Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Seas Ride recommendations?

Hi - I'll be in Tokyo on buinsess next week and I have about 7 hours to kill next Friday afternoon/evening. Going to Disney Seas and never been before. Been to all the other parks (excpet HK DL). With that somewhat limited amount of time can anyone tell me which rides I should not miss?

Thanks!

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Disney Seas Ride recommendations?

Just got done giving very similar advice to GrimGrinningGhosts

To summarize everyone's responses there.
    * Journey to the Center of the Earth (JTTCOTE)
    * Unique (read "best") Indy & ToT
    * Awesome shows
    * Jaw dropping theming
    * Don't miss Sinbad although its a walk-on

• Not here to help

The best things in DisneySEA:
    Journey To The Center Of The Earth
    Legend Of Mythica
    Sinbad
    Indy

and the rest of the best themepark in the world.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Awesome! Thanks!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Disney Seas Ride recommendations?

I agree with Nish and Timmy. If you can plan your time to be there for Mythica, absolutely do that. But it's a rather long show, so if you literally mean you only have 2 hours, I might suggest watching from the perimeter while you walk around the lagoon, soaking up the atmosphere and getting in line for JttCotE. Lots of folks will be watching the show, so it's a good chance to get ahead. If you're not going until the afternoon, FastPasses for JttCotE and ToT are likely to be gone.

I'd also add STORM RIDER to the list of must-see attractions. And, as they both said, do not miss SINDBAD'S STORYBOOK VOYAGE. It's always a walk-on, so there really is no excuse. Directly across from SINDBAD, there's an eatery. I forget what it's called… It has soft-serve coconut ice cream. Unless you really hate coconut, try this! They don't have it all the time and it's amazing!

Also take a moment to check out the merchandise in Emporio on your way out. You won't see Disney goods designed or made with this much charm, creativity, detail or quality anywhere else.

Also, of course, notice how everyone carries teddy bears around and how Christmas is the season of super-cute "fan caps," the soft and fuzzy Japanese version of "Mickey Mouse ears" that is so much fun they stopped selling the classic ears two years ago because no one bought them. Do some Christmas shopping here. Impress someone with a genuine original Tokyo DisneySEA Duffy bear, or at least the Christmas knit outfit.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-05-2010 at 04:43 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

I too would recommend Storm Rider. I only got to go on it once but it was cool.

Would using FP help to get more done in the 7 hours? Any tips on which ones to get first?

I know sometimes FP can really help, but then again time to go get them can take up valuable time. And I don't know TDS all that well to know which to do.

Hit Journey to the Center, 20,000 Leagues, Sinbad, Indy, & Tower. Spend the rest of the time just exploring Mediterranean Harbor and Mysterious Island (and whatever else you have time for).

At TDS, just walking around is kind of like being on a ride.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    …Would using FP help to get more done in the 7 hours? Any tips on which ones to get first?

I know sometimes FP can really help, but then again time to go get them can take up valuable time. And I don't know TDS all that well to know which to do.
    Thanks for reposting and correcting me about the time, Janell. On my tiny phone screen, I saw the original poster's "7" as a "2." That sure makes a difference!

So, Bready1, make sure you do ALL of these things, and try to see BIG BAND BEAT, too, if you're lucky that crowds and time permit.

As for FP, when I went last month, they were gone for JttCotE and ToT by 1:00. We got one for Indy in the morning, but that was it. I'd say generally that ToT is the longest (but also beautiful) queues without FP. Indy's queue is for me the least interesting of the "big three," so I'd try for that FP. But with a time limit, having a FP for ToT, if you can get it, is wise. That line can take over 120 minutes easily on a busy day.

20KL is usually a virtual walk-on at the end of the night, so check it out FOR SURE, but don't worry about FP or wait longer than 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    At TDS, just walking around is kind of like being on a ride.
    I completely agree! Do not miss the simple, incredible sense of place and immersion.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-06-2010 at 01:25 AM.

i recommend Storm Rider too
    I am traveling now.

• Banned User

I recommend to DO IT ALL. Rides, shows and slow down and enjoy the themed enviroments.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I recommend to DO IT ALL. Rides, shows and slow down and enjoy the themed enviroments.
    The best and only honest advice there ever could be when it comes to what to do in DisneySEA.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Resident of the Caldera

If the Single Rider lines at Indy and 20,000 Leauges are operating on the day you're there, make sure to use them. That leaves you free to hold a FastPass for Tower of Terror or Journey to the Center of the Earth (while riding the one you don't hold a FastPass for).

• Banned User

I would not recommend single rider lines. The theming, sounds of the queues at this park are so superbly exquisite, it would be a shame NOT to take it all in.

My first thought is that TDS is not really about the rides, so make sure you don't miss the forest for the trees. Or should I say Fortress?

Ask for front row in Journey. Each vehicle has three rows for two people. Front row is best.

If you've never been to Pooh's Hunny Hunt in TDL, then do not miss going on Aquatopia. A new kind of Disney magic, and unlike any Disney US ride. Although you can see the entire ride by just watching, being on it is different. No FP for this, so I suggest going early.

Fortress Exploration is also unique. Not a ride. There is a presentation (in Japanese only) and there are interactive maps. Maps available in English, but you have to ask, and the first person you ask may not know, but they will be helpful. Try to visit all the areas in the fortress. Theme is excellent (especially the planetarium) and the fortress contains the best views.

Same thing for Triton's Kingdom. It's worth exploring even if you don't care for 'kiddie rides.' Ariel's Playground is fun to snoop around even for an adult.

If you need to stop and eat, then you can eat and see a show at the same time at the Cape Cod Cookoff. Definitely worthwhile.

If you are short on time, then you can do without Raging Spirits, which is surprisingly slow. Looks great from the outside but is disappointing. Probably the only real disappointment in TDS.

Have a great time!

• Resident of the Caldera

You've got a limited amount of time: use the Single Rider lines! Leave waiting in the queue for those who visit a dozen times a year!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast