the 20th anniv of TDL, then the 5th of TDS & I've been back every year since. I hope they do a great job of Be Magical- I'm looking forward to seeing just how much they do this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234