Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: TDS: Christmas Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I d the finale costumes, too.!
    Me too!!!

I also love at the end all the "boys" give the "girls" gifts at the end, very kawaii!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

I don't see why everyone raves so much about Mysterious Masquerade. No one liked the show last year and people complained about it just ike you all are in regards to the new xmas show. Personally, I don't care much for Mysterious and I am sure I will enjoy the Xmas version more when I see it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I think it has to do with the over the top costumes, and I did enjoy some of the music, of MM. But I am more of a Christmas person in general.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Re: TDS: Christmas Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ...No one liked the show last year and people complained about it just ike you all are in regards to the new xmas show...
    Sorry, but I don't remember that at all. Everyone I know who has seen Mysterious Masquerade has been very impressed and thought it was a top-notch production. It has been an extraordinarily popular show with Guests.

• You have much to learn...

I did really enjoy Christmas Wishes. I saw it 3 times in my last 2 days. The only thing that was disappointing to me was that since I saw it on the first day- I was there with what seemed like all of Japan, who were there to see it as well.

The show itself wasn't as grand as shows of the past, but I loved the music & simple elegance of the show. The only bit part I wasn't too crazy was the sort of hip-hop section of the show with Chip & Dale- but I thought the rest of the show was very graceful and beautiful. Even if there were a smaller cast- you really don't need a big cast to put on a great show.

I started out the day trying for the lottery, which I had to keep hurrying to try to get to the end of the line, which- by the time we entered the park- started roughly 1/2 way between the Aquasphere and the the underpass leading into the park. The line snaked around the front area of the park, past all the shops, over the bridge towards McDucks, down towards the Broadway theater, looped back again, ove the bridge and into the small que area in front of the lottery area. By the time we were there- the end of the line was up towards the Ponte Vecchio area of the park.

We did actually win tickets to the 6:30 show- but were bummed out when we left and discovered that they were standing room tickets in the back. I don't recall if they have done this before, but the back area is now standing room with numbers on the floor- I think it was like 8 or 10 rows. It would have been fine to be in row 1 or 2, but we had row 5 & it seemed like all of the tallest people in Japan had scored front row tickets with really large cameras- So, all in all- it was a little better than watching the show from outside, but I was still dodging heads trying to see it.

We didn't win tickets at all on my next and last day, but just watched from the back in front of the restaurant. They must have been filming & professsionally photographing that day since they had the really big guns cameras set up along the back- with the ultra zoom lenses.

I really wish I could have gotten seats to the show- it would have been nice to see it at least once without having to dodge heads and large cameras- but I loved it.

• Banned User

Sorry, but I don't remember that at all. Everyone I know who has seen Mysterious Masquerade has been very impressed and thought it was a top-notch production. It has been an extraordinarily popular show with Guests.
    Many of my friends thought the show was odd, and that includes one of my firends who performed at TDS this past year.. Just saying what others told me and my opinion is.. I think Masquerade is just OK. I much prefer the Masquerade dance show to be honest.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Many of my friends thought the show was odd...
    Oh, okay. When you said nobody liked it, I thought you meant here at MiceChat and I just remembered that very differently. I getcha now.^^

Jedimaster, I'm bummed you couldn't get a seat, especially after that LINE!!! WOW. How long did that take? Two or three hours? Do people wait like that for shows in the US? I just can't imagine it. My only theme park experience in the States was Six Flags, but people just would never have waited so long for a show there.

I do wanna see it, but I don't ever wanna spend all day in line again… I'm looking at you, Shellie May!

• Banned User

Oh, okay. When you said nobody liked it, I thought you meant here at MiceChat and I just remembered that very differently. I getcha now.
    Well.. really, how many micechatters actually saw the show at the park last year? Besides those of us regulars (who attend the park often).. just saying.

I don't know if you consider me a regular yet since I only get there once a year for the Christmas programs, but I did make it there twice last year for Halloween and Christmas.

I saw Mysterious Masquerade twice last year- for few performances that weren't cancelled due to a very rainy week. I thought some of the show scenes were a bit odd, but did enjoy the show overall.

