• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Good time to visit in either October or November for 2011

I'm considering my next trip to the Resort and looking at a possible Oct-Nov date. Now I'm hoping to avoid possible national holidays or school breaks which would push attendance up at the parks. Since I'm hoping to see both the new Fantasmic and Dreamlights I'm looking for a time when the weather is usually its best. Is Oct usually a better month for better weather say compared to November for instance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Re: Good time to visit in either October or November for 2011

October weather is much better than November. Warmer and drier than November.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Anybody thinking of visiting at this time, my advice is the same: Try to have at least ten days. Come to be in the park for the tail end of Halloween, go on one of the slower days in between Halloween and Christmas to avoid the crowds (and also use this time for seeing other parts of Tokyo or Japan), and then go for the first day of Christmas events on 11/8. If you're coming around this time anyway, this just seems like a great way to get value for the time/money invested in traveling. Done like this, I think you get more "bang for your buck" than at any other time of year - crossover of both of the major events, plus a "lull" period to just focus on attractions and enjoy a much less crowded park. The only problem is if you want a full day at each park for the events, then you'd need eleven or twelve days. With the Multi-day nonconsecutive Passport, this seems like the best plan for any traveller who can afford to come for two weeks. During the space between events, maybe you could even book a cheaper hotel in Tokyo somewhere, or go visit Kyoto? I dunno. But it's what I'd wanna do if I didn't live here.

• Resident of the Caldera

I always go in October, arriving at the resort on Sunday night. I stay for a full five days and leave the following Saturday. That's always enough time. November is cold. October is beautiful.

• Banned User

Right I have given it some serious thought and thank you all for your advice given.

DuffyDaisuki I appreciate the 10 days suggestion. The problem I have however with going to both Halloween & Christmas events back to back is the crowd sizes. While these events can be packed at anytime. Its been my experience that crowds pick up at the begining and end of each event. And I would rather attend one event with more manageable crowds than two events back to back with wall to wall people. Plus I've already visited Kyoto and most of the Kansai region. Hoping to spend a little bit more time around Tokyo this time.

I think I'm looking at a october date now like Fukai recomends.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The problem I have however with going to both Halloween & Christmas events back to back is the crowd sizes. While these events can be packed at anytime. Its been my experience that crowds pick up at the begining and end of each event.
    I did this exact thing this year. My visit spaned the last week of Halloween festiviteis with the first week of Christmas festivities. The week inbetween I visited Kyushu.

I bought two multi-day passports. One for my Halloween visit and the other for my Christmas visit.

While the last weekend of Halloween festivities was a bit crowded, the weekdays prior were not bad at all. And the first week of Christmas festivities was not bad at all during the week.

This plan worked out great. Would have been perfect if the Christmas Wishes show started on the first day of Christmas festivities instead of starting a week later.

• Banned User

Thanks Roger that has given me more consideration for thought.

Unfortunately Hong Kong Disneyland's 5th Anniversary and Flights of Fantasy Parade has seriously got me questioning if I should visit Hong Kong instead next year. Or maybe try and fit in both perhaps.

• Resident of the Caldera

Hong Kong Disneyland takes less than a day, so you could get take an overnight trip to Hong Kong from Narita, then come back the next evening. But it's really not worth it ... until the three new lands open, there's so little to see at Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Banned User

I can easily enjoy 2 days at Hong Kong Disneyland myself. I did attempt to do the park in one day once and still had to come back a second day. Its small but offers some of the best entertainment out of any of the Disney parks including Tokyo in my opinion. The new Parade "Flights of Fantasy" really does look good and is exactly the kind of addition I would base a trip around. Plus I can enjoy side trips to Ocean Park and Macau to see how developments are coming along. Its an interesting dilemma since I also would love to see DisneySea's Fantasmic next year. Flying to Hong Kong from Tokyo for a couple of nights like you suggested might a good idea Fukai.