• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Looking for Tokyo Disney Resort Fans from Japan?

We have quite a few Members on here that all offer good debate and discussion. But very few are located in Japan. And the few that do post all seem to be originally from the United States. So often see things more from a Western point of view. Not that I don't value these opinion's greatly, its just would be nice to now and again maybe to discuss the Tokyo Disney Resort with citizens from Japan which the Resort is marketed towards.

Now I have no idea how to get in contact with anyone on the Japan Disney forums, since my Japanese languege skills are abysmal. Has anyone got any suggestions for sites or other ways where it would be possible to get in contact with fans of the Tokyo Disney Resort?

If we have any that visit these boards but don't actually contribute to these message boards. Feel free to send me a Private Message, would love to hear from you. Please come out of hiding?

Re: Looking for Tokyo Disney Resort Fans from Japan?

Send me a ticket to TDL and I'll meet some for ya.

In fact, I'll make it an official "Malin Day", and get you a whole bunch of new friends.

• Just another Disney fan..

Sorry, I do not qualify or meet the above stated standards and will not be able to join the newly forming "Authorized to speak credibly about TDR" organization.

I do not live in Japan and was born in the USA. Never mind that I lived many years in Japan in the past, was raised with both American and Japanese values, have some family and many friends that do live in Japan, am in Japan 2-3 times a year, and can speak the language decently.

Being serious for a moment, why aren't you encouraging those you are seeking to come out and share their thoughts and perspectives with everyone insted of trying to form your own private little network?

If you seek "authenticated" Japanese Disney friends, best bet is to learn the language and go in country to meet them in person.

I do know of some "Japanese seeking gaijins" websites, but I don't think they are looking to discuss Disney.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by roger55 View Post
    i do know of some "japanese seeking gaijins" websites, but i don't think they are looking to discuss disney.
    lol

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Send me a ticket to TDL and I'll meet some for ya.
    Well I would never rule out a free trip to Tokyo Disneyland. My generosity is very understated.

Sorry, I do not qualify or meet the above stated standards and will not be able to join the newly forming "Authorized to speak credibly about TDR" organization.
    Come on now Roger, you know I value your opinion and knowedge on the great Tokyo Disney Resort

I'm just after a different view on the Resort and how its viewed by another Nation. The main Western view is that the parks are clean and very well maintened. Cast Members are polite and provide amazing service. while the Entertainment is in another league compared to WDW and DLP. Do most Japanese Guests view it in the same way or is this just expected. Would any of them really care if OLC's standards dropped to the level of the WDC. Providing they could still meet Mickey Mouse. When you visit the parks you get the sense that everyone is having fun. So I rarely know if certain issues at the parks ever get noticed by the Japanese fans like we tend to pick up on them here.

Being serious for a moment, why aren't you encouraging those you are seeking to come out and share their thoughts and perspectives with everyone insted of trying to form your own private little network?
    I would love for them to share thoughts with us all. But for some reason that doesn't seem to happen much on any of the English TDR boards. I'm not sure if its a lack of interest or them being shy but it would be nice to be in contact either via the public boards or though other ways. I was just throwing the PM out as an option.

If you seek "authenticated" Japanese Disney friends, best bet is to learn the language and go in country to meet them in person.
    It certainly wouldn't hurt to try and learn the languege. And my trips to Tokyo are frequent enough already for it to happen. Anyone got any tips on the easiest way to pick it up. I've heard the Rosetta Stone series is meant to be rather good.

I do know of some "Japanese seeking gaijins" websites, but I don't think they are looking to discuss Disney.
    And here I was thinking every Japanese Girl's fantasy was either Mickey Mouse or Duffy. Feel free to share. Although I doubt I'll pick up on the signs if someone was wanting more than a chat about Disney. I'm useless when it comes to that sort of thing

I'm Japanese - born and raised in Japan until I was 22, but living in the US now. Does that count?

Anyway, I highly doubt you will find many Japanese jumping in here and start conversation. For one, most Japanese know Enlish pretty well, but not good enough to have meaningful conversation - especiall they won't understand slangs and abbriviations. Two, as Malin said, they are pretty shy to unknowns. Three, they won't be seeking to chat about TDR in English - why would they? They have plenty of boards in Japan to talk about TDR.

I think your best bet is for you to go to Japanese boards and start the conversation. DeepDisney has an English discussion boards as well (don't see much happening there though). If you want to start the conversation in Japanese, you can write in English with Google translation to follow. They WILL understant what you want to say.

• Not here to help

I have been thinking... how can a lousy park like WDS have a fansite when it semes like TDS doesn´t have one? If there can be a thing like a group of people that like WDS there should be 1000s of groups for TDS. But there is not a single one... that I have found. Perhaps they are in Japanese or something...
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 04-17-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

I'm Japanese - born and raised in Japan until I was 22, but living in the US now. Does that count?
    Of course it does. Feel free to share more about your time in Japan. I would assume you may have had the opportunity to visit TDR in the past while living in Japan.

I think your best bet is for you to go to Japanese boards and start the conversation. DeepDisney has an English discussion boards as well (don't see much happening there though).
    Good tip and I will repost this over in the Deep Disney board. Though I doubt it will get much interest

If you want to start the conversation in Japanese, you can write in English with Google translation to follow. They WILL understant what you want to say.
    Thanks I may give it a try too, but would prefer to try and learn the languege myself rather than use Google Translate. Using it to translate Japanese into English is confusing enough when you have words that come up making zero sense.

how can a lousy park like WDS have a fansite when it semes like TDS doesn´t have one? If there can be a thing like a group of people that like WDS there should be 1000s of groups for TDS. But there is not a single one... that I have found. Perhaps they are in Japanese or something...
    I'm not sure about TDS fansites. But they are a good number of Japanese Character websites out on the internet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I have been thinking... how can a lousy park like WDS have a fansite when it semes like TDS doesn´t have one? If there can be a thing like a group of people that like WDS there should be 1000s of groups for TDS. But there is not a single one... that I have found. Perhaps they are in Japanese or something...
    make one yourself then

I know its offtopic, but I just moved to Tokyo from Seattle and would love to talk/ interact w any Disney folks around here! Went to Disney Sea yesterday and had a great time

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by BrerLo View Post
    I know its offtopic, but I just moved to Tokyo from Seattle and would love to talk/ interact w any Disney folks around here! Went to Disney Sea yesterday and had a great time
    Hello BrerLo! It's nice to hear you had a fun time at TDS! I just sent you a pm!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove