Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: 2010 Christmas Merchandise Preview!!!

awww I want a Duffy Christmas tree!!!

Also 1600 yen cocktails wowzer!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks DuffyDad for the info. I thought that the christmas coat maybe like the long burgundy one, but wasn't sure. I think it would be nice if that is the case. I think that material will hold up over time better. Knits seem to stretch over time or at least they do for me. lol

You are right about the mittens not being so useful. If they were gloves it would be better, but I can see waiting for a show or parade and having cute mittens on. Its just nice that they have them for those who like them. Where I am from, it doesn't get that cold. lol

Travis, the Duffy tree is cute. So is that for sale or is that showing how a tree will be decorated in the park? You could totally do one yourself. All you need is the Duffy items. Then go to a cheap decorating store for the lights, ribbons and bows. Its a cute idea. On our christmas tree we have red glass beads on strings, like garlin, its really pretty with white lights. I can see doing something like that and adding Duffy so you have a Duffy Christmas.

I thought about it, but since the little predressed Duffy's are around 15 dollars, that would be one expensive tree! But I will probably put my two little Duffy's on my tree this year!!

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Lost Boy

So much awesome stuff that I want! I REALLY want the Christmas Duffy outfit! I'm not a huge Duffy fan and I didn't get one while we were there (thought everything Duffy was way overpriced and the person we were staying with had a strict NO DUFFY rule ROFL although I did break the rule with a mug and plate from the Cape Cod restaurant with the Duffy show :P ) but I would get one just for that outfit! LOL
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• Munchings & Crunchings

That Duffy tree will most likely be one on display in American Waterfront. They've had them before; I remember seeing pictures of them. You could, theoretically do it "cheaper" by buying the keychain Duffys from WDW or DL and putting little scarves & hats on them. Or...make little wooden versions by stenciling Duffy onto balsa wood, or even make it out of foam core. If you were so inclined...you could get one of the Duffy paper cutouts from the Kid-Cot stations...shrink the image down..stencil it onto the board, and voila!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    So much awesome stuff that I want! I REALLY want the Christmas Duffy outfit! I'm not a huge Duffy fan and I didn't get one while we were there (thought everything Duffy was way overpriced and the person we were staying with had a strict NO DUFFY rule ROFL although I did break the rule with a mug and plate from the Cape Cod restaurant with the Duffy show :P ) but I would get one just for that outfit! LOL
    What, a "no Duffy" rule?? That's just...mean, LOL! Did they hate Duffy or something?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    That Duffy tree will most likely be one on display in American Waterfront. They've had them before; I remember seeing pictures of them. You could, theoretically do it "cheaper" by buying the keychain Duffys from WDW or DL and putting little scarves & hats on them. Or...make little wooden versions by stenciling Duffy onto balsa wood, or even make it out of foam core. If you were so inclined...you could get one of the Duffy paper cutouts from the Kid-Cot stations...shrink the image down..stencil it onto the board, and voila!
    Those are some great ideas!!! Will post pictures next month!

• Lost Boy

What, a "no Duffy" rule?? That's just...mean, LOL! Did they hate Duffy or something?
    Yeah he was definitely NOT a fan :P he referred to him as "Duffy the Demonic Bear" LOL
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• Adventures with Duffy

Great idea about the key chain, I'll try that this year.

That is cool that they decorate a tree in American Waterfront with Duffy. Very festive. Im not sure I saw the tree in 2008 when I was there. But then again I was so overwhelmed with TDS that Im sure I missed a lot, even thought I had 3 days for just that park. There is just so much rich detail and half of the first day I was in the park, I keep saying to myself, I can't believe I am really here. It was such a dream come true and a last min surprised. I love my husband business trips. Im looking forward to his next one, when ever that is. Duffy needs new clothes. lol

If they do a Duffy tree, then that other tree that's in the book, must be in Arials area. It looks very under the sea-ish. Is the tree in that area outside or inside(im not sure what that area indoors is called)?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, I did find a picture of a "Duffy Tree" that looks like it's inside McDuck's Department Store in 2008.

This one was in Aunt Peg's in 2008.
    Last edited by gurgi; 10-26-2010 at 06:12 AM.

• Adventures with Duffy

Oh I remember that tree. Thanks gurgi for posting it. I so wish I knew when I was at TDS, how great Duffy is. I didn't really fall for him till I got home. I bought one for a friend who collects Disney Plushes but didn't get mine till after I got home. Oh well.

Those trees would be pretty easy to make at home. Seems they go for the gold and red colors and then just add Duffy's. Not sure I will be hanging my big Duffy from the tree. lol I think he get mad. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    . Not sure I will be hanging my big Duffy from the tree. lol I think he get mad. lol
    LOL, yeah mine just loves laying in bed and relaxing

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

So is that for sale or is that showing how a tree will be decorated in the park?
    Those are park decorations, for the SEVEN LIGHTS OF CHRISTMAS theme that will include ALL AREAS of the park for this holiday season!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I thought about it, but since the little predressed Duffy's are around 15 dollars, that would be one expensive tree! But I will probably put my two little Duffy's on my tree this year!!
    I went through this process, too. Too rich for my blood!

