• Resident of the Caldera

New 10th Anniversary Tokyo DisneySEA DVDs and Blu-Ray Coming on January 18

• Lemony Goodness

Re: New 10th Anniversary Tokyo DisneySEA DVDs and Blu-Ray Coming on January 18

Thanks for the update, Fukai! BluRay+DisneySEA= Beautiful

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I really need to get a region-free DVD player sometime.

Thanks Fukai! I put the blu-ray in my Amazon cart-although it will be still a few months. I love how Japanese and American blu-rays are region A!

aimster, you can buy a region-free DVD player for about $35 online. That will allow you to watch all the DVDs from the Tokyo Disney Resort!

Thanks for letting us know about this upcoming release, Fukai!

Is this anything like the old 'A Day at the Disneyland' videos?
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    aimster, you can buy a region-free DVD player for about $35 online. That will allow you to watch all the DVDs from the Tokyo Disney Resort!
    Once I find a job I'll look into that. Otherwise it might go on my wishlist to Santa.

They're more likely to be along the lines of the DVDs released for the 20th and 25th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland. One of the DVDs will probably be an overall view of the park, while the other will probably have some full-length shows. For the 5th anniversary of DisneySEA, they did a two-DVD set with one DVD an overall view of the park, and the second DVD show lots of the detailed back stories WDI creates for the attractions.

• I also like Stitch!

If anyone gets this, please post vids of the second disk on here, I don't think I would be able to import the BlueRay in from Japan.

^^Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Fukai! Do you know if there will be subtitles in English?
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

What a wonderful souvenir DVD to collect!!! I will look for that during our next visit to Tokyo Disney this coming spring time.
    But I have to say.. DisneySea has been opened for only a decade and merits a TWO-disc DVD set? So I beg to ask.. when will we fans be able to enjoy a special DVD programme from the FOUR parks, TWO water parks, TWENTY-FIVE Plus hotels and Downtown Disney's 40th anniversary Disney World event??

---------- Post added 10-25-2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    ^^Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Fukai! Do you know if there will be subtitles in English?
    We bought 4 Tokyo Disney DVD programmes during our visit and NONE have english subtitles. I would think this new DisneySea dvd set will not have subtitles either.

None of the videotapes, DVDs, or blu-ray discs released by the Tokyo Disney Resort have ever had subtitles. You don't need them. Basic Disney theme park knowledge fills in the gaps pretty quickly.

The blu-ray is apparently going to be region A locked, but most people outside the US seem to have region-free blu-ray players.