Question Fantasmic, when to secure a spot???

I know this is short notice, since we will be there in two days. But on our last trip last year we notice people lined up hours before parades. We were wondering how soon before Fantasmic we should get a spot near the front entrance?

Thanks for any help!

Justin

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Fantasmic, when to secure a spot???

You can walk up a few minutes before the show and get a great spot. Everybody in front of you will be sitting down. Be careful not to get caught with a view that puts the large sorceror's hat (the main barge) in front of the mirror behind it. If you can't see the mirror, you'll miss an important part of the show. Just like the narrow view on World of Color in DCA, Fantasmic in DisneySEA has viewing problems from certain positions.

• Just another Disney fan..

Saw the show for the first time last might from the first row on the balcony for Guests dining at the Silk Road restaurant.

A friend arranged for this awesome view of the show. You can see everything perfectly.

I tried a couple times to get a good view for Fantasmic, and found it pretty challenging. I tried coming up around half an hour beforehand to the front (by the park entrance) and sat in back of a group of people...but it turned out all the front viewing was standing so my view was a little limited.

The balcony view for Silk Road or Oceano is great, but I noticed there was a pretty mad dash for places at the last minute after being decorously marched through the restaurant to the door, so a little jockeying for position may be required.

I'll give it a stot tonight, get there a little early and see what that gets me.

Thanks for the help!

Justin

• You have much to learn...

For a really good spot- you do have to wait a few hours if you want to be up front- To me the view is just as good from a distance- unless you absolutely have to have an unobstructed view of the show. Most of the show is high enough on the barges anyway and can be seen, but there are a few things on the water level that may be more difficult to see from a distance- like Stitch's spaceship, Flotsam and Jetsam and possibly Kaa.

Don't even bother watching it from the back- I saw people lined up hours before on the back walkway and felt sorry for them. My friend tried watching from there last month and said he couldn't see the projections at all.

It's just my opinion, but I saw it twice last week & didn't really like it very much. I still prefer Disneyland's version. I wasn't too crazy about the new score either.

Disneyland's original is far superior, but it wouldn't have worked here. I just can't understand why Steve Davison is allowed to design shows that have so many bad viewing angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Disneyland's original is far superior, but it wouldn't have worked here. I just can't understand why Steve Davison is allowed to design shows that have so many bad viewing angles.
    You know, I thought the same thing. It's a beautiful show, but it seems as though there's a relatively small angle that permits good viewing.

Ditto for World of Color at California Adventure. It's a beautiful show that has a good viewing angle for about 250 people right in front who can see both the base of the fountains and the entire vista of the screens. I've seen World of Color several times, but never had any idea that so much was happening at water level until I stayed in a room at the Grand Californian that overlooked DCA and was able to watch the show from up there.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Live action based merchandise was released a few days ago. Here's a preview from Disney Fan and some of it displayed. Meh, does nothing for me. I prefer the cartoony stuff.

Someone suggested the view from over by Zampini Brothers, and I'm going to try that at the beginning of April.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.