• Banned User

Exclamation MUST SEE TDR Xmas video clips!!!

For those of you unable tomake it out to TDR this Christmas season... go check out the 10 (!!!!) short videos available for viewing on the official TDR site. This is the closest you'll come to experience TDR's fabulous offerings, the sights and sounds of this year's Xmas events in just a few minutes.

These 10 short clips (lasting between 15 to 30 secs or so each) feature video peeks at all of the wonderful new entertainment available at TDR during the holiday season.

Of the 10 clips, 2 are the TV commercials now running on japanese TV, 2 are overviews of TDL' and TDS' holiday events, 1 clip features TDL's Jumbo Parade, 1 clip features TDL's Castle show "Mickey's Magical Xmas Tree", 1 clip features TDS' Minnie Nutcracker, 1 clip features TDS' Candlelight Reflection, 1 clip features "Sounds of Christmas" show, and the last one clip features a look inside TDL's It's a Small World Holiday ride.

The TDS clip offers a very quick view of "Encore!"s Xmas in NYC finale...

GO HERE:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/xmas/2park/movie.html

Once there, scroll to the bottom of the page and select your viewing speed and mode (Quicktime or Windows Media etc), then watch each video by clicking on the green balloon below each video photo. Prepare yourself to see why TDR is the place to go for a Disney Christmas!!

ENJOY!!! Have a blast. I did!!

• Banned User

Re: MUST SEE TDR Xmas video clips!!!

Wow.. no comments so far. You all must be in absolute shock thinking about how short-changed we are in the USA.

• Senior Minion

I love the detail of that park. The care the folks of Japan take pride in doing shows it can be done.(no brainer I know)

As I have said before, Disneyland gets treated like a second hand store.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Aside from the bonuses of the waterfront location and the Mega-fireworks (which can't be done here for a number of reasons, not the least of which is California's environmentalist-friendly air quality control laws), it reminds me of a mish-mash of stuff done at Disneyland and WDW, really. The huge character floats in the daytime parade remind me of when I saw the Party Gras parade all those years ago.

There sure are a LOT of character-oriented stage shows at TDL, though. Two or three just from this alone, the puppet show thing from a couple threads back, then the lake show and fireworks thing. It's kind of neat that the park seems to celebrate everything from Halloween to Hot August Nights, though they do it with a lot of characters and a lot of dancing. They should try to make another ride overlay for some attraction and some event.

And they hired some acting pros for that IASW vid. In all the years I've never seen any boat of people appear to be that interested in the ride. Heh.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    it reminds me of a mish-mash of stuff done at Disneyland and WDW, really. The huge character floats in the daytime parade remind me of when I saw the Party Gras parade all those years ago.
    You missed the point I was making, which was that all of this is NEW entertainment this year, just like it was all-new and different last year, the year before last and the year before last year and so on. How often do we get to see all-new shows on a yearly basis for Xmas at our parks in the USA?? Plus I don't see how it could be concidered mish-mash since all of it has the unifying xmas theme. As for the character shows... yes, the japanese love the characters in their shows, but that does not undermine that it took precendent ed effort, money and work to produce these excellent shows for just a seasonal event. And they were all well done and produced this year. How often can you watch the candlelight processional without it being predictible already???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    They should try to make another ride overlay for some attraction and some event.
    They already have "Haunted Mansion Nightmare", "Country Bear Xmas Special" and "IASW Holidays" ... and regular park shows feature special Xmas finales. What more could they do? ""Xmas in the Jungle (Cruise)" , or "Astroblasting Santa" with a Claus AA substituding for Zurg??

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    They already have "Haunted Mansion Nightmare", "Country Bear Xmas Special" and "IASW Holidays" ... and regular park shows feature special Xmas finales.
    Oh, I wasn't aware they exported the other layovers.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I just visited Jtcent's page and he has a video of the Jumbo Christmas Parade. I have never seen a Disney Christmas parade like this one. Very unique and upbeat. Everyone is so full of energy and there was a showstop too. Very neat. Also many of the Christmas costumes are similar to the classic Disneyland styles that I remember from the park and on TV before they were replaced. What a unique parade. The balloons were awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

cool clips, but i'll never go there, so oh well.

• Banned User

TDL has the best parades ever. Just check Joe's page regularly to see for yourself. US fans should be extremely jealous of TDR's line up of entertainment.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

WOW!! i REALLY hope that i get to make it to TDR one day...and especially at Christmas time. the performers are all so full of energy & are so upbeat. many (not all) at DLR look so bored during the parades. i've actually seen some of the dancers at DLR talking to each other (not scripted chit-chat, but a personal conversation) while performing on main street!!
    <o>

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: MUST SEE TDR Xmas video clips!!!

TDLFan I must agree with you. When the Chip and Dale site was up I used to watch the parade videos there and all I could say was wow. Out of all the Disney parks the award for best parades has to go to TDL I wish that site was still up becuase they had tons of videos of parades and entertainment gpomg all the way back into the 90's including several of the Countdown parades (which is unique to any Disney park in the world...and very well done too since each year the parade was differant) you folks in Japan should be very proud of the entertainment at TDL
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    TDLFan I must agree with you. You folks in Japan should be very proud of the entertainment at TDL
    I am quite proud of that...yes indeed, and I live 12 minutes away from WDW. What does that tell you about the entertainment quality we get at home??

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I am quite proud of that...yes indeed, and I live 12 minutes away from WDW. What does that tell you about the entertainment quality we get at home??
    Hmm...sounds like maybe a move is in store for you eh?? My, that would be strange.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 12-13-2005 at 02:50 PM.

• Banned User

If I spoke japanese and could work in Japan in my profession...yes, I'd move as fast as you can say... "TDR"