Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel vs. Hotel MiraCosta?

In the early planning stages of a trip to Tokyo/Tokyo Disney for April next year, I know I definitely want to stay at either one of these, but I adore them both! I'm a big fan of the Victorian style Disney resorts, and TDLH looks utterly stunning inside and out, but I know MiraCosta is legendary, which would you pick?!
    Disneyland Paris: August 1999 Sante Fe - October 2000 Sante Fe - March 2002 Sante Fe - November 2010 Cheyenne
    Walt Disney World: May 2011 All Star Movies - November 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Tokyo Disney Resort: 2012 (hopefully!)

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel vs. Hotel MiraCosta?

I've stayed at and loved both. I did a split stay last time to stay in both which was very easy to do.

If I HAD to choose one it would be the MiraCosta because of the private entrance to DisneySea and a cozier atmosphere.

I have never been to TDR and I plan to go to there this summer.
    And you see, TDL Hotel is quite similar to DLP Hotel, HKDL Hotel and WDW Grand Floridian. Inside, some of the wallpapers and decorations are similar to HKDL Hotel also. Although, I think TDL Hotel is the best Disney Victorian Theme Hotel and the rooms are all new and large than Miracosta (I think). But it is the first time you go to TDR, please choose Miracosta because it's unique, legendary. You will have private entrance to TDS and it is located inside the park. If you stay at TDL Hotel, you still need to walk. Miracosta offers the Venice side room and Harbour side room. Venice side seems romantic and unique. Harbour side is the best place for viewing all daytime and nighttime shows at TDS. Imagine that you stand at the balcony watching Fantasmic and Fireworks. That sound good right!!! (Remember to book room soon to choose balcony room) But this is my only opinion... If your budget allows that you can stay at both Hotels. Hehe!!!!

• Minion FOREVER!

I would choose MiraCosta. Just because of the entrance and proximity to TDS. DLH is nice but it's still a walk from TDL (not a long one though).

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

its really not that long of a walk to Disneyland from TDL hotel and both hotels offer early entry to whatever parks turn it is . Miracosta gives that 10-15 min advantage of getting in. In regards to room size my TDL hotel room was slightly bigger with a larger bathroom.
    Both were beautiful and you cant really go wrong whichever one you choose.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I love TDLH, but Miracosta probably has just a *little* more of that "trip-of-a-lifetime" magic.^^

• Carbon based

Well, I've just booked myself but there was no Mira costa rooms left with Harbour view

So I went with a Alcove room in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Park view, upper floor, didn't do the concierge though (I heard it wasn't worth the price difference?), end of June for 4 nights...

Looking forward to it!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Have an awesome time and don't forget a trip report.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I am surprised the rooms are booked up~

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Which date? I try to book at July and it's nearly full also. They said if I book via the phone maybe i can get to room.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    Well, I've just booked myself but there was no Mira costa rooms left with Harbour view

So I went with a Alcove room in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Park view, upper floor, didn't do the concierge though (I heard it wasn't worth the price difference?), end of June for 4 nights...

Looking forward to it!

• You have much to learn...

Even though you couldn't get the rooms you wanted to- at least it's a good sign for the resort since attendance has dropped at the parks- Yet, they only account for a small amount of it's daily guests.

They never seem to have rooms available whenever I try to book the Mira Costa- you have to usually plan these things at least a year in advance, unless you get luck and happen to get a room at the right time.

Possibly since I've been to the resort so many times, I don't quite get how excited some get about having a separate entrance into the park & getting in 10 minutes early- but I guess it does help for first time visitors who haven't experienced TDR before. Still, I would like to try staying there someday.

Yeah, this is the first time I see the online reservation has some available room for Miracosta. I check in the room categories that they do offer some balcony rooms but I think almost are normal rooms right? I have never been to TDR but I can see some photos of the hotel facade that they don't have much rooms with balcony. And one problem is the bathroom of both Miracosta and Disneyland Hotel look so awful.

• Carbon based

Technically, I'm pretty happy to find some rooms (and there are quite few available) since I'll be there in two weeks Yes, TDR here I come on June 26 ! (Excited? You bet!) This ended up a late addition: we're actually going to China for a couple of weeks but reading the thread here saying that it was a pretty good time to see the park fairly empty, I added some time in Tokyo on our way to Shanghai.

Based on the dream report thread, I was initially targeting the TDLH as it does remind me of the Grand Floridian where we've had some wonderful stay before (2 years ago). But then inquiring further, I was really starting to shift to the MiraCosta...

In the end, the TDLH won because it still had some park view room (I understand we're further away, behind the monorail etc...) and my kids are young enough that they are likely to be more TDL than TDS material (again, complete wild guess assumption on my part which might end up being completely wrong... First trip there ever!) Moreover, the concept of the Alcove room was very amusing to my daughter who's looking forward to that 'Bed in the wall'

We will be there 5 days/4 nights and we'll probably look to catch Zed and do other things. I haven't bought ticket for the park or Zed yet as it is my impression that I might be able to get them easily over there. The one thing I now need to worry about is transportation from NRT to the hotel and back.

On top of that, I have a son that wants to see the Pokemon Center and a daughter looking forward to the Sanrio/Hello Kitty one... I plan on coming back alone later this year to spend some quality time in Tokyo (and hopefully in the parks again as well) so this is a scouting trip and primarily geared to my kids.

Thanks for all the help so far, looking forward to as much information as I can get!

Cheers

• Resident of the Caldera

I've stayed at all three Disney hotels, as well as the Hilton.

My two cents, in order of preference (if money is not an issue):

1. Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (a 3 minute walk to Tokyo Disneyland).

2. Disney Ambassador Hotel (the most intimate of the hotels)--you'll take the Disney Cruiser (bus) to both parks unless you want a healthy walk.

3. Miracosta. Great access to DisneySea, but the hotel has always felt cold to me, and the rooms are small.

4. Hilton Tokyo Bay: the BEST choice if you need to watch your pennies. You can stay at the Hilton for $200 a night or less, versus $450 a night at one of the Disney hotels. That leaves a LOT of scratch left over for souvenirs!

I don't know how you can compare the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to the Hong Kong Disneyland hotel, which is not kept up and the service is not nearly as good (both because it's in China). I've never been in The Disneyland Hotel in Paris, but the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is far nicer than the Grand Floridian as well (just my two cents).

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Got way to many photos to post on here but this is of Hotel Mira Costa

https://picasaweb.google.com/jefegor...eat=directlink

and by comparison

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

https://picasaweb.google.com/jefegor...NWKhZ2FxeuuswE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast