• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Question Lottery Questions

Hi! I'm going to visit TDS on December.. I don't understand how does the Lottery System works. ( Haven't been to TDR for years ) Can you tell me how it works? If I lose a lottery ticket, will I still be able to watch BBB? ( I mean, I don't think all seats need lottery. If not, so everybody who lose in the lottery can't watch the show for the whole day? ) Sorry for my stupidness :9!
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Re: Lottery Questions

• The lottery is never held for the first show of the day. Guests who wish to view the first show of the day should go directly to Broadway Music Theater together with their entire party. Seating will be closed when capacity is reached.Reserved seat tickets will be distributed by lottery starting at Park opening and ending 30 minutes before each show start time. The lottery is located at Biglietteria. You must have valid tickets used for admission to the Park on the day of visit for all members of your party. Your party may attempt the lottery only once a day.

• Please seat children ages three and under on your lap during the show.
    • Due to unforeseen circumstances, there may be days when the lottery is not held. For details, please see a Cast Member.

---------- Post added 11-14-2011 at 11:10 AM ----------

The information above is what the official website says. Our experience was that you can play the lottery ONCE during each day of your visit. If there are several lotteries for several shows (example, Big Band Beat and Christmas Wishes), you can play once for each show where the lottery service is offered. However, note that is you loose, then you are done, and can't try again. I guess the system blocks you out.
    I believe that you can play lotteries at both parks on days when you do park hopping.
    If you have further questions.. ask an employee. If I recall, they also had complete lottery rules posted at lottery distribution locations. One particular show, "One man's Dream 2" had a preferred seating lottery but other areas of the theater were open to non-lottery holders. Bottom line is.. whether you win or loose a lottery, there is always a way you can see the shows.. by either standing by the sidelines for outdoor shows or doing a stand by line for indoor ones. I would assume the first showing of the Big band Beat show is open to all guests. You just have to be knowledgeable about these rules and you will be OK. But if I were you, I would show up early just to make sure to get a seat.
    Last edited by Aotphks; 11-14-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    You just have to be knowledgeable about these rules and you will be OK.
    Nobody could be more knowledgeable about such things than a true TDL FAN.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
    Especially when it's about Disneyland Tokyo's Disne Seas.
    Lol! (>_)

BBB didn't have a lottery system in place as of this weekend. I almost would have preferred it, given that I waited something like 2 hours in line both times I saw it.

For Christmas Wishes, you did get one shot per day. I only saw the evening shows, but it seems as though the lighting effects wouldn't show up as well during the daytime.

Well, I have not been to TDR for 4 years already . I never have a chance to tried to use the lottery system at all..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
    Ok.. now I have a question.. Who exactly is this "tdl fan" I keep reading about? How/where can I read her/his comments? Is this person on facebook or a personal website?

To switttdrfan.. I hope my information was useful. I remember reading about the lottery in their official website back in april. I noticed you asked about the lottery a few days ago and no one came to help, so I hope I was able to share something that you can find useful in your vacation. And remember.. I always tell my students as a teacher, to never think their questions are stupid and never to apologize for their lack of knowledge in any particular subject. So please, never apologize for asking a question. Ok?

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Ok.. now I have a question.. Who exactly is this "tdl fan" I keep reading about? How/where can I read her/his comments? Is this person on facebook or a personal website?
    I think the game's up.

Talking of lottery's I have just won seats for the 18:10 showing of One Man Dreams II. I hate this show and only tried out of being corious to see if I would win. Although its a good seat so I'm going to watch the show!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I think the game's up.
    Well, I have read some of your posts because they are informative and you seem knowledgeable about Tokyo Disney Resort, but how come you did not answer this poster's question in the first place? You seemed bothered by my participation here.

I have to say that I am at a loss. Have I said something to offend you or others? As a teacher, and mother of two lovely children, my intentions here have been honest since we came home from my husband's Japan trip and we fell in love with Tokyo Disney. I hoped that by participating here, I would get to share information and learn from others. But the suspicions here and attitude are making me quite uncomfortable. I am very sad and disappointed about that. I have always taught my students to have fun in whatever they do, or else don't waste precious time and life with things that are not healthy. It's time for me to live up to my own teachings.
    Last edited by Aotphks; 11-15-2011 at 10:09 AM.

• Resident of the Caldera

Don't be uncomfortable--you are more than welcome here.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Exactly we are just remarking how your views come across very much like another poster on here. Who's taken the decision to no longer post on here. For the record since you don't know this TDLFAN person. He was a bully and very rude and arrogant to a lot of people and the forum is a much better place without him in my view. And forgive me for not answering the original topic. But I am on vacation as I write. And just about to head over to Tokyo DisneySea. You handled the question perfectly anyway
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Exactly we are just remarking how your views come across very much like another poster on here. Who's taken the decision to no longer post on here. For the record since you don't know this TDLFAN person. He was a bully and very rude and arrogant to a lot of people and the forum is a much better place without him in my view. And forgive me for not answering the original topic. But I am on vacation as I write. And just about to head over to Tokyo DisneySea. You handled the question perfectly anyway
    I kind of miss TDLFAN's swagger. lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by