• Mark

trip to Tokyo coming up

Hey guys, ill be heading to Tokyo disney this december, i was hoping you could tell me which shows are not completely in japanese, like i remember "one mans dream" show songs were still in english which i was able to bear through but i dont want to go to a show in full japanese, so could you please tell me what shows are in semi english japanese (at least the songs are in english) and is there vinylmation in tokyo ! ?

thanks

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: trip to Tokyo coming up

Big Band Beat is the only show presented in full English. Some of Minnie Oh Minnie is in parts bilingual. Most of the shows at the Resort keep to English song lyrics however, but you may pick up on a few songs that have been dubbed into Japanese.

For show attractions like the Little Mermaid or Magic Lamp Theatre you may request a translation device.

and is there vinylmation in tokyo ! ?
    Yes the product is for sale. Up to now I have only seen it available inside Tokyo Disneyland. In one of the Store's around New Orleans and at the Bon Voyage Store just outside the Tokyo Disneyland Park. Hopely someone can chime in with a full list of Stores selling vinylmation but those are the two that I can remember seeing the product available. Hope this helps?

• Just another Disney fan..

Vinylmation is not sold in the parks but are available at Disney Store Japan, including the Disney Store in Ikspiari. As of Thursday, only Urban 5 is on sale.

Only certain "global" series are being released in Japan. Previously released were Toy Story 1 and Have a Laugh 1. Don't recall any others. I'm sure this will change as Disney decides to flood the market a'la Duffy in the US parks.

Regarding Vinlys being sold in TDR, that was not the case fot the past three weeks and is contradictory to the Vinylmation distribution plan I have heard from Disney. Maybe it was a temporary test sale? The person who reported sales in TDR is the best person to provide details.

• Mark

alrite, thanks for the news guys, been wanting to pick up a tray of urban 5 so it would be the perfect time to do so in december. DO you think they will still have them in stock or is vinylmation in Tokyo like a craze now ?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TSMfreak View Post
    Hey guys, ill be heading to Tokyo disney this december, i was hoping you could tell me which shows are not completely in japanese, like i remember "one mans dream" show songs were still in english which i was able to bear through but i dont want to go to a show in full japanese, so could you please tell me what shows are in semi english japanese (at least the songs are in english) and is there vinylmation in tokyo ! ?

thanks
    Honestly.. the quality of the shows at TDR are of such high level that you do not have to be japanese to fully enjoy a show at either park. You would do a disservice to yourself if you skipped a show just because it was not offered in english.
    As for Vinylmation.. THANK GOD that is not available at the TDR parks. The Tokyo parks offer much higher quality merchandise over that silly stuff they sell in the US parks.

• Mark

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Honestly.. the quality of the shows at TDR are of such high level that you do not have to be japanese to fully enjoy a show at either park. You would do a disservice to yourself if you skipped a show just because it was not offered in english.
    As for Vinylmation.. THANK GOD that is not available at the TDR parks. The Tokyo parks offer much higher quality merchandise over that silly stuff they sell in the US parks.
    haha, well you do have a point, but i guess im a suck for mickey shaped things. Im from singapore and noticed your photos of USS in the weekend update. How did you find it ? im pretty disappointed with the state of it at the moment, hopefully you'll make it out here next year for the madagascar ride, transformers and Battlestar galactica and have a micechat meet-up haha

• Banned User

Off topic. I loved the theming and compacted size of Universal Singapore, just like I love Singapore as a whole, thank you. But yes, it was disappointing the park has some rides closed or unopened. I do plan to go back sometime next year if possible and catch up.

As for Vinylmation.. it's garbage. I don't know of anyone (besides you) buying that stuff.. and IMHO.. it's not even pretty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    As for Vinylmation.. it's garbage. I don't know of anyone (besides you) buying that stuff.. and IMHO.. it's not even pretty stuff.
    Is that really necessary? Just because one person happens to collect something that you don't like doesn't make it "garbage" as you so eloquently put it. I believe the poster was simply asking whether they sell Vinylmation in TDLR or not. A simple answer of yes or no would have suffice without your rather judgmental opinion...IMHO.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

hulkbox, you don't know TDLFAN very well, do you?

That's just how he is and I, for one, appreciate his blunt honesty. I agree Vinylmation is crap. A few are neat to look at, but there's no way I'd buy any of them. And I agree TDR has some of the best and most unique theme park merchandise out there. I highly covet the handful of items I've managed to get my grubby paws on over the last 20 years.