Cold, Rainy, and Fun

I'm in Chiba for work this week, so I carved out a day for myself so I could go to Tokyo Disneyland. This is part of my long-term plan to unlock all the GPS things in the Alice in Wonderland app.

It was fun, but also cold and rainy. Since I'd only ever been to Disney parks in California and Florida, I hadn't actually considered the possibility of being cold at Disney. I started out intending to rush straight to Pooh's Hunny Hunt like everyone says, but I'm easily swayed by sights like this:

Empty Snow White Line by montykins, on Flickr

That's Snow White, with zero people in line, right after the park opened. Well, okay! Other rides I rode with lines of less than ten minutes: Alice's Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pinocchio, Star Tours, and It's a Small World.

I did eventually make it up to Pooh, and the regular line was only 40 minutes. Hooray! Plus, I hadn't realized this, but there are things to read while waiting in line. In fact, the things to read are the line.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt Line by montykins, on Flickr

The ride itself was super-fun, just like everyone says.

Now, when I say it was cold and rainy, I mean it. That's why Toontown looked like this:

Rainy Toontown by montykins, on Flickr

And Fantasyland looked like this:

Rainy Fantasyland by montykins, on Flickr

I could probably have ridden Dumbo with no line as well, but it didn't seem like a pleasant idea somehow.

I loved Pooh's Hunny Hunt. I also loved the Stitch-themed version of the Tiki Room.

Aloha, Stitch by montykins, on Flickr

It turns out that Stitch, since he lives in Hawaii and plays a ukulele, is actually a natural addition to the show.

Missing Stitch by montykins, on Flickr

He's a little bigger in person than I thought he'd be.

Stitch in Tiki Room by montykins, on Flickr

I ended up fleeing at around 3:00, because I was too cold to enjoy scurrying from ride to ride. But I did most of the things I wanted to do!

Walt & Mick by montykins, on Flickr

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Cold, Rainy, and Fun

Looks like you had a fun, quick trip, despite the cold and rain. One thing, at least it seems to have allowed you to do what you wanted, because the weather kept a lot of people away.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

^Really?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• "The Musical Quil"

Great photos. I've very envious of your experiance. TKDL IN THE RAIN! That's my favorite time to go to any park.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS