Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Sad Tokyo DISNEY resort now officially close indefinitely. (Merged threads)

according to screamscape Due to the ongoing problems and concerns in Japan, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea are now said to be closed indefinitely… for now. The company has already sent home many of the non-Japanese staff who had been brought in to open Fantasmic!, Toy Story or who worked in the Entertaiment department for the time being as well, but will bring them all back once they have a clear picture of what is going on. The way thing are going, any reopening in March now seems premature. In the meantime however, they will take the time to fix up any infrastructure damage.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Tokyo DISNEY resort now officially close indefinitely.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't trust Screamscape right now for the latest information. I'm sticking with what OLC released officially, which is basically, they will announce on March 21st. when they will reopen.

Well this could be true due to there was a nuclear leak i hear that radiation is spreading through japan..
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wow, this is just so sad, for Japan. And devestating for Tokyo Disney Resort. But it's such an enormous investment, I'm sure they'll repair everything and reopen soon.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TokyoDisneyWebsite.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	10538

• Armchair Imagineer

The Disney & More website is reporting that the increasing radiation levels in Tokyo may spell doom for the Tokyo Disney Resort. While I hope and pray that the worst never happens, the possibility of a nuclear nightmare grows larger with each passing day.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    The Disney & More website is reporting that the increasing radiation levels in Tokyo may spell doom for the Tokyo Disney Resort. While I hope and pray that the worst never happens, the possibility of a nuclear nightmare grows larger with each passing day.
    I'm glad the nuclear power "experts" at Disney and More have shared with us that their information. <rolls eyes>

Posting pictures of TDR with nuclear and radition warning signs photoshopped in tells me all I need to know about the motivation, intent and credibility of the author.

• Young Imagineer (I wish)

Maybe I'm just really paranoid,

Hearing about the radiation leaks makes me scared, not only for TDR or the people in Japan, but also for the world, I hope it doesn't spread too far.

My heart goes to all the people down in Japan, I'm still pretty upset about it.
    GET THAT THING OUT OF OUR BELOVED TIKI ROOM
    WHAT WOULD WALT THINK IF THIS "REFURBISHMENT"??!!

"Our show is delightful, we hope you agree,
    we hope that it fills you with pleasure and glee,
    because if we don't make you feel like that,
    we're gonna wind up on the lady's hat!"

Iago, I would like you to meet my hat.

• Lost in Wonderland

Tokyo Disney Resort removed the "March 21st for a decision" text from their website. So that is basically the same as "closed indefinitely".

Disney's Easter Wonderland will probably get delayed from its April 1st opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I'm glad the nuclear power "experts" at Disney and More have shared with us that their information. <rolls eyes>

Posting pictures of TDR with nuclear and radition warning signs photoshopped in tells me all I need to know about the motivation, intent and credibility of the author.
    While I agree the photoshop jobs are a bit much, I still think the author is doing a pretty decent job of analyzing the information at hand. Alain is a published author and is more than capable of presenting possible scenarios based on the published facts. I don't think he is expressing any motivation or intent with this posting, and by his own admission he may have come off as a bit alarmist. This is a very real issue, and the possibilities he his writing about DO exist.

I can only hope and pray that some good news finally comes for the people of Japan. A nuclear disaster of this magnitude is too horrible to fathom!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    While I agree the photoshop jobs are a bit much, I still think the author is doing a pretty decent job of analyzing the information at hand. Alain is a published author and is more than capable of presenting possible scenarios based on the published facts. I don't think he is expressing any motivation or intent with this posting, and by his own admission he may have come off as a bit alarmist. This is a very real issue, and the possibilities he his writing about DO exist.
    Understand and respect your perspective. Glad to see that you at least agree about the photoshopped pictures. Those are what bothered me the most.

If he could see himself that he might be coming off as an alarmist, then he most likely is coming off that way to others. Human nature usually makes it most difficult for someone to be self-critical. Since he recognized it himself, I think it that can be interpreted that he is being an alarmist.

The issues are real, but they need to presented with real facts and quantified probabilities. My point is that I don't think he is qualified or has the right information to be suggesting all the posiblities he did present.

In normal circumstances, I would just ignore or not give this style of writing too much thought. It is because of the seriousness of the situation that I think more caution and responsibility needs to exercised.
    Last edited by Roger55; 03-16-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Can't spell :(

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post

In normal circumstances, I would just ignore or not give this style of writing too much thought. It is because of the seriousness of the situation that I think more caution and responsibility needs to exercised.
    I agree completely with you that situations such as these need to be considered with more caution and responsibility, that is undeniable. Quick looks at CNN, USA Today and Fox News reveal that unfortunately, even among established news sources, that's not the prevailing attitude. Its really sad.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

It was reported on the radio this morning that CNN, FOX News and MSNBC all saw a HUGE ratings drop from last year. I believe I heard CNN was down 27% in viewership.

These established news sources are resorting more and more to sensationalization tacticts. They say that the disaster in Japan is really going to help the cable news agencie's ratings. This is where I think motives come into play in deciding how and what to report.

Just the fact that this discussion is going on here in MC is probably helping Alain's to get more hits to his site. Mission accomplished I guess???

• Not here to help

Lets not forget what happened in Chernobyl... Japan is at the risk of being totally destroid for thousands of years to come.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast