• knell of a requiem bell

TDS First Timer Recommendations?

Hello! Heading out to Disney Sea for the first time tomorrow (I know I missed the Halloween Celebration ) - and would welcome any tips on navigating the park or any must see attractions.

Thanks in advance!

GGG
    -GGG

Re: TDS First Timer Recommendations?

Ask for the front row for in Journey to the Center of the Earth. Each ride vehicle has three rows of two. Also, I like this ride at night so maybe you should go twice!

Have you bee on Pooh's Hunny Hunt in TDL? Aquatopia uses the same technology. I love it, but it does not have FP, so maybe you should hit it early. I *think* there are three different paths for the ride as not all vehicles take the same path.

There is a map in English for Forest Exploration. Ask for it, and try to hit all the exhibits in the Fortress. There is also a 'pre-show' in Japanese-only which explains the fortress and how to use your map - it's interactive. I do not know if this will help, but it can't hurt!

At the Magic Lamp Theatre, they do give out a handheld translation device. It helps a little, although the show is so simple it is not absolutely necessary. If it looks like a line is building, get a Fastpass for this. Queue is outdoors.

The Boat Builder's Show in Cap Cod is a good place to see a show while you eat and rest.

Take maximum advantage of FastPass.

Have a great time!

• Established 2005

Agree about front row for Journey for your first time. The other rows provide more confined, restricted views.

The Boat Builders Show is no more. It is now a Duffy show. Just a heads up.

Take time to explore the playground inside Mermaid Lagoon. Lots of fun hidden things to find. And make sure to catch the show.

Explore the SS Columbia. On the upper decks, there are fantastic views of the park, and some views of Tokyo Bay (and backstage, ugh).

Thanks shelemm, and ErikInTheCity for the tips! Hope the weather improves - thunder and lightining this morning in Tokyo.
    -GGG

• Resident of the Caldera

There are single rider lines at Indiana Jones and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on busy days, so don't blow your FastPasses on those attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    There are single rider lines at Indiana Jones and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on busy days, so don't blow your FastPasses on those attractions.
    your tips is great too
    I am traveling now.

• Minion FOREVER!

Don't miss out on going on Sinbad. Very cute ride with very nice AA, but it's almost always a walk-on so save it for the end of your day after all of your FP are gone or in the lull between them.

Have a great time!

Hi Everyone - well due to the weather yesterday I decided to hold off in hopes of it improving and as of 6:20 this morning not a cloud in the sky!

Thanks all for the tips - heading out there today!
    -GGG

Have to agree with what's been said before - Sinbad is a great ride don't miss it. In addition to the reccomendations above I also love the Venetian gondoler ride in Mediteranian Harbour, its very magical at night but queues tend to be longer.

As well as the Magic Lamp you can also get a translator for the Mermaid show - just ask a cast member at the entrance. Also you can get story papers for some of the attractions which give you an english summary and make a nice free souvineer (ask at attractions or guest relations).

Try to catch the lagoon shows Mithica and Braviseamo shows while you're there, although Braviseamo (the nightime one) is closing soon & don't miss Big band beat if you like shows or Jazz.

For food be sure to sure to check out the flavoured popcon (my fave is strawberry in port discovery) and the gyoza sausage buns in mysterious island.

Lastly just make sure you send a bit of time soaking in the atmosphere of teh park - it really is a special place.

Have lots of fun

Wow! What a great park! I was traveling with my boys who are older so we hit as many of the "E tickets" as we could.

I'm not sure what the normal wait times are but yesterday they were running 70-80 minutes. And as suggested Fast Pass was the way to go.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and tips - they were invaluable. I will have to go again since we felt like we missed a lot. The attention to detail at that park is off the charts and at night with the lighting it was magical.

Journey to the Center of the Earth was our favorite and we endured the 80 minute standby line twice. Raging Spirits was our second favorite, but we wished all of the rides had a little longer sequences since they seemed to go by so quickly.

Can't wait to return!
    -GGG