Bus Service to Resort

When landing at NRT, I've always used a bus service to get to the Resort. However, I've always landed after the last departure of the direct bus (the one featured on the TDR website), so I've taken a bus to a nearby hotel and taken a taxi. My question is--is there an actual Disney bus that goes to the Resort? Or is it another company that just makes a stop there? And if I'm getting the bus that goes directly to the Resort do I go to the same bus counter there at arrivals to purchase a ticket or is it a special alternate counter?

• You have much to learn...

Re: Bus Service to Resort

There aren't any particular Disney owned & operated busses from the airport- you have to use one of the airport bus services- I've always gotten lucky and arrived before the last scheduled bus which is around 5:10 or 5:20pm- I found a link for one of the airport services Tokyo Disney Resort Area Hotels - Narita Airport | Scheduled Bus Services | Airport Limousine Bus

This is pretty good- otherwise just do a search for the Narita bus service

Hope this helps

that answered my question. Yes, it is the Limousine Bus service that I've taken before to nearby hotels--so good to know that it goes to TDR as well and that it isn't two separate buses. thanks.

With time to spare, I would do the local trains and save money... of course, with baggage in tow, it may be better to take the bus.

• Resident of the Caldera

The friend who is traveling with me came in very late last Thursday and we missed the last bus. With several very large suitcases, the only option was a cab. I'd been dreading this possibility for years. Found a cabbie hanging around in the terminal trying to scare up customers. He wanted 24,450 yen to take us to the Hilton Tokyo Bay. I talked him down to 20,000 without much problem. So, about $225 for the cab ride. GAK! Hated to waste the money, but had no choice. The upside was that the guy drove quickly and we made it in about 35 minutes.

Holy Cow!
    Looking forward to the bus!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The friend who is traveling with me came in very late last Thursday and we missed the last bus. With several very large suitcases, the only option was a cab. I'd been dreading this possibility for years. Found a cabbie hanging around in the terminal trying to scare up customers. He wanted 24,450 yen to take us to the Hilton Tokyo Bay. I talked him down to 20,000 without much problem. So, about $225 for the cab ride. GAK! Hated to waste the money, but had no choice. The upside was that the guy drove quickly and we made it in about 35 minutes.
    That is just too bad, especially when you can make the same trip on the local trains for under 1,000 yen one way.. but travel time is about 75-80 mins. The day we did this, there were lots of people in the train with bags in tow. I guess it depends on how much luggage you bring but frankly? If I was in the predicament after missing the bus, the train would be my preferred option. Taxis are quick but it's a waste of money...and at Tokyo Disney Resort, you need all the money in the world to eat, shop and enjoy..and that is where I would choose to spend it.

I carry two large hard-sided suitcases (the largest size allowable), plus a roller, plus a personal computer bag. It would be impossible to negotiate the trains with all of that. So, yeah, it REALLY sucked!

Whatcha gonna do? Life goes on. Can't let it ruin your vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I carry two large hard-sided suitcases (the largest size allowable), plus a roller, plus a personal computer bag. It would be impossible to negotiate the trains with all of that. So, yeah, it REALLY sucked!

Whatcha gonna do? Life goes on. Can't let it ruin your vacation.
    Or your wallet!!! Especially in a country where the currency exchange rate basically makes it more expensive for us westerners.. But I will admit, we are a family of 4 and do not pack as much luggage as you say you did when we go on our yearly holidays.

I don't pack much at all going ... my bags are pretty much empty except for some clothing and a lot of bubblewrap. But they're full when I come BACK.