• Banned User

Smile The Tokyo Disney Sea 10th anniversary special Live collaboration with Japans ARASHI

Here`s the video below
    YouTube -
    they have done the collaboration with ARASHI before but i think DISNEY SEA is competing with UNIVERSAL JAPAN with IT`s high class celebrities as you know last march and in upcoming april BECKY and KPOP groups will be in Universal studio for a special live.

Re: The Tokyo Disney Sea 10th anniversary special Live collaboration with Japans ARAS

Thanks for posting that disfa10. I saw it the other night. ARASHI is about the only Japanese boygroup I can tolerate, so having them team up with Disney again was a good choice. I simply loved their version of "When You Wish..." and "Mickey Mouse March." The song for "Be Magical" was alright. It'll take more time to let it sink in. For the record, I can't stand BECKY. However, some KPOP girlgroups are pretty darn hot.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: The Tokyo Disney Sea 10th anniversary special Live collaboration with Japans ARAS

disfa10 thanks for providing the link. A great suprise was seeing all the close ups of all the Characters in costumes. Including several like Duffy and Chip N Dale that I have not seen publicly before. I hope you don't mind but I plan to share the link over at the Duffy boards. Seeing the Bear up front with the main Characters to me is a sign that he's come along way since his early days. And just how highly regarded he is by both fans and the OLC. I really hope OLC will release a 10th Anniversary 12 inch plush of Duffy with that costume. It would fit in great with the rest of my collection.

For the record, I can't stand BECKY. However, some KPOP girlgroups are pretty darn hot.
    I'd be interested in getting more of your views on Japanese pop music (J-POP) at some point. I am a casual viewer from a far. I usually try and watch the NHK weekly show but that has been unfortunately put on hiatus since the Earthquake and Tsunami.

Can you or anyone else for that matter recommend any groups to track down. Either J-POP or South Korea's K-POP?

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Can you or anyone else for that matter recommend any groups to track down. Either J-POP or South Korea's K-POP?
    Check out this wiki page for j-pop artists.

List of J-pop artists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some artists I'm familiar with...

AKB48, Arashi, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, Exile, Funky Monkey Babies, GReeeeN, Hey! Say! JUMP, MISIA, moumoon, SMAP, SPEED, WaT

• Banned User

Thanks for that Roger. I'll be sure to check some of them out over the Weekend when I have a bit more time

I did check out already the artist Becky# to see why JoeInJpn has such a dislike for her. I couldn't really find anything music wise. So is it more her TV work where the annoyance comes in with her?

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I did check out already the artist Becky# to see why JoeInJpn has such a dislike for her. I couldn't really find anything music wise. So is it more her TV work where the annoyance comes in with her?
    I have never seen Becky sing. That doesnt' mean she doesn't. Seems like almost every "serebu" or "aidoru" in Japan take a shot at singing at one time or another.

I neither like or dislike Becky, but then again I am not exposed to her as much as JoeInJapan is!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

THank you so much for posting

Where was this taped, and where did it air?

Oh and I cannot wait till that Duffy costume comes out, both my boys will be getting them!
    Last edited by TravisMT81; 04-01-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    THank you so much for posting

Where was this taped, and where did it air?

Oh and I cannot wait till that Duffy costume comes out, both my boys will be getting them!
    It was a segment on the regular television variety program featuring the Japanese pop group Arashi called "Himitsu no Arashi-chan" (Arashi's Secrets). It was broadcast on the network TBS and it was recorded at its studios in central Tokyo.

Arashi (meaning: storm) also performed live in a premium event hosted by TDR sponsor House Foods at Tokyo DisneySea in November 2009.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thank you as always Joe!

It did seem very 80/90s variety act segment to me lol. (not that I am complaining)

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

I have never seen Becky sing. That doesnt' mean she doesn't. Seems like almost every "serebu" or "aidoru" in Japan take a shot at singing at one time or another.

I neither like or dislike Becky, but then again I am not exposed to her as much as JoeInJapan is!
    I viewed a couple of her songs but see no real deslike to her. Like you say it must be something to do with her exposure that JoeInJpn is not to keen on. Since he is keeping silent on that one we may never know!

It sounds like a lot of Japanese stars follow in the footsteps of many Disney Channel personalities by trying to form a music career off the back of there Disney Channel fame. I still cringe when I think back to sitting at the Arena Presentation at the D23 Expo and hearing Miley Cyrus perform.

• I also like Stitch!

DUFFY= SO CUTE IN HIS SORCEROR'S OUTFIT! If I see him waering that when the characters boat comes out in Fantasmic (it's bound to happen) I'm gonna scream in happness.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Thanks for posting that disfa10. I saw it the other night. ARASHI is about the only Japanese boygroup I can tolerate, so having them team up with Disney again was a good choice. I simply loved their version of "When You Wish..." and "Mickey Mouse March." The song for "Be Magical" was alright. It'll take more time to let it sink in. For the record, I can't stand BECKY. However, some KPOP girlgroups are pretty darn hot.
    Yes, thank you disfa10.^^

Joe, we have the same mind about both ARASHI and BECKY. I watched Nodame Cantabile II and I just wanted to kick her. I don't even know why. It's completely irrational and not her fault at all. I'm sure it isn't the same for you, Joe, but I kinda suspect in my case that it's jealousy at her awesome Japanese language skills and how she's always hanging out with hot/cute Japanese guys (though I really should consider most of them too young for me anyways).

This video is awesome, and Duffy takes center stage! Check this out and have faith that it's still gonna "Be Magical!" in Japan this year - and for many, many years to come!