Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is three days enough for a first time visit to TDR?

Thanks 1rocky

You should visit Central Florida. WDW is a great vacation and there is so much to do, not only at WDW but on either coast too.

I asked about flights because I am researching flights from Tampa to Narita was curious to see what type of $$ you were coming up with. Right now I can only find flights around $1800 US, return flight.

flights to toyko from sydney jal return around the $1200 i will be looking for a special deal for a stopover in Tokyo and then on to beijing . i have looked at jetstar and you can get business class with them for $1200 return this is our budget airline.
    thanks for the tip about florida from pics i have seen it is awesome would also like to see different parts of florida

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic513 View Post
    Thanks 1rocky

You should visit Central Florida. WDW is a great vacation and there is so much to do, not only at WDW but on either coast too.
    I have to say that having visited Tokyo Disney resort recently, I can no longer recommend a visit to DisneyWorld. Disney World seriously lacks in many ways when compared to Tokyo Disney. There is a certain perfection and lavishness at Tokyo Disney that no park at Disney World (except for maybe the Animal Kingdom) can duplicate. The differences in quality are so vast that our planned trip to Disney World in 2012 has been scrapped and now we are planning to return to Tokyo and visit again. We were that impressed, and more so now that Disney World has disappointed us by not offering a 40th anniversary celebration. Simply not worth it.

I however would highly recommend a visit to Disneyland resort in Anahiem. Much better quality and a Disneyland park that is seriously the best in many ways. But a visit to Tokyo Disney Resort is a must for any serious disney fan.

thank you aotphks.
    Have visited disneyland for the first time this year i thought that hong kong disney was better but that is me so am now looking forward to seeing Tokyo disney.
    have already asked the Travel agent to look into it now i have heard about golden week
    thank you everyone for all your advice

• Resident of the Caldera

You thought Hong Kong Disneyland was better than the original Disneyland in Anaheim? Didn't you notice that there weren't many attractions in Hong Kong?
    No Haunted Mansion.
    No Pirates of the Caribbean.
    No Splash Mountain.
    No Big Thunder Mountain.
    No Indiana Jones Adventure.
    ?

• Surfin the net with Duffy

*faints*

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

I have yet to experience a Disney park outside of the US so I am extremely excited about seeing TDR. But I still believe a good time can be had at WDW. It may not be TDR and my opinion may change come next May but it is still a great resort with lots to offer.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1rocky View Post
    thank you aotphks.
    Have visited disneyland for the first time this year i thought that hong kong disney was better but that is me so am now looking forward to seeing Tokyo disney.
    WOW - I've never heard anyone say that before.

I've visited all of the Disney parks around the world and would place Hong Kong Disneyland last. Not because of upkeep (which seemed very good) but for its tiny size and unacceptable lack of attractions.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort really has the best maintained and staffed parks in the Disney empire. For the HUGE crowds they pull into Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, they always seem to look great.

I'd also recommend 2 days for each park.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

i think why i really like hong kong disneyland is that it was the very first time i had visited a disney park the atmosphere was amazing as christmas was only a week or so away did not know about the attractions that were missing and did not know what the others were like i think if i had seen disneyland California first it would have been different story i am looking forward to when all the construction is finished at disneyland usa then i can go back. but i have a wish to visit every disney park
    also wondering what others think would golden week in may(very busy) be a good time to visit or wait till around the 8th June (i am hoping it may be quieter) to visit Tokyo disney

Do NOT go during Golden Week! The Tokyo Disney Resort is a madhouse with very long lines at all the major attractions.

thanks fukai i have changed my holiday plans so now will be visiting Tokyo disney around 9th June is this a better time to visit.?

• Curious Explorer

I spent 3 days at the resort but took all my chances at DisneySea only, and that's still not enough. But that is if you plan on hoppin on all attractions, taking alot of pictures, and enjoying the atmosphere. DisneySea really have so much to offer. I went last year on the 9th-11th of July, and it was not crowded. There was a pretty moderate number of guests though the popular rides still take about an hour or more in line, and you still have to take time finding spots for watching shows. But overally, it was not madly packed and I think it's the perfect condition for being at DisneySea. Note that around April (I think) DisneySea will open their new Toy's Story Midway Mania ride, so we can predict there'll probably be an increase in guests from that date onward.
    As for the Disneyland, I haven't visitted that in seven years so I don't really know how crowded it'll be these days. But DL is always popular. Especially the one in Tokyo is in my opinion, one of the best DL which have most of the park's signature attractions.

thanks signor GC for the info

Yes, June 9th is much better. Probably a little wetter since you're getting into the rainy season, but the parks will certainly be less crowded. Have a great time!

thank you fukai

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12