Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• We Go On.

Thorough Tower of Terror Coverage?

Hi, everyone. Tower of Terror at TDS looks absolutely stunning from what I've seen. Still, I've yet to come across a thorough photo/video tour of it. Anyone know where I can see full coverage of this seemingly amazing ride?

Re: Thorough Tower of Terror Coverage?

Oh, Trent... What you really want to see is the old website. It used to be at TOT1899.COM, but now it's gone. Hopefully it will be back someday. I just called Guest Relations to beg them!

Ride Tour (old, low quality, but complete)

A hint of the glory of TOT1899.COM

Great ad
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-08-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Attempt to answer original poster's question, rather than just missing what's gone.^^

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I saw a video of most of the ride on Youtube. I'll edit this post when I find it.

EDIT: Found it. YouTube - ?TOWER of TERROR? ???????????????????????
    The story is more complicated then the ones in the US/Paris.

US/Paris: 5 people board an elavator at a Halloween party at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The tower gets struck by lightning and the 5 people get zapped to the Twilight Zone while a section of the building disappears.

Tokyo: Hotel Hightower is owned by the infamous Harrison Hightower. A man you goes around the world, steals sacred items, and displays them at his hotel. He recently stole an idol from an African tribe, even though they told him he would be cursed. After he puts out his cigarette with the idol, he boards an elavator. Shiriki Utundi (the idol) comes to life and zaps him and the elavator. It crashes and when the elavator is opened they find Shiriki Utundi, but Hightower has disappeared. Years later, the city starts giving tours to the abandoned hotel. It is on this tour you board the elavator and join Hightower.
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 11-08-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• We Go On.

Thanks, both of you.

I recently found this nice video:
    YouTube - ?????????? ????

Well one reason it's so hard to find pix is that you're not allowed to take them once you leave the lobby. My husband got some shots on the sly, which are posted in my trip report, here: Day 8: First Day at Tokyo DisneySea

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Thanks, both of you.

I recently found this nice video:
    YouTube - ?????????? ????

thanks for your tips
    I am traveling now.

• Resident of the Caldera

The drop itself is extremely smooth, like being dunked in a milk shake. It's much smoother than its counterpart at California Adventure. The overall experience is much more impressive because of the backstory with Harrison Hightower and Shiriki Utundu.

the seatbelt is over the shoulder and around your waist at TDS

at the US parks it's just around your waist which allows you to raise up off the seat slightly during the drops

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thanks for all the great videos! I have actually never been on any Tower of Terror, I am not a fan of dropping. Though I would really like to push myself to ride this one next fall!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Resident of the Caldera

DD--I definitely get a little airtime at the Tokyo attraction even with the shoulder strap. You do know to take a deep breath and sit up very straight after you buckle? That gives you a little strap. An old magician's trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    DD--I definitely get a little airtime at the Tokyo attraction even with the shoulder strap. You do know to take a deep breath and sit up very straight after you buckle? That gives you a little strap. An old magician's trick.
    Ahhh I'll have to remember that - I am usually holding the "oh s**t" handles for dear life

• Make it Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    Well one reason it's so hard to find pix is that you're not allowed to take them once you leave the lobby. My husband got some shots on the sly, which are posted in my trip report, here: Day 8: First Day at Tokyo DisneySea
    I just spent two hours looking at your pictures! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Thanks for all the great videos! I have actually never been on any Tower of Terror, I am not a fan of dropping. Though I would really like to push myself to ride this one next fall!
    The anticipation is much more terrifying than the drops themselves. It is all in the buildup. The elevator shaft is dark, so you don't really see yourself dropping..... I am a ride wimp, but this is incredible stuff. You need to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    The anticipation is much more terrifying than the drops themselves. It is all in the buildup. The elevator shaft is dark, so you don't really see yourself dropping..... I am a ride wimp, but this is incredible stuff. You need to try it.
    I agree. Tokyo's Tower of Terror is not to be missed. And it is not at all scary because you can't really see the height. I'd love if they had some way to convert that, though. I want to really experience how far I'm falling. As it is, there really is no fear factor; it's just a great show!

• You have much to learn...

The drop at the Tower in TDS is basically the tamest of all the parks. I see no need for the over the shoulder strap- but I guess they have their safety restrictions. Drops don't bother me- but compared to DLP, WDW and DL the drop at TDS isn't as drastic as any of the others.

It may just be my opinion, but I don't see any real thrill to the drop- but love the themeing and attention to detail throughout the attraction itself and really should not be missed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast