Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: Ariel's Undersea Adventure in TDS?

A recent article I read said that the ride will feature some of Disney's most advanced AAs.. take it for what its worth. The figures seen in the video are just a sample of what you'll see on the ride. The actual characters, like the big Ursula AA, are supposed to be quite impressive based on what i've heard.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    ...I am sure there will be better things on the 3 minute ride than what has been shown, but for now I have low expectations.
    Sometimes it only takes a big wart on a nose to decide if a lady is pretty or not.
    I think low expectations is always good. It saves from disappointment, like when you see someone who looks beautiful but then they speak and you realize how vain and shallow they really are. Low expectations or no expectations allow one the opportunity to be pleasantly surprised by whatever unfolds.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    I agree! Why all the Sindbad hate? I loved that ride and while I am sure I am in the minority it is my favorite attraction in TDS.
    Why is suggesting a conceptual way to incorporate the Little Mermaid ride into a terribly underutilized show building interpreted as "hate" of the existing attraction?

The hard facts regarding popularity and utilization do not have anything to do with my personal opinion of the attraction in question, which I did not share.

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Why is suggesting a conceptual way to incorporate the Little Mermaid ride into a terribly underutilized show building interpreted as "hate" of the existing attraction?

The hard facts regarding popularity and utilization do not have anything to do with my personal opinion of the attraction in question, which I did not share.
    Agreed all we are doing in this thread is blue sky guessing of where Ariels attraction could go and you proposed one suggestion. No doubt sinbad is not popular and has never picked up with the guests at TDS, it is a shame it is a beautiful attraction that has a high capacity but despite its retools it still hasn't been met with popularity perhaps its location its a little off the beat and path from the rest of the coast but perhaps with the new spinners coming that will help.

I wouldnt worry thematically since TDS is very high on quality I am sure they will come up with a proper que and showbuilding for it wherever that may be. TDS even makes Turtle talk appealing

• Lost Boy

"Why all the hate?" is just a phrase... I wasn't trying to say/imply anyone had a true hatred of the attraction :P
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Terribly underutilized? The attraction has currently the most fluid AAs every made, a catchy song, and good story telling. Most of us in the states wish we could have something as good as Sinbad. I understand compared to Journey or Indy it's not the best but it's one of the best. When you want an attraction replaced with another it usually can be interperated as hate.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Terribly underutilized? The attraction has currently the most fluid AAs every made, a catchy song, and good story telling. Most of us in the states wish we could have something as good as Sinbad. I understand compared to Journey or Indy it's not the best but it's one of the best. When you want an attraction replaced with another it usually can be interperated as hate.
    Captain EO ATIS see the above post keep in mind this is just people coming up with Blue sky thoughts here. and I dont see its hate its hard to deny the fact Sinbad has gone through one story change before and its hardly busy so underutilized is a proper word ... Especially when you have such a big chunk of land and .. . It should be considered

• Felice Natale!

...I understand compared to Journey or Indy it's not the best but it's one of the best...
    I love JttCotE and Crystal Skull, but I wouldn't trade Sindbad for them. It is just so original, full of heart and awesomeness! The most popular doesn't always mean the best.

I would like to see something in Mermaid Lagoon that captures the adventure aspects of The Little Mermaid, though - like the first storm or the final battle with Ursula! Mermaid Lagoon looks fantastic, but I don't spend much time there cos it's all for kids. Sindbad's Storybook Voyage has a "childish" look, but the level of artistry and detail along with the excellent "Compass of Your Heart" really elevate it. I always ride it at least once every time I go!

At the same time, I still really do enjoy the high-calibre production of Mermaid Lagoon Theater. I'm not sure I'd wanna see it go. And there does need to be stuff for younger kids at a theme park, so...

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    For AAs check out: YouTube - The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure ride preview at Disney's California Adventure
    at 2:48
    BOOO!

...now compare it to this old DisneySEA rides AAs:

Part 1 YouTube -

Part 2 YouTube -

I have the pleasure of knowing a couple of the WDI that worked on TDS and had the chance to see some of those aa's for sinbad being built and let me tell you that several of them are simple characters with left/right up/down movement. The primary characters are the more fluent ones and have a higher range of mobility.

There is quite a bit that can be done with simple aa's to make them appear more advanced than they are.

Similar technics were used for several of the characters in all the splash mountains.

AUA will use similar technics and have a diveristy in characters. Some of those characters will have a high range of mobility while other will be secondary characters that just require simple movements that will be enhanced by lighting.

^ You keep thinking that. After I saw the so called "Audio Animatronics" on Monsters Inc. at Disney California Adventure I don't have much hope the ones in AUA will be any better.
    i would not even compare the static figures in monsters inc with any of the other aa's being built for some of the newer attractions.

First of all the characters for monsters have very limited mobility because they were re-used from super star limo. The original design of superstar limo was to have the vehicles go thru the attraction at a much faster pace this allowed that aweful attraction to have limited movement on the characters. Monsters Inc was pushed ahead into development at a minimal budget for the sole purpose of increasing park capacity and it had to be done within a certain timeline.

AUA has been in development for a while and eventhough there was already some conceptual design from a previous idea for a mermaid ride this new attraction went thru many changes. The advance in technology is allowing them to do things that would not have been possible if it had been built years ago.

• Not here to help

But we all can see that many of the Sinbad AAs are alot more impressive than we get to see on other rides. I just have to ask... what is the advance in technology that will play a big role in the mermaid ride? Isnīt it just a haunted mansion type of ride with a different theme? Something like Spiderman or Harry Potter in IOA butn under the sea would have been more exciting.
    AUA is being launched as a major thing for DCA. Sinbad is just another ride in TDS. Itīs not even popular because there is soo much else that is simply more amazing in that park.

I know itīs not the moment to bad mouth a ride that canīt be ridden, but still... I just got very put off by those dancing turtles and spinning seastars... Iīd rather have laser projections or something really groundbreaking than that. It takes more to wow people today than cheap AAs.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-01-2010 at 04:50 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• You have much to learn...

Although it would be neat to have an Undersea Adventure version in TDR- it is a little repetative since Mermaid Lagoon is an entire kingdom based under the sea as it is. Yes, it could always be an improvement for an already incredibly detailed attraction, but why would we even be arguing about replacing Sinbad with this attraction since it's too far away from Mermaid Lagoon to begin with.

Sinbad, even though it isn't as popular as the rest of the rides in the park, it a wonderful example of an attraction that still fits in a Disney Theme Park & isn't actually based on a Disney movie-It still has a great musical score and animatronics that outshine A Small World and I wouldn't replace it with anything.

I'm more interested in seeing if they could possibly add a new area to the park itself based on Atlantis.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    ...Sinbad, even though it isn't as popular as the rest of the rides in the park, it a wonderful example of an attraction that still fits in a Disney Theme Park & isn't actually based on a Disney movie-It still has a great musical score and animatronics that outshine A Small World and I wouldn't replace it with anything.

I'm more interested in seeing if they could possibly add a new area to the park itself based on Atlantis.
    Yes, and yes! Not only Disney's Atlantis, but the concept of Atlantis. Although I have to say, that film really grew on me after a second viewing and I think Kida is easily Disney's most empowered princess - one who actually leads her people!

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Yes, and yes! Not only Disney's Atlantis, but the concept of Atlantis. Although I have to say, that film really grew on me after a second viewing and I think Kida is easily Disney's most empowered princess - one who actually leads her people!
    Still holding out hope for Glacier Bay, I would think that would be a natural fit for another port in Tokyo Disney sea.. I think with Atlantis it kinda borders on whats around Mt Prothumeous and would be repetitive Glacier Bay would be really unique

I've seen video of the finale Ariel and Eric... but I can't figure out how to get back to the link. Sorry. Honestly, from the grainy video they seemed VERY realistic and NOT cardboard-y; more than fit for TDS. A simple tweak of the storyline having you start underwater and the inclusion of more scenes (maybe an elaborate rise from the water?) would definitely be easy. TDS would probably wait until DCA's ride comes first before they make a decision, though.
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast