Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Surfin the net with Duffy

TDS: Christmas Wishes

Pictures up on Deep Disney....also a video that has a bad angle :=/

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Loves Mickey!

Re: TDS: Christmas Wishes

Here is a video of the ending of Christmas Wishes. It is a very good show!! I will upload video of the rest of the show tomorrow.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

I am going to hold off watching the show until other videos come along But in the mean time I have to ask... Is the show mostly in English? At least music wise? I know Mysterious Masquerade was all in English except for the character voices...

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    I am going to hold off watching the show until other videos come along But in the mean time I have to ask... Is the show mostly in English? At least music wise? I know Mysterious Masquerade was all in English except for the character voices...
    The characters talk in Japanese and the music is in English just like Mysterious Masquerade. It's a beautiful show with lot's of dancers, gorgeous costumes and has the feeling of the castle shows they used to do at TDL. The Christmas entertainment line up at TDS this year is really fantastic!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Talking Re: TDS: Christmas Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    …It's a beautiful show with lot's of dancers, gorgeous costumes and has the feeling of the castle shows they used to do at TDL. The Christmas entertainment line up at TDS this year is really fantastic!
    We've been so negative about Christmas this year; your post is like someone opened a window to let in some fresh air and sunshine to brighten the "Bah, humbug!" Scrooginess of late. THANK YOU!!!

• Banned User

Thank you DuffyDad. Again, I am stuck with a very repetitive and old minimal Xmas event at WDW.. so even when TDR lacks, it is still much better than what the tourists get in FL. Even with 4 parks, WDW still offer less than what we get in the 2 TDR parks.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDad View Post
    We've been so negative about Christmas this year; your post is like someone opened a window to let in some fresh air and sunshine to brighten the "Bah, humbug!" Scrooginess of late. THANK YOU!!!
    Amen, this show is so refreshing!!! Someone fan me!!!

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Banned User

Can someone please post a video of the $60 per person MK party castle show side by side with TDS' Xmas Wishes show, which guests can enjoy during regular park hours and at regular admission price?
    Someone, please, amuse me.

Oh honey, I will say this! I do enjoy Celebrate the Season stage show. It actually has more than 8 dancers. It is probably the best stage show they put on the whole since they took away "Mickey's Twas a Night before a Christmas". It is the closest to thing to TDR we will ever get since Miss Julie Andrews strutted herself down Main Street in 1971!!! :P

• Banned User

I definitely wasn't so harsh of TDL this year with their event. I found the changes to White Holiday Parade to be tasteful and the decorations to be well done.

Saying that, Christmas Wish is a bit of a disappointment. The music really didn't fill up my TDR music thirst, I think the tune is great but there seems to be too many lyrics per a beat. The Christmas sprites didn't do anything for me. Where the show suffered the most was the stage seemed quite empty at times. The show didn't build on itself like Masquerade where each scene kept the performers on stage so there were several performers on stage. Christmas Wishes just had about 10 perfomers per a section that would rotate out each time plus the sprites. Even the finale consisted of just 12 unique performers all wearing the same outfits, the dozen or so sprites, and then the characters. The music is also a bit of a dud, but I'm sure it will grow on me. This is just....okay. I am certainly appreciative of TDS producing this new show, but it wasn't quite what I expected.

On some good notes, I really like the finale costumes, a lot. I also thought that the finale music and show itself was well done.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Oh honey, I will say this! I do enjoy Celebrate the Season stage show. It actually has more than 8 dancers. It is probably the best stage show they put on the whole since they took away "Mickey's Twas a Night before a Christmas". It is the closest to thing to TDR we will ever get since Miss Julie Andrews strutted herself down Main Street in 1971!!! :P
    You obviously never saw the MK's "Sparkling Christmas Spectacular" or the "4th of July Spectacular" castle stage shows of the late 80s... did you?
    Sad part is there is no video anywhere of these shows.. but you can dig. I am here to tell you that these were the old grand MK shows that OLC emulated at TDL in the early days of the park and through mosf of TDL's history, until WDC started meddling in their affairs.
    Read this old articles.. even mentions Twas the Night as well... and we are talking circa 1984.. I think you were like 3 yrs old?

Palm Beach Daily News - Google News Archive Search

EDIT!!! I have some some old video of the 4th of july spectacular show that ran for a few years during early july at the MK castle stage.. and keep in mind, the number here is NOT the ending of the show. It used to feature a tall Statue of Liberty rising from the back of the stage with flags and all.. but this is a small sample of the type of shows the MK used to do... where there were more than just 8 dancers...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SySc...eature=related

And here is one for you Travis...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAk82...eature=related
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-14-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Watched the video and I really enjoyed the show! Love the music as well! Maaybe not as good as Mysterious Masquerade but still a great show!

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    ...The music really didn't fill up my TDR music thirst, I think the tune is great but there seems to be too many lyrics per a beat. The Christmas sprites didn't do anything for me. Where the show suffered the most was the stage seemed quite empty at times. The show didn't build on itself like Masquerade where each scene kept the performers on stage so there were several performers on stage. Christmas Wishes just had about 10 perfomers per a section that would rotate out each time plus the sprites. Even the finale consisted of just 12 unique performers all wearing the same outfits, the dozen or so sprites, and then the characters...

On some good notes, I really like the finale costumes, a lot. I also thought that the finale music and show itself was well done.
    I d the finale costumes, too. Is there merch for sale in those?

I wasn't as into all of the music, but I didn't really expect to be. I loved the first and second songs! Disney doing hip-hop pretty much never works for me - I loved the snowmen, tuned out the music. I never expected to compare this to Mysterious Masquerade, as I think that's destined to be the best Disney show ever...for me. I love it as much as Mythica. Also, I really miss Candlelight Reflections. I can't believe I was there last year and didn't go to the Finale. Serves me right for not insisting.

I like Christmas Wishes. The costumes are great and the dancing is impressive. It's more like 20 people on stage, I think; not 12. I think the set is what makes it feel empty, but I also imagine this is less true in person. Nighttime is MUCH more impressive than daytime, though, with the lights and all. It's charming, but doesn't really move me like Candlelight Reflections or wow me like Mysterious Masquerade. It also requires a higher level of Japanese ability to be engaged in what's happening than those shows, and as ICe101 mentioned, feels more disjointed - a series of "scenes," rather than a continuous flowing story. Still, it's definitely not cheap. Seeing this video has made me more excited about going to TDS, and that's good enough for me!

i have watched the video,thanks
    I am traveling now.

Oh wow thanks for posting TDLFAN, I wish I had been able to see that! Please note everyone the amount of dancers in the 4th of July Show!!

forgot to quote TDLFAN, my response was in regards to his posting about MK shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast