Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• (Not a) New User

Ariel's Undersea Adventure in TDS?

Just wondering, are there any plans or rumors of a version of the new Little Mermaid ride coming to California Adventure and the Magic Kindom to appear at the Mermaid Lagoon at DisneySea? I've never been there, living in California (and I've never actually been out of the country) so is there any space for a dark ride and to keep the show? Probably not. I think it'd be a great idea.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Ariel's Undersea Adventure in TDS?

I don't think so but if they do it better be equally as good as the USA's. After what happened with Pooh I don't want to see us get downsized again.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Loves Mickey!

This attraction and Mystic Manor are so perfect for TDS! If they do not eventually come to the park it would be ridiculous!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Future Disney Imagineer

Right now there are rumors of rumors of replacing some B-rides and the Little mermaid show in Mermaid Lagoon to be replaced by AUA. There are rumors of rumors that the OLC is looking closely at the success of this new ride, and are considering bringing it and further perfecting TDS

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Right now there are rumors of rumors of replacing some B-rides and the Little mermaid show in Mermaid Lagoon to be replaced by AUA. There are rumors of rumors that the OLC is looking closely at the success of this new ride, and are considering bringing it and further perfecting TDS
    They would either have to gut the entire show building that mermaid lagoon is housed in , but I think that is unlikely, why take out several attractions for one, the most likely scenario is either carve out a nice que within the building and build a showbuilding underground/aboveground nearby...

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    They would either have to gut the entire show building that mermaid lagoon is housed in , but I think that is unlikely, why take out several attractions for one, the most likely scenario is either carve out a nice que within the building and build a showbuilding underground/aboveground nearby...
    That makes me think that maybe the ride (in this case anyway) should be placed in TDL instead so that The Little Mermaid can have equal representation there. Plus there's more room in TDL to warrant it. You dont have to shove everything devoted to one film in the same park.

• Not here to help

Id rather see something more inline with what TDS visitors are used to see. The new mermaid ride features some pretty lame AAs. Besides Mermaid Lagoon is set under water, the mermaid ride is not.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Besides Mermaid Lagoon is set under water, the mermaid ride is not.
    One major effect in the new mermaid attraction is the submerging of Guests under the sea. The effect has been described publically by WDI and is NOT a internet rumor.

Regarding show building placement, I still say a good idea would be to shutter the entrance of Sindbad to preserve the exterior theming for Arabian Coast, build a tunnel queue from Mermaid Lagoon, and use the large Sindbad show building to install the Little Mermaid attraction.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Id rather see something more inline with what TDS visitors are used to see. The new mermaid ride features some pretty lame AAs. Besides Mermaid Lagoon is set under water, the mermaid ride is not.
    Pretty Lame AA's ? as far as i know none of the mermaid attractions either in DL or WDW have opened yet... and its suppose to feature one of the largest collections of AA's stateside.
    and just because Mermaid Lagoon might be set underwater so will Ariels undersea adventure, you are suppose to get submerged at one point, perhaps a entrance right outside mermaid lagoon either at the top or near Scuttles Scooters and then create a cue that gives the illusion of going underwater, almost similar to how Its tough to be a bug winds you down to the ant colony.
    . and in terms of building placement a underground solution or above ground showbuilding either themed to mermaid lagoon , or Arabian coast would help hide things... I dont think putting it where sinbad is would work, that is pretty far from where mermaid lagoon is situated it would be closer to the entrance of arabian coast

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    . and in terms of building placement a underground solution or above ground showbuilding either themed to mermaid lagoon , or Arabian coast would help hide things... I dont think putting it where sinbad is would work, that is pretty far from where mermaid lagoon is situated it would be closer to the entrance of arabian coast
    There really is no place above ground for a new building without some major removal of attractions.

Regarding the distance to Sindbad, it is pretty far. But if you think about the distance between the entrance to Indiana Jones Adventure in DL to the show building, I would say it isn't that much further. And DL's Indy queue is one of the most intersting and well themed queue of any Disney attraction world wide. An underground tunnel queue from inside Mermaid Lagoon, lets say where the current play area is, would give Imagineers a lot of opportunities to create another fantastic queue. And believe me, the entire queue area would be necessary to accomodate the Japanese Guests who will flock to a Little Mermaid E-Ticket attraction.

• Not here to help

I have seen some of the AAs from the mermaid ride. They moved back and forth and not at all like the ones found in Sinbad or Pirates. I was the same type of AAs as in Small world.

• Not here to help

Id rather have Sinbad. Not a fan of simple clones.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Lame AAs? It is most definitely set under water, as the others have said. Which AAs of TLM have you seen that were not of sea creatures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    One major effect in the new mermaid attraction is the submerging of Guests under the sea. The effect has been described publically by WDI and is NOT a internet rumor.

Regarding show building placement, I still say a good idea would be to shutter the entrance of Sindbad to preserve the exterior theming for Arabian Coast, build a tunnel queue from Mermaid Lagoon, and use the large Sindbad show building to install the Little Mermaid attraction.
    The extended underground queue is an innovative idea, but i think it would be easier to extend the indoor Mermaid Lagoon by placing the entrance to TLM where the outdoor Scuttle coaster is now.

Besides Sinbad should be saved for an Aladdin darkride using my armchair imagineering skills :P
    I have seen some of the AAs from the mermaid ride. They moved back and forth and not at all like the ones found in Sinbad or Pirates. I was the same type of AAs as in Small world.
    Apparently you haven't seen the AAs that were in the underwater scenes; the most exciting show scenes are the Under the Sea, Part of Your World, and Poor Unfortunate Soul rooms.

However, I'm not expecting the multiple AAs in the Under the Sea scene to be revolutionary, just Ariel and Ursula really matter.

where can I view AUA animatronics and ride details?

Thanks!

• Not here to help

The mermaid ride will start on land. The Mermaid lagoon is really mostly under water. It would make NO sence to be in a world under the sea to find a ride starts on land. They would have to change the ride ALOT.

I have seen the dancing turtles and some other AAs. I didnt pay attention because I have seen MUCH better things on the Sinbad ride... in DisneySEA. I am sure they will have a few great looking AAs in the new ride. But what they have shown off has not been anything to brag about.
    Hello 1965!

I think TDLFAN can agree on the fact that what DisneySEA already has is better than what has been displayed for the mermaids new ride in DCA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast