Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TDR to possibly reopen on 4/6!!!

According to Asahi News paper (website version), Japanese leading news paper, TDR may reopen from 4/6 w/ modified hours - due to strong demand from travel industries.

They will shorten the closing time to 6pm instead of normal 10pm, and limit the heating/cooling in the facilities. They are aiming to reduce the power usage by 30%. They hope hotels will reopen at the same time.

They are also considering a construction of a large scale gas generator in the park. The plan is to cover 70% of power TDR uses. OLC executive says if the goverment gives them special permits, they can build it in 6 months. They hope to have it by this Christmas season.

If you are insterested to read the original, it's here.
    Last edited by voleball; 03-29-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Re: TDR to possibly reopen on 4/6!!!

Here is another article in English. It says they may open only 1 park (likely TDL).

Various media outlets are reporting this. OLC is publicly denying any decision on the opening date. They have a short press release on their website. However, this wouldn't be the first time OLC denies something that they later announce publicly.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

OLC announced that Disney Resort Line will start operating on 4/2.

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    OLC announced that Disney Resort Line will start operating on 4/2.
    That's Great!!! Wait a moment, Where will DRL go if evevrything's still closed?

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Probably for the "official hotels" ie: Sheraton, Hilton etc!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

From what I can tell, it will be open from 9am-10pm with 13 minute headways. It's certainly a step in the right direction. I assume CMs also use the Resort Line to get to work?

Full press release (in Japanese) is at http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content...0110331_01.pdf
    http://www.wdwip.com: The Walt Disney World International Programs Website

That's a good news !!!! Do you think TDR will see the same Attendance number after what happened ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Just another Disney fan..

Thanks for the link to the press release.

Also says that in order to conserve electricity, lighted signs and esacalators will be cut back. Makes sense. This will be going on all over the effected areas of Japan and I pretty sure will be the case for the parks too when they re-open.

I am not sure where to post this, since there is so much unnecessary arguing going on.

Anyway Scott Erickson who is a composer/writer/arranger of music and has done many things for the Tokyo Disney Resort(Halloween Parades,Dreams on Parade,Bon Fire Dance) has posted an interesting update...

Tokyo Disneyland Update

March 30 2011
    I’ve been in frequent touch with my friends at Tokyo Disney. They’re working hard to get the park re-opened after the terrible earthquake and subsequent tsunami.
    Part of the preparation includes rehearsals for the updated Easter Parade. I’m told that it’s really fun and exciting and they can’t wait to share it with the guests as soon as possible!
    Also, I was asked to do an arrangement for the finale of a Tokyo Disney Sea 10th Anniversary TV special that came out great! It’s for a very special guest, but I can’t tell you who or they’ll take away my mouse ears – those of you in Japan will just have to watch and find out For the rest of you, I’ll post a link after it airs.
    Stay tuned……
    www.scott-erickson.com

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vistaway View Post
    I assume CMs also use the Resort Line to get to work?
    I don't think the CMs in either of the parks do, as the CM entrance for both parks is considered "walking distance" from Maihama Station. It's *possible* that some workers at the Official Hotels use it, but they might also have a bus that goes between the hotels and Maihama Station. The Resort Line does offer commuter monthly passes, so someone must buy them (unless having them on offer is simply a regulatory requirement for railways).

• Just another Disney fan..

Thanks of the update Travis. This goes further to back up what I shared a few days back that the Easter Parade music was being heard coming from TDL.

Glad to see the Japanese people are doing what they can in getting back to living their lives.

And for those who think that doing so is cold and callus, my guess is that there will be a national day of mourning or a memorial held once all the nuclear issues, recovery and clean up activities have settled down.

Quote Originally Posted by vistaway View Post
    From what I can tell, it will be open from 9am-10pm with 13 minute headways. It's certainly a step in the right direction. I assume CMs also use the Resort Line to get to work?

]
    I believe most of them ride the "castmember bus" from the train or cast parking.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

They will shorten the closing time to 6pm instead of normal 10pm, and limit the heating/cooling in the facilities. They are aiming to reduce the power usage by 30%. They hope hotels will reopen at the same time.
    The early park closing's are something that are to be expected at this time. I guess everyone will be encouraged to continue to save energy where possible. It could make Tokyo a miserable place to be around this Summer with many places likely to be advised to turn off air conditioning units where possible to do there bit.

They are also considering a construction of a large scale gas generator in the park. The plan is to cover 70% of power TDR uses. OLC executive says if the goverment gives them special permits, they can build it in 6 months. They hope to have it by this Christmas season.
    It appears the Resort has realised it shouldn't be so independant on Tepco for its power. Since this is one of the big factors thats preventing them from reopening. Still I am suprised that such a structure could be built so quickly. Which makes you wonder if OLC had plans to build a large scale gas generator previously and have decided to bring the plans forward because of whats happened.

Here is another article in English. It says they may open only 1 park (likely TDL).
    It would make sense to keep Tokyo Disneyland opened rather than DisneySea. Right now the park has no night time entertainment until Fantasmic debuts. And I believe TDL has a larger ride capacity and could accommodate more Guests. Thanks for the links Voleball.

Various media outlets are reporting this. OLC is publicly denying any decision on the opening date. They have a short press release on their website. However, this wouldn't be the first time OLC denies something that they later announce publicly.
    OLC will not commit to a date officially until it knows for certain it could make the deadline. I think the group is being cautious so it doesn't deliver on a promise it can't keep.

That's a good news !!!! Do you think TDR will see the same Attendance number after what happened ?
    Its hard to say but I'm fairly confident the crowds will return once the park reopens. A lot of them will had already purchased Annual Passports for the year and will want to return very quickly to enjoy the park. And forget whats happened over the last month. Disney provides that escape for people like no one else.

Anyway Scott Erickson who is a composer/writer/arranger of music and has done many things for the Tokyo Disney Resort(Halloween Parades,Dreams on Parade,Bon Fire Dance) has posted an interesting update...
    Thanks for the update from Scott Erickson, Travis. That gives some hope for the several on here who have booked trips for later this month. It will also be a postitive step for the Japanese who are probarely right now reading message boards like this one also wondering when the parks will reopen. In a way the Resort being closed has probarely helped take there minds off Nuclear concerns.

And for those who think that doing so is cold and callus, my guess is that there will be a national day of mourning or a memorial held once all the nuclear issues, recovery and clean up activities have settled down.
    I think themeparks like Disney and maybe Universal should step in and offer all the Tsunami survivors a free trip. And something special needs to be done later to mark whats happened here. But right now Japan needs to get some kind of normality back. And for many Guests and Cast Members thats having the Disney park opened again.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Its hard to say but I'm fairly confident the crowds will return once the park reopens.
    Guests will no doubt return, but at the previous levels? I highly doubt it. Even if you completely set aside what the local residents are dealing with, about 1/3 of TDR guests from from outside the greater Tokyo area. I would think that a great many of those will eliminate TDR trips that they otherwise would have planned, whether they be from outside the country, or from other areas of Japan that are not subject to power shortages or nuclear contamination worries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast