Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Why no 'Copies' of Pooh's Hunny Hunt?

Oh, I thought it was just going to be another Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor. I knew it was getting the trackless vehicle technology but I never read anywhere where it said they were going to do it differently than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well.. let's be fair here.. The only reason why PHH's wait times exceed over 2 hours at times is because of Fastpass. If FP was not available, the wait times would be on average 45 mins to one hour max.
    Not quite. Mystic Manor is said to be a different take on the old Haunted mansion.. and the ride system is supposed to be the same as Hunny Hunt... so saying "it's pretty much the same FL and CA have" is not accurate.
    I heard they were not going to use that ride system anymore due to cost and I thought it was confirmed by one of the imagineers

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Oh, I thought it was just going to be another Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor. I knew it was getting the trackless vehicle technology but I never read anywhere where it said they were going to do it differently than the others.
    Oh, no. In fact, I am disappointed that it won't be. It appears it will be far closer to TDS's Tower of Terror.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

The other parks definetly need it, but they already have the Winnie the Pooh rides, and plus the MK version just got a major queue makeover, but I do think they should be using the technology more. And yes I know they are using it in Mystic Manor.......

• Resident of the Caldera

I can't believe all the money the Walt Disney Company spent on the new queue for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in Orlando, considering the ride inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I can't believe all the money the Walt Disney Company spent on the new queue for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in Orlando, considering the ride inside!
    How much money was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Super Dry, nice to see you in this neck of the woods. My information about the line-wire system comes directly from an imagineer I spoke with at length while at the D23 Expo. He was working on Mystic Manor at the time, so I figured he knew what he was talking about. But your description sounds far more technically detailed, so I'm going to assume you're right.
    Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. I certainly wouldn't want to put myself against someone from WDI with direct knowledge of the situation. But one thing I've learned over time is that TWDC (and even just WDI) is quite a large company, and there are people from the inside that say certain things with certainly that simply aren't true. It's not that they're deliberately saying incorrect things, but not every company employee can be an expert on all things. Also, every organization has its own set of "false canon" that seemingly sprouts out of nowhere and then gets spread with authority. Even the tiniest of organizations have this problem, so I can hardly imagine how it must be with very large institutions like WDI and TWDC. So be sure to take anything I say with a grain of salt - after all, it's just one man's opinion.

Having said all of that, the ride system for HH is breathtaking as to what it does to the ability to tell the story. I know that it's been said that the attraction should not focus on the ride system, but I don't think that's really the case with HH. I don't think most guests think about HH's ride system in nearly the depth that we've covered it in this thread, but simply come away from it with a big smile on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Was that the bid deal Pooh-related story we were supposed to get from Superfry? Big yawn.
    The one involving Tony Baxter's comparison of Pooh between Tokyo and Anaheim. Sorry if it got lost in the technical discussion

I thought it would be a tale bordering on comical and along the lines of the utterly ridiculous.. like.. taking a taxi from Maihama to the Ambassador hotel or so. Boring!
    Ah, that's a story for a different day!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I think Toy Story Mania was a good investment. I think the Tower of Terror's in both DCA and WDS were good investments. I feel the upcoming expansion for Hong Kong is a good investment. Yeah I agree non of this would be needed if the parks were not built on the cheap in the first place. And these parks have seriously taken away money that should of been spent on the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland parks. But that all goes back to my argument on why Disney never got round to building Pooh else where. All the money on expansion has gone into the newer parks and left the older parks with nothing. But still despite the lack of investment some of the parks have had over the last 10-20 years. I look at whats happening now and see Disney spending millions on new attractions in California, Orlando and Hong Kong. And I see no sign of a Disney company not being interested in spending money on its parks. A few years a go I would have agreed. But now after viewing over a lot of concept art and models for upcoming attractions at all its parks. I just can't see your point that the Disney company is currently not interested in spending money on its parks. Especially since I know each park has several current and rumoured projects coming up.
    Any expansion to HKDL is a good investment but it's going about all wrong. Investing in TSPL and two new unoriginal lands with a new attraction each makes no sense to me. With that same amount of money, they couldve put in a Frontierland and a handful of classic Magic Kingdom attractions that are popular enough to be a good investment. Clone rides arent as financially risky as MM and GG.

As for the Pooh rides...why doesnt the US parks ever update their animatronics in all their darkrides to be more advance? Seeing static animatronics in a Disney park in the 21st century in just about every ride feels very outdated.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Mystic Manor is perfect for TDS. If it doesn't go there, it won't go anywhere else. I would love to have it at DCA though.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    As for the Pooh rides...why doesnt the US parks ever update their animatronics in all their darkrides to be more advance? Seeing static animatronics in a Disney park in the 21st century in just about every ride feels very outdated.
    I doubt Disney is going to take your advice, thankfully. There are some things progress is not good for. DL in California is a gem. No need to 'improve' older rides. Though it's not a bad idea to add on.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Mystic Manor is perfect for TDS. If it doesn't go there, it won't go anywhere else. I would love to have it at DCA though.
    A lot of people would like to see it at TDS. But I'm not convinced its that unique to existing attractions already inside the park. WDI have compared Mystic Manor to a combination of TDS Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones. The story is too similar to my liking to Tower of Terror's.

The story of this Tower is much more complex than the others. The story follows the adventures of the hotel's famous builder, Harrison Hightower. Having completed many expeditions around the world and collecting thousands of countless artifacts (most of which were stolen for personal gain), all of which he stored in his hotel. After one such expedition to Africa, he brings home an idol by the name of Shiriki Utundu.
    eccentric world traveler and adventurer and his collection of exotic international artifacts, strange things are afoot as an enchanted music box releases its magical powers, thanks to a mischievous monkey.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Any expansion to HKDL is a good investment but it's going about all wrong. Investing in TSPL and two new unoriginal lands with a new attraction each makes no sense to me. With that same amount of money, they couldve put in a Frontierland and a handful of classic Magic Kingdom attractions that are popular enough to be a good investment. Clone rides arent as financially risky as MM and GG.
    Grizzly Trail will be the park's Frontierland. Its just going with a Grizzly Bear theme. The town Grizzly Gulch will be founded because of the near by mining company. In a way I'm kind of happy to see HKDL take the western theme in a new direction. The biggest problem with Hong Kong is that its the clone park. Everything is a borrowed concept from another Magic Kingdom park and nothing inside the park is really that unique. I would in this case prefer to see something unique offered instead of the usual assortment of clone rides. The only thing that I don't agree with is Toy Story Land. Its really going to lower the standard that the other two attractions will have on the park.

• Resident of the Caldera

There would be no problem with Mystic Manor going into DisneySea. I saw a talk given by an Imagineer at the D23 Expo in which he went room by room, effect by effect, through everything that would be seen and experienced. It doesn't conflict with the Tower of Terror--in fact, it compliments it. While watching the presenation, I thought that with merely a name change for the central character, Mystic Manor could easily have been Harrison Hightower's home. Having Mystic Manor in DisneySea would make perfect sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123