Tokyo Disneyland Philharmagic CD Release

Just a heads up for any fans of the show - A soundtrack featuring the show audio will be released February 2nd at Tokyo Disneyland.

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Philharmagic CD Release

I wonder if the soundtrack will be in English or Japanese.

The full show audio? Are they going to bundle it with the queue music or something?
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Resident of the Caldera

Not likely. I don't recall the music for any queue being released in Japan.

OLC has no problem putting out a 20 minute CD for $25 because people in Japan buy it.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, there has been queue music released. Specifically on the "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" CD. As well as miscellaneous attraction queue music on the various boxed sets like "Treasures of Fantasy", and "Dream" sets.

This Philharmagic CD seems odd though, since it's coming right when the attraction does...not the usual trend from OLC. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm actually happy about it. I do hope they possibly put the entire "Mickey Mouse Revue" as a bonus on there as well...seems a shame not to.

The OP was a little vague on information. Here's some more about the release.

Unfortunately it's more of an "Image Album", or what's more commonly referred to in the States as an "Inspired By" album. Tracks 1, 2, and 8 are show audio. Tracks 2-7 are in Japanese Language and lifted off each movie's official album. At least that's how I understand it from the CD description.

Source: Disney Music

Release Date: 2/2/11
    AVCW-12816

1. Warm-Up (CD Exclusive)
    2. Mickey Mouse March (CD Exclusive)
    3. Be Our Guest
    4. Part of Your World
    5. I Just Can't Wait to Be King
    6. You Can Fly!
    7. A Whole New World
    8. Fill & Spill Music (CD Exclusive)

• Munchings & Crunchings

LOL, I looked at the site, and the literal translations of song titles is funny for some of them.

For example, "Be Our Guest" translated to "Lonely Dinner Party", and "You Can Fly!" translated to "I Also Toberu You!"...I guess it couldn't figure out the word for fly...poor Google translator!

As for the CD, it's definitely on the light side...I hate this about a lot of TDR CD's. It's very annoying to pay full price for 15 minutes of music on a CD that could hold 5 times that amount. Also disappointing that they're just substituting the Japanese soundtrack versions of the main songs. Oh well...

Ok Can you guys suggest some TDR CDs/DVDs that worth getting? I am going there next month and I want to come up with a shopping list.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Ok Can you guys suggest some TDR CDs/DVDs that worth getting? I am going there next month and I want to come up with a shopping list.
    Legend of Mythica is the one I actually listen to most.
    Mysterious Masquerade is my personal favorite Disney show music to date. Be sure you get 2010!
    Dramatic DisneySEA is also nice, if you can find it. I bought it at Book-Off.
    BraviSEAmo! is also fantastic, if it's still in the parks or you can find it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Commercial for Philarmagic is up on the TDR site.

東京ディズニーリゾート・ミニシアター

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Get the music for the Easter Wonderland Parade... just awesome!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    LOL, I looked at the site, and the literal translations of song titles is funny for some of them.

For example, "Be Our Guest" translated to "Lonely Dinner Party", and "You Can Fly!" translated to "I Also Toberu You!"...I guess it couldn't figure out the word for fly...poor Google translator!

As for the CD, it's definitely on the light side...I hate this about a lot of TDR CD's. It's very annoying to pay full price for 15 minutes of music on a CD that could hold 5 times that amount. Also disappointing that they're just substituting the Japanese soundtrack versions of the main songs. Oh well...
    Literal Translation of Cinderella's Fairytale Hall is 'Cinderella's Fairy Hole'.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Literal Translation of Cinderella's Fairytale Hall is 'Cinderella's Fairy Hole'.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Am I the only one that noticed that although the movie is in 3D the entire commercial was done in 2D animation?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed that although the movie is in 3D the entire commercial was done in 2D animation?
    Yeah, I noticed that. I guess the 3D wouldn't be effective on a regular TV, still, the CGI should have looked ok anyway. I actually liked the 2D animation though, it was done well.