• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking OLC's group net profit falls 46% in Apr~Sep…OLC still expects record-high for 2011.

• Shubisha

Re: OLC's group net profit falls 46% in Apr~Sep…OLC still expects record-high for 201

not really interesting.. very expected.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: OLC's group net profit falls 46% in Apr~Sep…OLC still expects record-high for 201

Having witnessed the aftermath of the earthquake and its effect on TDR and Japan first hand, I find it very interesting how quickly things turned around.

While things are still very bad in the worst hit areas, things in other parts of Japan and Tokyo appear to be returning towards some normalcy. However, things are still not all the way back to normal.

I acknowledge the Japanese have showed incredible resilliency in dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake. To me that alone doesn't explain this huge increase in revenue that more than made up for all that was lost during the shut-down and subsequent weeks of low attendance.

Also, foriegn tourism went nearly to zero and still has not returned to pre-earthquake levels.

I'm curious as to what events, knowledge or opinions would cause one to think this was very expected.

• Resident of the Caldera

Expenses are up, too. I don't know how OLC is booking it, but a castmember friend told me that they've spent an enormous amount of money on the three new generators they've just built so they're not affected by the power grid. From the way he expressed it, I have to think it must have been 100 million or so.

I have to tell you, it was damn hot on a lot of the attractions in early October because they had the AC greatly reduced from normal.

• Curious Explorer

Visitors should increase further on, with the christmas coming and the 10th anniversary celebration still continuing.
    Unaffected areas around Japan are supposedly okay now, as I heard from a friend from Japan. And tourists have started to return (well, I know some die-hard TDR fans who does ). So I think it's sound for OLC to expect higher numbers approaching the year's end. And I hope their target will be reached.
    It's amazing how the park stayed resillient despite the aftermath effects, which truly reflects the overall achievements of the Japanese following the disasters. I'm sure even in worst-case scenario, OLC won't be short of fund to run the resort to the best they can. Thumbs up!