Does Tokyo Disneyland have an entrance plaque?

I was just wondering (particularly as there's no Main Street Station) whether TDL has an entrance plaque equivalent to Disneyland's "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"? I only know about the dedication plaque.

Thanks for the help MiceChatters!

Beastly Kingdom
    ? Sci-fi City? Pirateland? Port Disney? Discovery Bay?
    My website: The Neverland Files - all about Disney projects that never got built!
    My blog: Disneyology - Imagineering news and commentary!

Re: Does Tokyo Disneyland have an entrance plaque?

No, there is no plaque at TDL, and as far as I know..neither does Disney World's Magic Kingdom or Disneyland Paris. However, Hong Kong Disneyland *does* have the same plaque as Disneyland CA, since that park's Main Street USA is a very detailed clone of the CA one.

Tokyo Disneyland does have a Roy and Minnie statue to the left of World Bazaar entrance, similar to the one at the Magic Kingdom, and a Partners statue at the hub's end of World Bazaar and their dedication plaque is located at Partners.

Thanks Aotphks, I think that means Tokyo is the only Magic Kingdom style park not to have a plaque. I do actually know that all the others have one - Magic Kingdom's is the same text as Disneyland's only it's circular with different text formatting, while Disneyland Paris has one in both French and English, changing the text to "Here you leave today and enter worlds of history, discovery and ageless fantasy". And as you say, Hong Kong has Disneyland's plaque, only with a Chinese translation squeezed onto it too.

Wonder why Tokyo is the only park not to have one.

Beastly Kingdom
    My website: The Neverland Files - all about Disney projects that never got built!

• Not here to help

I wonder why HDKL doesn´t have a Walt statue...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

No, but that's because Tokyo Disneyland does not have a perimeter railroad or a "berm" to pass under, so there is no bridge area where it would be placed. There's the Western River Railroad, which even includes "Primeval World," but there's no railway that goes around the park. But the Disney magic there is so impeccable, that you really don't miss that "scene setting." I actually love the entrance to World Bazaar because, in an odd way, it feels like you are walking through the "front door" of Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseketeerCole View Post
    Thanks Aotphks, I think that means Tokyo is the only Magic Kingdom style park not to have a plaque. I do actually know that all the others have one - Magic Kingdom's is the same text as Disneyland's only it's circular with different text formatting, while Disneyland Paris has one in both French and English, changing the text to "Here you leave today and enter worlds of history, discovery and ageless fantasy". And as you say, Hong Kong has Disneyland's plaque, only with a Chinese translation squeezed onto it too.

Wonder why Tokyo is the only park not to have one.
    Oh! That's interesting. Are we talking about the plaque on the archway that is seen below the train track as visitors walk under the Main Street station tunnels, right? I did not see one of those in Tokyo Disneyland and honestly do not recall seeing one in Disneyland Paris either, and after visiting Disney World a few times, I don't recall seeing that plaque at the Magic Kingdom either if memory serves me well. I have seen the dedication plaques at all parks, including Tokyo. Can you please tell us the exact spots where these other plaques can be found at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Paris? Any pictures of these? Thank you.

Sure thing! This is Magic Kingdom's:

Name:  1558529115_505d8d4260.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  98.2 KB

It's actually located in the same (relative) position as Disneyland's plaque (above the center of the tunnels), directly above the center column that Magic Kingdom's tunnels have but Disneyland does not. A reason you may have missed it is that it's regularly covered up by special events and annual promotion banners (sacrilege, I know), for example:

Name:  P01-0004.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  124.4 KB

And as for Disneyland Paris:

Name:  5879504683_f5ff58d0ba.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  130.9 KB

This plaque has the most unique positioning. Rather than being above the tunnel (Paris has three), it's been moved to the side, on the columns supporting the tunnel. This photo shows where they're positioned (the person in red has their head right next to the plaque, and there's another in the same position on the column to the left):

Name:  plaque1-593x225.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  47.9 KB

And just for the sake of completeness, Disneyland's:

Name:  800px-Disneyland_plaque-300x202.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  22.6 KB

And Hong Kong Disneyland's:

Name:  HongKongDisneylandPlaque.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  60.6 KB

Beastly Kingdom

• Minion FOREVER!

Drat.... I'm pretty sure that TDL has a plaque...I think I've seen it, but don't remember where... it's not in the usual location, like on a side somewhere.... Even TDS has one.

Oh, that's the dedication plaque, not the entrance one...

TDL's dedication one is in front of the Walt's statue apparently...

Sorry for the false alarm.
    Last edited by nish221; 09-13-2011 at 11:32 AM.

• Shubisha

Yeah I don't think Magic Kingdom's has been on display in the last 5 years =P

Thank you MouseketeerCole for posting those pictures.. I appreciate learning from you all about the Disney parks.. and this is good information to know and things to look for when visiting. Very informative.