Hilton Tokyo Bay "breakfast included" question

Hello,

Has anyone every taken advantage of the Hilton Tokyo Bay room rates that include the breakfast buffet? If so, I was curious as to what time they start serving the buffet in the morning.

It appears as though the Hilton has a 30% prepay rate going right now that includes breakfast and the rate is only 100 more per night than the complete prepay in full rate so I may be willing to secure this rate if I still can.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Carmen

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Hilton Tokyo Bay "breakfast included" question

The breakfast buffet is great if you like a Japanese style breakfast: lots of fish, meat, and weird goo. For the rest of us, it's runny scrambled eggs and tough pancakes. I only at it once a few years ago ($35!) and decided that would be my last culinary adventure. I love the hotel, but there are much better food options all over the resort.

Here are a few pictures from our June trip (I hope the photos show up correctly). The breakfast price is pretty expensive, but we were lucky because my husband is a Hilton Platinum member so breakfast was included in our room rate. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have paid for it. However, it is a fun experience to see and taste the different dishes that the Japanese clientele like. We did stick mostly with muffins, pastries, fruit, etc. I think breakfast started at 7am?? We had plenty of time to get to the park for rope drop. There is a small shop in the Tokyo Hilton Bay lobby that sells muffins, etc. if you want a quick breakfast. If I remember correctly, that shop opens before the Starbucks opens.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01975.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01974.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01973.jpg

Thanks everyone. I am not one for "weird goo" for breakfast but being that this will be my first trip to Japan I am willing to try anything once.

@Sanstress - thanks for the pictures. I think I see at least one thing I can eat!!
    Actually the rate is pretty good and with only the 30% prepay (vs prepay in full) it is quite appealing compared to the regular rates.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

If I recall correctly breakfast was 6-1o in the main restaurant and 6:30 to 10:30 in the lounge (if they set it up - depends on crowds).

But it was expensive and just OK. I've had some great breakfasts at Hiltons - this wasn't one of them.

I've just got back from the Hilton Tokyo Bay (I was there 17th-21st October) and my rate included breakfast. For breakfast you get a choice of eating in the 'Square' (which by night is a collection of different restaurants, but they all serve the same buffet for breakfast) or the lobby lounge. I only ate in the Square. I think that the Square was open from 6.30am until 10am (or it might have been 10.30am), and the lobby lounge was 7am till 10am or 10.30am.

There was lots to choose from - lots of Japanese stuff (which I didn't really investigate) but also lots of Western food. I thought it was pretty good - in fact on this trip I stayed at 6 different hotels and this was by far the best breakfast. There was scrambled eggs (a little runny, but that's how I like them), freshly cooked fried eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, french beans with bacon, sweetcorn and peas (a little unusual for breakfast, but it worked!), waffles with syrup etc, all sorts of pastries etc. The selection seemed slightly different each day. All in all I really enjoyed it. If I was going back, I would book the rate with breakfast again (and I'm not really a breakfast person).

Hi Steve76
    Thanks for the great info about the breakfast. I am sure it will work out with finding something that appeals to me and my partner and hearing that breakfast starts at 6:30 is a plus. Maybe I will even try the Japanese offerings. This will be my first trip to Japan and I cannot wait. May 2012 cannot get here soon enough.

How were your days at the parks?

• Resident of the Caldera

There are other choices at the Hilton for breakfast if you want a quick bite in your room. There is a very well-stocked convenience store as well as a separate bakery (and a Starbucks, too). I usually buy a couple of pastries the night before and have a quick breakfast in the room before heading out to the parks. That gives me at least an extra 40 minutes of sleep (and when you need to be on line at the gate 40 minutes before the park opens, that's a real nice 40 minutes!).

The best items can be found at the bakery.

Thanks Fukai. I am sure we will figure out what works best but since we are paying for the breakfast I know we will use it. Plus a 6:30 breakfast start will give us plenty of time to get our day rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic513 View Post

How were your days at the parks?
    The trip was great, thanks. It was my first time in Tokyo Disney, and I really enjoyed the resort, especially DisneySea. That park is amazing. I also loved how easy it is to get around the resort (compared with WDW) with everything in close proximity. The Hilton was great for that reason - it's so quick and easy to nip back to your room (which I did a couple of times to get my coat!). I even walked from Disneyland one evening. I'll try to put up a short trip report soon.

Sounds great Steve. This will be our first time time too. Cannot wait and I look forward to your report. Thanks again for the info.