If you were so inclined...you could get one of the Duffy paper cutouts from the Kid-Cot stations...shrink the image down..stencil it onto the board, and voila!
    I want those cutouts!!!

After my time at DisneySEA yesterday, I completely understand why someone would feel this way. I know what Fukai meant about shop space now, too.

Duffy merchandise now takes up about 60% of Galleria Disney (the shop with no historical connection), 50% of McDuck's (maybe more - all of the Department Store and half of the back "pawn shop" area. Plus there's still Aunt Prg's, of course. Then also, inexplicably, The Sleepy Whale" or whatever, in Mermaid Lagoon. Not to mention that now it is literally 1 in 2 Guests carrying Duffy and Shellie items. It's like DUFFYland.

After seeing that banal new show, filled with women cooing, "Kawaii~!!" I just can't help wondering "Whyyy~?!?"

If I thought that's what Duffy was - a helpless, stupid toddler - I'd never have been interested. I HATE that this is how most people are seeing him, and that they seem to like it. I was talking with my Japanese friend about it, and she helped me understand how for most people, this is enough. But I really don't think I'm the only Duffy fan who feels like…

It's like when your favorite indie band with a really unique, original sound signs with a major label. You're excited to see what kind of new complexity they come up with - and about more people understanding their music... When the record comes out and it's pop crap by the numbers but it sells like hotcakes, you feel had. You feel betrayed. It stinks.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh I remember that tree. Thanks gurgi for posting it. I so wish I knew when I was at TDS, how great Duffy is. I didn't really fall for him till I got home. I bought one for a friend who collects Disney Plushes but didn't get mine till after I got home. Oh well.

Those trees would be pretty easy to make at home. Seems they go for the gold and red colors and then just add Duffy's. Not sure I will be hanging my big Duffy from the tree. lol I think he get mad. lol
    Yeah, I don't think my Duffy would really enjoy being stuck up on the tree for weeks. He likes to look at the tree, but becoming an ornament would be crossing the line with him!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    LOL, yeah mine just loves laying in bed and relaxing
    I've got some pretty lazy bears at my house, they don't even do any chores!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    Those are park decorations, for the SEVEN LIGHTS OF CHRISTMAS theme that will include ALL AREAS of the park for this holiday season!
    I liked the Mermaid Lagoon tree. I'm curious about the rest of the ports. Port Discovery and Mysterious Island should be...interesting!

I want those cutouts!!!
    You and me both! Along with those "I hugged Duffy" stickers...

After my time at DisneySEA yesterday, I completely understand why someone would feel this way. I know what Fukai meant about shop space now, too.

Duffy merchandise now takes up about 60% of Galleria Disney (the shop with no historical connection), 50% of McDuck's (maybe more - all of the Department Store and half of the back "pawn shop" area. Plus there's still Aunt Prg's, of course. Then also, inexplicably, The Sleepy Whale" or whatever, in Mermaid Lagoon. Not to mention that now it is literally 1 in 2 Guests carrying Duffy and Shellie items. It's like DUFFYland.

After seeing that banal new show, filled with women cooing, "Kawaii~!!" I just can't help wondering "Whyyy~?!?"

If I thought that's what Duffy was - a helpless, stupid toddler - I'd never have been interested. I HATE that this is how most people are seeing him, and that they seem to like it. I was talking with my Japanese friend about it, and she helped me understand how for most people, this is enough. But I really don't think I'm the only Duffy fan who feels like…

It's like when your favorite indie band with a really unique, original sound signs with a major label. You're excited to see what kind of new complexity they come up with - and about more people understanding their music... When the record comes out and it's pop crap by the numbers but it sells like hotcakes, you feel had. You feel betrayed. It stinks.
    That is kind of a bummer that so much store space is being taken over by Duffy. It tosses out the uniqueness of each location. Ok, I understand they don't want to repeat the Shellie May disaster, but it seems things have died down. On one hand, I wonder if that's because he's all over the park now? On the other hand, maybe the fans have calmed down a bit?

Your analogy of the indie band is a good one, and that is the way I feel about Duffy too. I got into him right after you did, and he was still "classic Duffy", so I'll always think of him that way. I don't like the toddler approach, but at least I can enjoy the quality of the costumes and keep my Duffy smart & classy...if a bit lazy...

Aw, I can't convince my guy to go to Tokyo next month. Finally, a Duffy and Shellie May outfit that I want and I can't buy it. And all the other Christmas merchandise, omg, I want so much stuff.

Thanks for the pictures, DuffyDad. I kinda wish I never opened this thread though. ^^;

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast