Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Disney Seas Ride recommendations?

Actually those who visit a dozen times of the year are the ones using the single rider lines (when available). I think it's a shame that if a true Disney fan goes to TDS for their first time and do not take the time to explore every inch of this magnificent park, they have wasted their time and money going all the way there to visit. So let's not be hasty americans and slow down please. Remember what Ferris Bueller said..."Life goes by very fast, if you don't slow down and look at it, you may just miss it!"

Thanks so much to everyone for the great advice! Hopefully my business meeting will end earlier then expected on Friday and I can get to the park fast! Worst case I should be at the park by 5pm giving me 5 hours.

One final question: I've been on ToT in Florida and Anaheim. If I'm really short on time would this be the one to skip out of the big ones?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by bready1 View Post
    Thanks so much to everyone for the great advice! Hopefully my business meeting will end earlier then expected on Friday and I can get to the park fast! Worst case I should be at the park by 5pm giving me 5 hours.

One final question: I've been on ToT in Florida and Anaheim. If I'm really short on time would this be the one to skip out of the big ones?
    The best thing about this tower is really the preshow. It´s not a big thing but it sets the mood really well and the inside of the tower looks great as well. I´d try to go for it if I could get a fastpass or if the wait is under 45 minutes.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 11-08-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Journey On!

Thumbs up Re: Disney Seas Ride recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    The best thing about this tower is really the preshow. It´s not a big thing but it sets the mood really well and the inside of the tower looks great as well. I´d try to go for it I could get a fastpass or if the wait is under 45 minutes.
    What he said.^^

• Banned User

Not only does the Tower preshow sets the mood, there is also a lot of backstory and references in the pictures that hang in the lobby... you can pretty much see how Mr. Hightower has been to other areas of the World (meaning other ports of TDS) collecting his loot. It's just a cool, well thought out story. Makes the other tower's Twilight Zone themes look uninspired and trite.

Ok.. just so that you know.. There is an "After 6pm Passport" option. It's cheaper than buying the regular day ticket. If you want to save a little money, then arrive there early enough (like 5:30pm), buy the after 6 passport, and wait patiently outside in line with several other hundred people who are doing the same, and wait for the clock to hit 6pm and you will be allowed to enter the park. Its not worth paying a full price ticket if you do not arrive there before.. 3pm or so.

DO NOT SKIP at all. This is the one Tower of Terror that is unique in storyline...and features the most lavish queue and boarding areas.. and the show in the elevator is somewhat unique, if in mechanics, similar to the Anaheim/Paris versions.
    But be advised.. if you arrive there after noon time.. chances are the Fastpasses will be gone gone gone for the day, and you will have no choice but to step in a standby line with most likely will be over an hour wait time. Same applies to all other E-ticket rides in the park.

The point is.. if you can not visit TDS for the whole day.. then do not bother. This is a park that is not best enjoyed if you are rushing through it. So if you really want to get the most of your visit to TDS.. plan to arrive there early and stay all day long. Otherwise, you will spend a lot of time in standby lines and not get a lot done.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-08-2010 at 08:45 PM.

If you are short on time, I give you permission to skip TofT.

I am not sure if I agree with the idea that you shouldn't go as a first-timer if you can't go for the whole day. The magnificence of the park is not in any one ride, it is in the attention to detail and grandeur of the whole place.

Of course, spending more time there is always better than spending less....

• Journey On!

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    I am not sure if I agree with the idea that you shouldn't go as a first-timer if you can't go for the whole day. The magnificence of the park is not in any one ride, it is in the attention to detail and grandeur of the whole place...
    I agree with this, and TDLFAN can be…enthusiastic with his presentation, but I really think Tower of Terror is one of the things that makes DisneySEA DisneySEA. It should only be missed if it's really impossible.

Hey Everyone! It’s 8am Friday in Tokyo. We did a marathon 9 hour meeting yesterday and we finished everything so it’s a full day at TDS! My co-workers want to go with me so I politely explained that the fine folks at Mice Chat have set me up with my ride list and my co-workers are welcome to join me but this will be a dictatorship! They probably won’t get there until noon so I’m going to go soon and meet them later. Thanks again for all the great advice!

• Journey On!

Talking Re: Disney Seas Ride recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by bready1 View Post
    Hey Everyone! It’s 8am Friday in Tokyo. We did a marathon 9 hour meeting yesterday and we finished everything so it’s a full day at TDS!…Thanks again for all the great advice!
    That is great news! TDLFAN will probably tell you (and he's not wrong) that "At 8:00 you should already have been in line with the 100 or so other people waiting for the park to open so you can get FastPasses for ToT and JttCotE." He might also say that it's better to go alone the first time because other people can just slow you down, but I think it's good your co-workers will join you. That said, now you have to decide whether to wait for them to arrive at noon before getting FPs (and risk getting none) or get yours now, which will probably be valid after they arrive, so you'll have to split up. It's a dilemma.

I'm glad you could finish all your work, though, and can do a full day. Given that you have all day, do not miss Mythica! Please give us a trip report when you're done! Have a great time!

PS - it's probably too late, but if there is any kind of line, the show in Cape Cod Cook-off is completely skippable.

What a magnificent park! Best themed by far. I didn’t get to the park until noon. (Long story short, my wife & I are doing the 3 Day 60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk in San Diego next weekend. Been training for a few months so I had to get in 10 miles yesterday and walked from my hotel to a train station that was way out of the way so it took some time to get there.) My co-workers actually beat me by about 20 minutes. They only stayed in the park about 4 hours so I was on my own the second half.

Despite the late start was able to Fast Pass most rides. Most stand-by lines for 15-25 minutes with the exception of ToT which I did in the evening and waited 60 minutes. A little brutal but gave me the chance to really enjoy the lobby and the paintings. If I had to do it over, I think I would FP ToT and do the stand-by line for Indy. It’s always fun to see the different interpretations of the same ride.

20K Leagues was by far my favorite. Went on twice. What a clever under-water effect. Also like control of the spotlight because it provides great re-ride opportunity to see new stuff. Not sure about that ending though!

Journey was a bit of a disappointment only because I had different expectations. I hate spoilers so I didn’t read anything about it. From the outside, I thought the whole ride would be more of a well themed roller coaster sort of like Big Thunder. I did go on it again and liked it better the second time. But by far, the best themed line.

Sinbad was cute. Raging Spirits or whatever it was called was lame. Waited about a half hour but only worth 15 minutes in my opinion.

Saw my first Hidden Mickey ever that I discovered on my own in the Indy line. Kind of surprised because I was in the FP line so just happened to see it. Saw a second one later but that was kind of cheating because I saw people taking pictures of it.

All in all a great day and great park. Can’t thank all of you enough for all the advice. And my own two cents in case someone else reads this…have yen with you to ride the monorail and don’t count on using the ATM at the park. It wouldn’t accept my card. It would only accept foreign cards from Union Bank of China.

TDLFAN – Thanks for the advice of just walking through the park and checking out all the nooks and crannies…saw quite a few things that I would have just passed by.

I suppose I need to get to Hong Kong Disneyland next to complete all the parks.

Thanks again!

• Journey On!

What a great, quick report! Awesome that you got to ride Journey twice, and only 60 minutes for ToT! Maybe it wasn't crowded yesterday?

Congrats on the hidden Mickey, too! It sure sounds like you got your money's worth and had a great time without stress!

• Banned User

content writing jobs rest! I really want to go there! How many colors, scales, probably, great attractions!

• Resident of the Caldera

No, do NOT go to Hong Kong until 2014 after all three new lands are open. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12