Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Re: Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea week long (dream) trip report

Report update: Photos/videos uploaded. Then lost track of time and need to prepare for D23 tomorrow. So Monday at the earliest. If anyone is going to D23, say hi. My niece wants to wear her special Cheshire Cat hat, so she'll be easy to spot. That or her "Shake it Up!" outfits with a fedora. I might wear mine too.

• Future Imagineer! =D

BEST TRIP REPORT EVER!!!! You made me tear up, seriously. I totally understanding the crying- I remember the first time I boarded the Disney cruise ship, I cried hysterically while laughing hysterically! I'll never ever ever forget how I felt.

I've been wanting to go to Tokyo Disney for years. Unfortunately, I'm kind of young and my parents aren't going for it :P My mom wants one of us to at least be familiar with Japanese language before we go or know someone who lives there. I keep explaining to her we don't really need to know Japanese, but she's not going for it, hehehe. Someday I will make it over there. It looks like the most incerdible place ever. In some ways, better than Disneyland, especially with the characters! I think my deep obsession with TDR and TDS has begun! I think I'm going to buy some books about it soon and research!

Thank you so much for sharing! It looks like you guys really had a blast! Your neice will definitely remember this trip forever, what a wonderful uncle you are!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

*waiting patiently for more*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    BEST TRIP REPORT EVER!!!! You made me tear up, seriously. I totally understanding the crying- I remember the first time I boarded the Disney cruise ship, I cried hysterically while laughing hysterically! I'll never ever ever forget how I felt.

Thank you so much for sharing! It looks like you guys really had a blast! Your neice will definitely remember this trip forever, what a wonderful uncle you are!
    Thank you! You need any help with your trip just ask!

---------- Post added 08-25-2011 at 06:12 PM ----------

My niece was hungry by this point so we stopped at The Gazebo in Adventureland (more at the end of the World Bazaar.).

They had a pretty nifty menu there and I was surprised my niece picked something. And something not junk food!

Cream of corn soup!

It was so cold out that it was perfect for a nice breakfast.

We had a little bit of entertainment sitting there with a ton of birds in that area. The little ones were so cute.

The big ones? Not so much.

I said it before, they really are bullies. And they screech like crazy. Don’t feed the big ones.

After she ate we took our time walking around Adventureland, Westernland and Toontown. We made sure to duck into corners and every pathway to see everything.

As we were leaving Toontown there was a cart selling cream cheese pretzels.

Yes please!

By then I was starving, so we stopped at the Tomorrowland Terrace and I got a teriyaki chicken sandwich.

We had a lot of fun just sitting there people watching and getting more smashed “pennies.”

We had a ton of time still on our hands so we hoofed it back to the hotel for a quick nap.

On our way out we really hit the character jackpot!

We really were freaking out. We were freaking so much because we didn’t even have a clue who the girl chipmunk was! I figured, it had to be rare if I had no idea at all.

We figured that was it for meeting awesome characters and were more than happy with the sheer amount we got.
    BUT, there were even rarer ones to come!

After a quick nap I was laser focused on one thing. I wanted a picture at a certain spot in the park.

So we headed up by the castle.

And to the left.

Yes, Snow White’s Grotto.

A little explanation first. One of my favorite photos with my niece at Disneyland was her and I in front of the Grotto when she was 2-years-old.

I almost started crying just thinking about getting the same picture halfway across the world.

So here are both photos:

Next chapter will be our final adventure in DisneySea.
    Last edited by fitztwg; 08-25-2011 at 05:27 PM.

We were freaking so much because we didn’t even have a clue who the girl chipmunk was!
    That's Clarice. She only appeared in one Chip & Dale short, "Two Chips and a Miss". She used to be like exclusive to TDL, but you can actually see her at WDW on occasion. I got my photos with her back in 2008.

Wow! I just started reading this report today, thank you for posting! I am trying to plan a trip for Feb/Mar this year, it's overwhelming and and stressful when I think of the planning aspect, I don't know where to begin..but your report is a great inspiration! And I'm loving the cheshire hat!!! I'm going to have to double my budget just for souvenir purposes, hahaha :0

Quote Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
    Wow! I just started reading this report today, thank you for posting! I am trying to plan a trip for Feb/Mar this year, it's overwhelming and and stressful when I think of the planning aspect, I don't know where to begin..but your report is a great inspiration! And I'm loving the cheshire hat!!! I'm going to have to double my budget just for souvenir purposes, hahaha :0
    You know once you get the hotel situation squared away, everything else is a breeze.

I hope those hats are still around when you get there. Maybe not since they were 50% off when we got them.

at Tokyo Disneyland are the face characters asian? or are they from america or europe or something?

^ Ummmm... if you looked at the photos fitztwg has posted, you'd see the face characters are NOT Asian. They're probably American and/or from Europe.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! You met clarice! Jealous!

• Resident of the Caldera

fitztwg, Dude: You need to have some kids. You'd be a great father and, I think, a very happy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    fitztwg, Dude: You need to have some kids. You'd be a great father and, I think, a very happy one!
    Aw, thanks. You know I never thought really hard about it until this trip. Heh.

Since I have some time on my hands this hot-as-heck Friday I thought I'd post some character outtake photos.

Enjoy!

• Resident of the Caldera

You don't have to be married to have a kid, just very dedicated. You have what it takes and I think that subconsciously you really want a kid.

character candids are some of my favorite types of photos. they tell a deeper story and show the true interaction and magic made when meeting characters at the park. I have some candids or outtakes with pluto that i LOVE.

• Forgotten Spirit

>:3 This is by far the best trip report to ever grace MiceChat.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast