Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Tokyo DISNEY resort now officially close indefinitely. (Merged threads)

I don't know, but this statement was issued directly from TDR and goes against the above press release. The parks will remain closed but all Disney operations infrastructure will resume operation, with employees reporting back to work Tuesday:

Over the past several days, The Walt Disney Company Global Intelligence and Global Crisis Management team has continued to closely monitor the situation in Japan. At this time, conditions at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant have improved and several other factors, including the more consistent operation of transportation systems and supply of electricity, are positive signs of recovery.

Like other businesses across Japan who are resuming operation in the coming days, the operation of our business in Japan will be an important part of rebuilding.

Therefore, we have made the decision to resume normal business operations on Tuesday, March 22. We ask that all employees return to their offices or work locations at this time. Please notify your supervisor if you are unable to return to your work location on Tuesday.

Tokyo Disney Resort remains closed at this time and a reopening date is yet-to-be determined. Of course the safety of cast members and guests is the top priority for both us and our partner, Oriental Land Corporation.

I know that this has been a difficult time for us and I thank for your commitment to our business. There are more challenges ahead as we all work together to recover from the effects of the earthquake and tsunami and I have no doubt that you will handle them all with the same courage and professionalism you have already displayed.

Paul Candland & Toru Ochiai

It is horrible what is going on in Tokyo right now and with the parks being closed :-(. I am curious what this means for new entertainment that was coming to the parks like Fantasmic and also the updated Electrical Parade Dreamlights scheduled for this summer? Depending how things go I would imagine Fantasmic will now become a Summertime event, and hopefully the updated Dreamlights will stay on schedule for this summer....

Mythica720, I believe it's a release for the Walt Disney Company (Japan), Ltd. It does not cover Tokyo Disney Resort.

Walt Disney Attractions Japan (WDAJ), a subsidiary of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, works with Oriental Land Company at TDR. For information on the re-opening of TDR, it's probably best to wait for releases directly from OLC.
    Last edited by JoeInJpn; 03-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Forgotten Spirit

In the end you have to commend OLC for closing the parks, I think this is an awful time for a theme park (because yes, when it boils down past the true meaning of it all, Disneyland is a "theme" park.) to be operating. I'm just happy everyone on MiceChat seems to be okay, I feel awful for those who were killed or injured. Luckily for me, my family in Naha, Okinawa are all okay...I was scared something awful would hit the island.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345