Thread: Awkward Dream

• I'm a Lutheran

Awkward Dream

Last night I had an extremely detailed dream about the HM. Instead of being a mansion it was called the "Haunted Castle" to fit in with the rest of Fantasyland. The facade was painted grey, the title plaques were changed, and the general appearance of the mansion's interior were made more "royal" with Black Plague-era stone walls and tapestries. Master Gracey's portrait was replaced by the Black Prince and his skeleton horse. The stretching portraits were the same with drastic changes. The tight-rope girl was turned into a princess and the alligator beneath her was a dragon, the man on top of the TNT was a jester, the old woman with the rose was turned into a queen (George was now a king), and the three men in the quicksand were knights, the bottom man replaced by a horse. At this point in time I was kind of disturbed, wondering if this ever may happen.

The Sinister Eleven were replaced by portraits that change with the lightning, the portraits being Medusa, the unused Dracula portrait, the ghost ship, and Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper was different than his original design though. The "normal" portrait featured him holding a boquet of flowers in the middle of a sunny day with a lovesick look on his face. With the flash of lightning he turned into the original portrait where he has an evil smile and a knife in his hand (Which replaced the boquet). The Library, Music Room, and Spider Nest remained the same, as did the Endless Hallway, Corridor of Doors, Conservatory, and Seance Circle. The Grand Hall was pretty much the same save for a few medieval additions. The girl blowing into the cake was wearing a tiara, the dueling ghosts were knights jousting, and the party guests appeared to be coming from a Renassance fair. The Attic was almost an entirely different scene. The Bride was gone. The pop-up ghosts remained but were joined by numerous fantasy creatures locked into cages and trying to get out. There was a griffin gnawing at the bars of its cage, a minotaur chained-up to a wall, a three-eyed lion inside a crate, and many other bizarre things that I can't remember. The Bride was replaced by a Roman gladiator ghost fighting off a bear ghost.

The caretaker was replaced by a knight with clattering armor, joined by his dog (The caretaker's dog) and his terrified, scrawny horse. All the ghosts in the Graveyard remained the same. The HHG were now interactive like the ones at WDW and exactly the same in appearance. In the Exit Crypt a large sleeping dragon (A la DLP's castle) in a large grotto.

And that was my dream. It really bothered me when I woke up, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Curious Explorer

Re: Awkward Dream

Hmm.. interesting concept. But nothing can beats HM still, especially without the Bride.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I somewhat like this fantasy-based concept of the HM. Your dream wasn't that otherworldly.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What's funny is that at DL a few years back I overheard a guest telling someone else, "this must be the Haunted Castle".

• I'm a Lutheran

/\ For some reason "I think this must be the Haunted Castle" reminds me of a Far Side cartoon.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)