I love the music, but the raise the roof at the end just really didn't seem to fit in too well & if I really think about it, it was a sort of strange show- but was still enjoyable.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I don't know if you consider me a regular yet since I only get there once a year for the Christmas programs, but I did make it there twice last year for Halloween and Christmas.
    I think the investment in money, time and effort involved in making the trek all the way to the other side of the earth once every year when your job doesn't do it for you and you actually have to pay to fly (plus keeping up with events online throughout the rest of the year) definitely qualifies you as a regular, if my tiny two yen are worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    ...I love the music, but the raise the roof at the end just really didn't seem to fit in too well & if I really think about it, it was a sort of strange show- but was still enjoyable.
    I respect your opinion, but I'll just add that that particular "raise the roof" is one of the only times that Disney's attempt at "rockin' out" really worked for me. I saw the show not so much "strange," rather unique. A level of artistry and commitment to itself as a concept rather than in service to selling the Disney brand that I think is rare in the parks, even in Tokyo. But I think it's true that Christmas Wishes is definitely a more typical Disney show, more like what I expected before I ever even visited the parks. For me, it is precisely this difference that made the Masquerade so mindblowingly fantastic - it was a completely unexpected surprise for me from beginning to end, concept to execution. But, of course, to each his own.^^

• i heart plunging v-necks

Recently returned from a trip and missed out on seeing the show completely. I even scored lotto tickets for prime front mid-center "C" seats but the shows were canceled due to inclement weather. I was disappointed but the excellent Big Band Beat Xmas Special more than made up for it.

Jedimaster, on which days did you see the show? Did they begin previews the day prior? I was at TDS for Braviseamo's Finale but don't recall the Christmas Wishes performing on that day.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Oh, okay. When you said nobody liked it, I thought you meant here at MiceChat and I just remembered that very differently. I getcha now.^^

Jedimaster, I'm bummed you couldn't get a seat, especially after that LINE!!! WOW. How long did that take? Two or three hours? Do people wait like that for shows in the US? I just can't imagine it. My only theme park experience in the States was Six Flags, but people just would never have waited so long for a show there.

I do wanna see it, but I don't ever wanna spend all day in line again… I'm looking at you, Shellie May!
    You know what? They actually do wait that long, or longer for shows in the US. Especially if it's new. Fantasmic is a good example of this. When it was brand new in 1992, people camped out for 5 or 6 hours, sitting on the ground waiting for the show. It was nuts! Still, in 2010, people camp out 3 hours or so before the show to get a good spot. I think maybe it has to do with that show's particular location in the middle of a walkway, but still, the US fans can and do wait in long lines for things, including merchandise. A teddy bear might be pushing it, LOL, but I can tell you some people will wait in line for pins or things we might not have the patience for.

DuffyD- Even though the line snaked around from Mediterranean Harbor to the Aquasphere, back to the Broadway theater and back to the Venetian area for the lottery- it somehow took roughly an hour.

This was mainly due to the fact that it was the first day they were showing the show-even the lines entering the park stretched back to basically the bus drop off area on the right side- the left side entrance was just as bad since I saw the lines going as far as they could go from the resort liner.

Even though I'm not particularly crazy about the lottery system- I did win tickets, but was bummed out when I discovered they were 5th row standing in the back. Like I mentioned earlier, somhow all the tall people of Japan were in the front row & all had large cameras. The plus side was at least we could walk up a few minutes beforehand, rather than wait hours for a decent spot.

I just feel sorry for anyone waiting that long or longer & losing- you really can't get the time back to other stuff & the park is crazy to begin with on busy days.

malice- They started the show the day after Braviseamo 11/14- there weren't any previews that I know of- but we were there a few days during the week & I believe on 11/9 we saw them setting up the benches, so we were sort of wondering if there would be previews and were there on 11/12 and 11/13 and it didn't look like they were doing them either. So we caught 2 shows on 11/14 and saw it again 11/15 before we left for the airport. When did you go & found out it was cancelled?

I've seen BBB Christmas show a few times in past trips, but didn't bother fighting the crowds to get in this time around-I'm not overly crazy about BBB to begin with- but I don't think that it could make up for Christmas Wishes- but at least you got to see it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12