Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Christmas Discussion

With Christmas being the next Event after Halloween I have decided to post a thread to discuss the upcoming Event at both parks. Feel free to share images, links and news.

It looks like the Its A Small World Holiday overlay has been cut from this years line up. Since its not listed on the attraction schedule for ride closures.

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Re: Christmas Discussion

I'm goin' to DisneySEA this Christmas!~

I hope TDS does not cut their Christmas events this year like they did Halloween :-(

Also I hope TDL gets a new parade, or at least a new soundtrack.

i wonder if the post-quake revenue has something to do with the omission of Small World Holiday. I see they are still doing Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare & Jingle Bell Jamboree (you japanese are so lucky to still get the bears xmas show)

• You have much to learn...

I hope the OLC releases some more information soon- Has anyone heard about any changes to the original Holiday offerings that was posted much earlier this year?

I hope they don't cut things out like they did for Halloween. I believe it's Christmas Fantasy, with the parade & I assume the new Dreamlights and Christmas Wishes with the show similar to last year in TDS.

They at one time posted the different themed trees would be back like last year, but am wondering if that had changed since we now have the themed Sorcerer hats- Would they still be doing the themed trees & if they do, I hope they don't remove the Sorcerer hats since I haven't seen them in person either yet.

If anyone hears any info, it would be greatly be appreciated since I want to start beginning anticipation for my trip.

Thumbs up Re: Christmas Discussion

This is from a press release that came out on 8/12; I'm surprised it hasn't been posted already. If you spread it around, I'd like to be credited and a link back here to MiceChat. This took me pretty much all day to translate. There is no English info about these events posted anywhere online at the time of this post, so if it suddenly starts popping up everywhere, we know where you got the tip! Christmas events will last 49 days, from November 7 until December 25. I am possibly more excited about both themes than any Christmas ever! Disney's Santa Village seems about a hundred kinds of awesome!^^

At Disneyland:

CHRISTMAS FANTASY

This year's theme is the unique village home of Santa Claus. Guests can enjoy a new parade and decorations throughout the main plaza and the rest of the park to fully immerse themselves in the world of the Disney's Santa Village. The Disney's Santa Village Parade which debuts this year will feature our favorite Disney friends on floats decorated with the shining colors of Christmas. Get ready to enjoy this Christmas Fantasy!

At DisneySEA:

CHRISTMAS WISHES

Tokyo DisneySEA continues its 10th Anniversary with Christmas Wishes, an event that celebrates the various themes and special charms of the Seven Ports of Call. Waterfront Park will be decorated with a "Christmas Wishes" theme and the stage show Christmas Wishes will be performed here. There will also be an all-new Christmas greeting show at Lido Isle called Christmas Wrapped in Ribbon, featuring our Disney friends celebrating each of the seven ports and dancing together.

Tokyo Disneyland "Christmas Fantasy"

ENTERTAINMENT

Disney's Santa Village Parade
    Parade Route
    Twice-daily, 45 minutes
    In this year's debut of "Disney's Santa Village Parade," the Disney gang get to work with Santa Claus in a Christmas parade full of fantasy. Mickey and friends, along with Santa Claus make preparations for Christmas. The parade is led by the tiny fairy elves who live in Santa's Village. The first float is the Post Office. Donald and Daisy Duck are doing the hard work of sorting letters Santa has received from all over the world. Next comes Marie and friends, making sweets on a Candy House float. They're followed by Pluto in his Candy Doghouse. Next is the grand arrival of Mickey and Minnie on their great Christmas tree float, with a singing chorus of Christmas carols! Following them are Goofy and Max, enjoying the fun of playing in the snow. Then Chip and Dale come out with presents before the last float which features Santa Claus preparing gifts for children. There will be three parade stops. Come clap and sing Christmas songs with your Disney friends and other Guests to celebrate the coming of Christmas!

☆ Twinkle Christmas Castle Ring
    Castle Forecourt
    From time to time after sunset, about 4 minutes each performance.
    Since "Twinkle Ring Christmas Castle" was so well received last year, we're offering another medley of Christmas songs and colorful lights as Santa Claus and toys project onto Cinderella Castle in a whimsical Christmas motif. The added illusion of "snow" attracts a romantic moment.

☆ Star Bright Christmas
    Park-wide
    Once-daily, about 5 minutes
    Fireworks in Christmas colors of red and green displayed with songs of Christmas, inspired by stars and bells. Come light up the night sky with fantasy-filled moments of a pleasant evening spent with friends and family.

Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dream Lights - Christmas Version
    Parade Route
    Once daily, 45 minutes
    Night parade of light and sound was renewed in July, "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dream Lights" is dramatically enhanced for a limited time Christmas display of color and light! Come see Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their glittering costumes for Christmas!

☆ Other
    Super Duper Jumpin' Time will have a lovely Christmas tree onstage. Come sing along with Christmas songs and play with Disney kids! Super duper dancing fun!

In World Bazaar, enjoy the Tokyo Disneyland Band and Bicycle Pianist. Many entertainers play Christmas songs to create an atmosphere of Christmas excitement.

Super Duper Jumpin' Time - Christmas Version starts November 1 (Tuesday).
    ※ All entertainment programs, performances and times subject to change and may be modified or discontinued due to weather and other circumstances.

DECORATION
    Cinderella Castle Plaza is transformed into Disney's Santa Village! The two towers will be decorated for Christmas, as well as the entrance gate which will now welcome us to Santa's Village. The central hub will feature Mickey Mouse getting ready for Christmas, plus more photo spots showing Donald working at the post office and the Disney gang working with their fellow elves, having fun preparing to spread the Christmas cheer! In addition, special event food booths will sell Christmas-themed snacks unique to Disney Plaza. The atmosphere of Santa's Village will fill the plaza!

In addition, the 15-meter decorated Christmas tree will be displayed proudly in the middle of World Bazaar, featuring many beautiful decorations and colorful illumination. Enjoy a colorful Christmas at Tokyo Disneyland!

SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS
    ☆ Disney Gallery Disney Drawing Class Christmas Version
    Have fun learning to draw Mickey Mouse in a Santa suit. (¥500, takes about 30 minutes).

☆ Other Special Programs
    Two park attractions will hold a special Christmas program for a limited time:
    • Haunted Mansion "Holiday Nightmare"
      September 4, 2011 until January 4, 2012

• Country Bear Theater "Jingle Bell Jamboree"
      November 1 until December 27, 2011
    SPECIAL ITEMS
    Mickey and Minnie Mouse plush in "Disney's Santa Village" design, the annual Christmas plate painting, Santa Village Post Office-inspired stamp sheet and postcards. There will be about 90 more pieces of Christmas merchandise exclusive to Tokyo Disneyland.

Approximately 110 additional items will be shared between Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySEA. This year we welcome Snowmen Huey, Dewey, Louie and Donald Duck, as well as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, of course! This motif will appear on a variety of Christmas items, along with the new Strawberry Gingerbread Minnie Mouse looking pretty in pink!

※ Special goods, November 1 (Tuesday) pre-sale.
    ※ Items are available in limited quantities and may sell out.

SPECIAL MENU
    East Side Cafe and Blue Bayou Restaurant as well as 19 other park eateries will offer special Christmas treats. The "Disney's Santa Village" lunch set is even served in a specially-designed case! At the special event booths in the Forecourt Plaza, get a taste of Christmas with "Disney's Santa Village" souvenir cups and dessert plates featuring your favorite Disney friends. Also debuting this year, the shiny new "Santa Boot" popcorn bucket is sure to kick off a fun-filled holiday season!

※ Special menu items, November 1 (Tuesday) pre-sale.

OTHER
    During the Christmas event, letters submitted to the mail box in Tokyo Disneyland (except New Year cards) will be postmarked with a "Disney's Santa Village" original stamp.

Tokyo DisneySEA "Christmas Wishes"

ENTERTAINMENT

Christmas Wishes
    Waterfront Park Special Stage
    Four times daily, 25 minutes approx.
    Join the Disney gang and Christmas fairies as they cast a spell again this year in this fantastic revue-style show. Charming dance performance and lots of upbeat, classic fun unfolds with our funny Santa Claus and Snowmen. Mickey and friends each make a wish to be granted by the Christmas fairies. One by one, the Christmas fairies grant the wishes. In the end, they all realize that their deepest Christmas wish is to be together with loved ones. Come celebrate the season with Mickey Mouse and the magic of the Christmas-harbinger fairies! This holiday spectacular features 20 dazzling line dancers, "stained glass" lighting to set the mood, and a grand finale with a dancing human Christmas tree ten feet high!

※ Tickets to show must be won in lottery from the Biglietteria near Gondolier Snacks in Mediterranean Harbor.

Christmas Wrapped in Ribbon
    Lido Aisle
    Twice-daily, 20 minutes
    This greeting show celebrates the 10th anniversary of Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea with Mickey Mouse and our best Disney friends who bring us seven gifts, gathered from each port of call. Characters will be dressed in Christmas costumes, with variations on the theme for each port. It's a colorful, magical Christmas!

First to take the stage will be Minnie Mouse and Duffy from Cape Cod Village in American Waterfront. Dancing in reverie to the Irish music, we feel the peaceful atmosphere of Cape Cod Christmas! One by one, Disney characters invoke all seven ports of call through song and dance.

In the grand finale, everyone dances to the 10th Anniversary "Be Magical!" theme song, using seven colored ribbons to form a vibrant Christmas tree!

»Characters and Themed Ports«

Mediterranean Harbor
    Mickey Mouse

American Waterfront
    Minnie Mouse, Duffy

Port Discovery
    Chip & Dale

Lost River Delta
    Donald and Daisy Duck

Arabian Coast
    Genie

Mermaid Lagoon
    Ariel and Prince Eric

Mysterious Island
    Goofy and Pluto

☆ Big Band Beat - Christmas Special -
    Broadway Music Theatre
    4-5 times daily, 30 minutes
    The world of swing jazz were energetic young people from the 1920s through the 1940s put on a fashionable live show, complete with a big band. In addition to the thrilling swing classics and brilliant dance moves, this special version features added scenes and performances of Christmas Medleys.
    It also features special guest stars Goofy and Donald Duck, as well as Mickey and Minnie Mouse dancing to a sweet love song! Romantic dances, magical snowfall, and a Christmas big finale featuring the lovely Santa Girls make this one show that can't be beat!

☆ Star Bright Christmas
    Park-wide
    Once-daily, about 5 minutes
    Fireworks in Christmas colors of red and green displayed with songs of Christmas, inspired by stars and bells. Come light up the night sky with fantasy-filled moments of a pleasant evening spent with friends and family.

☆ Other
    "Ariel's Greeting Grotto"
    Come meet Ariel in her splendid Christmas cape.

Also stay on the lookout for the "Fun Custodians," who have some special Christmas twists up their sleeves. Their performances of mime and magic delight Guests at random times and locations throughout the day. Catch them if you're lucky!

※ All entertainment programs, performances and times subject to change and may be modified or discontinued due to weather and other circumstances.

SPECIAL ITEMS
    "Christmas Wishes"-inspired Mickey and Minnie Mouse plush, plus about 60 more merchandise items exclusive to Tokyo DisneySEA.

The 10th Anniversary special item "Your Magical Wand" will offer special Christmas parts, optional Tree or Bell.

Duffy and Shellie May will have about 30 kinds of merchandise, featuring a new Christmas costume design, of course! Guests can also meet Duffy at the "Cape Cod Village Greeting Place" to see him don his new holiday apparel.

Approximately 110 additional items will be shared between Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySEA. This year we welcome Snowmen Huey, Dewey, Louie and Donald Duck, as well as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, of course! This motif will appear on a variety of Christmas items, along with the new Strawberry Gingerbread Minnie Mouse looking pretty in pink!

※ Special goods, November 1 (Tuesday) pre-sale.

SPECIAL MENU
    Magellan's, Ristorante di Canaletto, and SS Columbia Dining Room will offer special Christmas meal courses and buffet. Mamma Biscotti's Bakery will offer a "Christmas Wish" souvenir cup, dessert plate, and lunch set with case, each sold separately. The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge serves special Christmas cocktails. Cape Cod Cook-Off will sell limited Christmas souvenir cups and dessert plates featuring Duffy and Shellie May. About 20 different eateries throughout the park will offer seasonal holiday treats.
    ※ Special menu items, November 1 (Tuesday) pre-sale.
    ※ Duffy and Shellie May souvenir cup and dessert plates start November 4 (Friday) pre-sale.

DECORATION
    Each Port has its own tree, each made with the warm wishes of Disney friends and decorated with various objects inspired by its unique Port. The tallest tree, towering 15 meters high, can be found in front of the SS Columbia luxury liner decorated with the 10th anniversary logo. At night the trees light up and shine bright with everyone's collected Christmas wishes! Enjoy this heartwarming atmosphere with the people you love.

«Christmas Trees and Wishes»

Mediterranean Harbor

Mickey Mouse
    Natural Fir Tree with Mickey-shaped ornament, its shining light warms the night.
    "Spend a romantic Christmas with someone special."

American Waterfront, Cape Cod
    Minnie Mouse, Duffy and Shellie May
    Pretty Tree with ornaments and large ribbons, glows with the warmth of Cape Cod Christmas.
    "May everyone feel loved and warm."

Port Discovery
    Chip & Dale
    Snow Crystal Tree dreamed up by Port Discovery scientists, shines like light reflected on snow at night.
    "We want a white Christmas!"

Lost River Delta
    Donald Duck and Daisy Duck
    This Natural Knitted Tree is fantastically lit up with criss-crossing streams of colorful hanging lanterns.
    "Fortune favor the explorers!"

Arabian Coast
    Genie
    The central fountain is transformed into a Golden Tree by the magical lamp.
    "Happy winter holidays with great friends!"

Mermaid Lagoon
    Ariel
    This Coral Tree is pink and feminine with sparkling ornaments and illuminated pearls.
    "Dress to impress!"

Mysterious Island
    Goofy and Pluto
    Crystal Tree discovered in deep-earth excavation with Captain Nemo, emits changing colors of light.
    "Show people the beauty and wonder of nature."
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-05-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks DuffyDaisuki for the info & the time you spent on translating it for us- I didn't recall hearing anything before about this- just the initial info reported at the beginning of the year- I hope they don't strip it down like they did to much of the Halloween events. Hopefully not, since the parks seem to be returning to somewhat normal attendance levels.

I still hope they incorporate the trees into TDS and leave the Sorcerer hats in place as well- but time will tell.

Apparently It's a Small World with holiday layover was cut, but everything else at TDL sounds awesome! The Sorcerer Hats are in different places from where the trees go; I'm thinking they'll all be there. You're lucky. I've been very sick today and couldn't leave bed, so I did this!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for that big translation job, DuffyDaisuki, it's appreciated. It sounds like things will be similar, but different at TDS. I'lm looking forward to seeing what they do. I think Deep Disney had pictures of the stage being set for "Christmas Wishes". I can't wait to see the 30 Duffy and Shellie May items.

• I also like Stitch!

Oy. I'm gonna spend a fortune on costumes and getting a Shelly May for Christmas.
    EDIT: I think they are just taking The Seven Lights of Christmas and putting it in Med. Harbor for Christmas Wrapped in a Bow

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thank you so much for taking your whole day to translate. I think you meant meters not feet in terms of the christmas tree size. The greeting show sounds like a mix seven lights of Christmas and the traditional greeting show.
    Last edited by TravisMT81; 10-05-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I must first thank DuffyDaisuki for taking the massive effort in translating everything into English. I have been waiting for ages to recieve more details on this years Christmas Event. Earlier this year I took the decision to change my trip to Tokyo because I had heard things were going to be cut for Halloween. And I had already seen Disney's Halloween Street "Welcome to Spookyville" last year. So I made the decision to move the date over to November and check out the Christmas season for the first time. Something I am not regreting after reading everything the Resort has in store for its Guests this year.

The Santa Village concept sounds interesting and will hopely give us a great new parade. A lot of the Christmas entertainment will be new for me including Big Band Beat. I also can't wait to see what Duffy merchandise will be released.

DuffyDaisuki I will be at the parks on November the 9th to 11th and on the 16th and 17th. If I can help you in anyway in collecting merchandise for your excellent shopping service let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    ...I think you meant meters not feet in terms of the christmas tree size...
    Funnily enough, I actually kept scratching my head thinking, "But wait...I'm sure it was taller than that!" I forgot that I had used an auto-translation to help with the base and how much that mucks things up. I'm gonna take refuge and play the "sick card!"^^

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    ...I also can't wait to see what Duffy merchandise will be released.

DuffyDaisuki I will be at the parks on November the 9th to 11th and on the 16th and 17th. If I can help you in anyway in collecting merchandise for your excellent shopping service let me know.
    Thanks, Malin! I may just take you up on that. It does seem like a great line-up for a first-time TDR Christmas. I have high hopes for the Santa Village; I love that they're all gonna be working with Santa and the elves! Haven't planned the Christmas trip yet. ...Oops! Back to work now!

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I must first thank DuffyDaisuki for taking the massive effort in translating everything into English. I have been waiting for ages to recieve more details on this years Christmas Event. Earlier this year I took the decision to change my trip to Tokyo because I had heard things were going to be cut for Halloween. And I had already seen Disney's Halloween Street "Welcome to Spookyville" last year. So I made the decision to move the date over to November and check out the Christmas season for the first time. Something I am not regreting after reading everything the Resort has in store for its Guests this year.

The Santa Village concept sounds interesting and will hopely give us a great new parade. A lot of the Christmas entertainment will be new for me including Big Band Beat. I also can't wait to see what Duffy merchandise will be released.

I'll also probably be in the parks around the same time. Feel free to PM me Malin if you want to meet up for a bit or for lunch one of the days =)

Though I haven't booked a flight yet, I'm hopefully there from 11/6-11/13- Just dont' know where I'll be just yet- I've been thinking about possibly flying to Hong Kong to check out HKDL but the Halloween stuff will be over there & the Christmas stuff won't have started yet & I think after visiting TDR, Hong Kong will be a bit of a letdown. I haven't bee there yet, but hope to get there someday.

Thanks again DuffyDaisuki- hope you're feeling better

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast