Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea week long (dream) trip report

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksRichard View Post
    character candids are some of my favorite types of photos. they tell a deeper story and show the true interaction and magic made when meeting characters at the park. I have some candids or outtakes with pluto that i LOVE.
    I think I'll go back and post more photos of the interactions. Have a lot more with the Dwarfs too.

• World Traveler

Great TR! Thanks so much for sharing.

Wow. This is probably the best trip report I've read in a long while, if not ever. You skillfully combined the storytelling and photo-tour aspects, while also weaving the thread from your hopes from previous trips. Brilliantly done!

A+

• <3

AMAZING trip report! You are one great uncle! It's priceless to see your niece's reactions to everything! I can't wait to read more!

fitztwg, we'd love another update! And more of the candid character pictures. Those remind me so much of the wonderful characters in Tokyo!

thank you for your amazing trip report. i am still going through the pages reading everything in case i may have missed it where there any character meals at the hotel.
    looking forward to going back and reading more thank you

• Rat Tat Tat.

Fitztwg--amazing report! I just got back from Japan and had a quick day trip to Tokyo Disneyland. Your photos and stories are bringing back some great memories I've spent the past few days rationing out how much I could read of this report a day so I'd have more to enjoy...but now I'm all caught up! Looking forward to the next segment.

And here's a pic from my trip, enjoying the Tokyo Disneyland Halloween decor! You should have seen the incredible costumes the guests were wearing--I could almost swear they were CMs based on how detailed, accurate, and expensive they looked.

Last edited by revol yensid; 09-22-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    And more of the candid character pictures. Those remind me so much of the wonderful characters in Tokyo!
    This next update will wrap up all the characters we met. And some would say we saved the best for last!

---------- Post added 09-25-2011 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1rocky View Post
    i am still going through the pages reading everything in case i may have missed it where there any character meals at the hotel.
    I think there may have been at the Sherwood Garden, but I'm not sure. Can't seem to find any info online about it. I do remember it was more than $40 a person.

---------- Post added 09-25-2011 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid View Post
    And here's a pic from my trip, enjoying the Tokyo Disneyland Halloween decor! You should have seen the incredible costumes the guests were wearing--I could almost swear they were CMs based on how detailed, accurate, and expensive they looked.
    Thanks for the kind words.

And that photo looks awesome. We would have loved Halloween time there.

As we headed over to Disneysea we talked about how much we would try to cram into the next few hours.

We’d seen pretty much everything we wanted to, so this one was about doing our favorite things one last time.

We spent some time shopping. We got a pretty cool DisneySea photo album.

Also spent a good half hour looking around and buying a ton of stuff at the Il Postino Stationary store in the Mediterranean Harbor area. My niece is really into writing and journals, so we got a bunch of pencils, paper, stickers etc.

We headed up the hill to go over to Mysterious Island when off in the distance we saw a crowd against the wall.

What characters would be up there we wondered? We were both stumped.

And then we saw them, a rare find indeed:

They were so nice and gracious. One of my favorite character moments.

We then got a sneak peek into the future with some cherry blossoms against the wall. We were months early so I figured we wouldn’t see them, but we did!

Of course we had to ride 20,000 Leagues again. It ended up being her favorite ride and the line was pretty short.

We then were just sightseeing, taking random photos.

Turning the corner and headed toward The Little Mermaid, we saw an even bigger crowd near the entrance. I figured it was for the chef again, but as we walked up we saw something even RARER!

The sheer amount of people around him was insane, but after a minute he saw my niece and came over to her. He spent a good two minutes talking with her, introducing her to Max.

He asked my niece if she had seen Ariel. We didn’t the entire trip, so he pointed off in the distance and said “she’s over there. If you go will you tell her that I love her very much.”

Of course my niece started blushing.

As we were saying goodbye, the singing voice of Ariel could be heard. Max jumped up against some rocks as if to be paying attention. Awesome.

For like the next 30 minutes I let her do whatever she wanted inside the Little Mermaid area. She even took the camera and literally took a photo of every single thing in there. Especially in the treasures room.

Here are some of her photos:

And then I took some:

We also played a game of chicken with the water play area... I lost:

We left and kept making our way around the park. Of course stopping to get our favorite dessert of the trip: Coconut ice cream!

As we were walking through Lost River Delta, I was telling her about the last time I was there a really cool Indiana Jones was walking around the area.

Like a wish coming true we spotted him seconds later. He was having a good time messing around with some teenage girls so we waited our turn and just had a good time watching.

As he started to talk to my niece, the girls stuck around and kept saying “Cute-o! Cute-o!”

He was awesome with my niece, he took her over and showed her the dig going on and explained somethings.

Right then and there we had no idea that Indiana Jones would be the last character we met, but we both agreed that it was a great way to end.

We did see the Three Caballeros off in the distance walking pretty fast, so we figured they weren’t stopping and we were too far away to catch them.

We took some more photos:

And it was getting dark so we decided to head back for the Electrical Parade.

I took this photo and told my niece to take one last, really good mental image of everything.

And boom, tears again.

This woman was nice enough to take a photo of us together so I was happy to have it.

On the way out we took one last picture.

Oh, and since we have now seen every character here is the video project I spent a lot of time working on. I hope you enjoy it:

Next up: the most amazing Electrical Parade ever, more rides and fireworks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for this amazing trip report. It took quiet some time to read through all you posts and your pictures are really great.

thank you for the great trip report and pics. also thanks for the info on the character breakfast we are hoping to do this at least once. also where there any tours that go to toyko or elsewhere for the day from the hotel at disney thanks

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Max?! Wow you hit the holy grail right there!

And yeah that Indiana Jones is some nice eye candy!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Max?! Wow you hit the holy grail right there!
    As soon as we saw them we knew we had hit the character jackpot. You can look at my niece's face and see the excitement. In the other photos she is smiling just to smile, this smile almost had to be surgically removed.

• Curious Explorer

How can you met so many characters? It's not fair ... Well, I met Herc and Meg with a slightly different costume.
    Those pics of your niece playing around the Mermaid Lagoon playground just reminds me of when I took my little sister to play there. Oh, memories... Btw, you really suited well holding that (toy) telescope, convincingly look like a sailor

Anyway, your TR has been so sought after. You really got some talents at gaining our attentions here!

And, that last pics at Porto Paradiso are just so touching. Can't help it! There's always a strong emotional appeal when the sight of Paradiso is combine with family warmth...some tears running down maybe

Every great discovery begins with imagination.
    A courtesy to the S.E.A.
    "EXPLORATIO CONTINUA"

• You have much to learn...

Too bad the trip has come to an end. Hopefully you can get back there and enjoy the parks all over again. Great report and photo's. I'm starting my countdown soon for early November.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast