Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Tokyo DisneySea short films

Hey Guys...

So, i just found these short films on YouTube, and i wanted to share them with you. Has anyone heard of these? If you have, tell me what you think. Thanks.

Sea of Dreams Short Film 1 - English Fan-Sub (1/2) - YouTube

*There are five videos in all, each in two parts.
    -Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on MiceChat.

Facebook <Feel Free to add me, just say you're from Micechat.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Tokyo DisneySea short films

These videos were used as part of the promotion for DisneySea's 5th Anniversary. The videos you linked to were uploaded by Zeekslider who's a regular contributor on here. I have the full set of videos on DVD which was available to purchase at the park.

• Become part of MY world!

I haven't seen the ones you've posted yet, but I'm pretty sure those are the ones I saw 5 years ago when I was a teen, it's what really got me into DisneySEA and how I actually found out about them, they are so cute and heartfelt. Really wonderful pieces!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• The Darkness to Light

Hey! That's my video! Wow, I'm surprised they're still making the rounds. I thought by now people have already seen them and my lousey subtitling.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

On the contrary, great job with the titles, ZeekSlider! I watched them twice each just to see the character's stories cross paths where I missed them the first time. As a relatively new devotee to the Tokyo Disney Resorts (though I've never been) do you know if these DVDs ever made it to consumers outside the parks? I looked for them on Amazon Japan and Ebay with no luck.
    I wonder if another set of cinemas will be released with the 10th Anniversary?
    Thanks for the subtitles Zeekslider and for bringing them to our attention (again) Jo4brains1!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Loved these videos! There were a few parts that made me laugh.

Yea, I started watching them again, just finished the 3rd one, the first one made me cry! Haha, hey Zeekslider, I know this may be too much to ask, but is there anyway to re-upload the videos? They are all out of sync, and I know it may not be noticeable to some because of the different language, but to me, it's very noticeable! haha, I'm so compulsive. Well if you can that would be great! Thanks again for uploading these amazing videos and adding subtitles to them so those of us who don't speak Japanese can understand. Greatly appreciated!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by stingybreadboy View Post
    On the contrary, great job with the titles, ZeekSlider! I watched them twice each just to see the character's stories cross paths where I missed them the first time. As a relatively new devotee to the Tokyo Disney Resorts (though I've never been) do you know if these DVDs ever made it to consumers outside the parks? I looked for them on Amazon Japan and Ebay with no luck.
    I wonder if another set of cinemas will be released with the 10th Anniversary?
    Thanks for the subtitles Zeekslider and for bringing them to our attention (again) Jo4brains1!
    They never released the DVD for out-of-country sale, mostly because they are specifically region coded for Japan. So unless you have a region-free DVD player, you won't be able to import it and view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Yea, I started watching them again, just finished the 3rd one, the first one made me cry! Haha, hey Zeekslider, I know this may be too much to ask, but is there anyway to re-upload the videos? They are all out of sync, and I know it may not be noticeable to some because of the different language, but to me, it's very noticeable! haha, I'm so compulsive. Well if you can that would be great! Thanks again for uploading these amazing videos and adding subtitles to them so those of us who don't speak Japanese can understand. Greatly appreciated!
    I'm trying to figure that part out. I still have the original, but they are set at rate where I can copy them to a DVD (if I can ever get my butt out there to buy a Duel-Layer DVD since the DVD I want to create is too big for the DVD+/-R's I have).

If you know how I can upload those without the audio sync messing up, please let me know. I haven't used YouTube for anything like those shorts in a long time.

• The Darkness to Light

To anyone else that are just now finding these shorts, I figured out what was wrong with the audio sync and reuploaded them. Thankfully, my loyalty with YouTube has won me the ability to post videos longer than 15 minutes, so the shorts are now on my channel in their uncut form.

Things seem to be working fine, so if you want to update your favorites or whatever, use this link.

Sea of Dreams - YouTube

Again, it's a nice surprise to find out that people are still finding my subtitling efforts even after 4 to 5 years since I originally uploaded them. It was quite the encouragement I needed to finally fix the audio issue.

I can not thank you enough for reuploading the videos! And they're even better than ever! The quality of the video is definitely improved and there's no breaks which gets you into the story more, really, great job! and very much appreciated!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thank goodness, I freaked out when I tried to finish watching and it said it had been removed!!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• The Darkness to Light

Heh, that explains why the last short film is leading in hits last I checked.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

ZeekSlider, you rock! Thanks for doing this in the first place, and for reuploading now. I've seen these films many times, but it'll be fun to see them again with subtitles.

Thank you so much ZeekSlider. Loved the videos. I just loved how as opposed to some cheap kid-oriented sing along, they actually showed a side to Disney that i never saw before. I wish that someone would bring out this side at Disneyland one day. I hope to see it much more often. Those films were so deep.
    -Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on MiceChat.

Facebook <Feel Free to add me, just say you're from Micechat.

• The Darkness to Light

They tried something similar to these films in the 90's with those commercials, but they were still family-oriented and sugary sweet.

The only one I remember is the one from the then-new Disney Cruise line where a little girl was talking to a stranger about how much fun she had with the Disney Cruise experience in front of her parents. It ended with her pointing to her baby bother and her line being "That's my little brother, but mommy and daddy call him 'our little souvineer.'"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast