Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

The BIG 30th anniversary

Good news Oriental Land Company has announced Star Tours 2 the Adventure Continues will be opening in the Grand celebration of Tokyo Disney Resort 30th anniversary so there will be more news upcoming for the resorts big party starting the 2nd quarter of next year so this will be one of the many surprises in store in OLC so stay tune for more because there will be more surprises upcoming Let the speculations on what is in store in the big party. and the budget of this attraction is 700 million yen

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Re: The BIG 30th anniversary

Tokyo Disneyland Attraction
    Star Tours to be Reintroduced in a New Version!
    Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
    Opening Spring 2013

URAYASU, CHIBA— Tokyo Disneyland® Park announced that its attraction Star Tours in Tomorrowland will be revamped, reopening with the new title, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. The new version of the attraction will open in spring 2013.
    The current Star Tours is an immersive motion-based adventure that lets guests experience the thrills of space travel in the world of the Star Wars film series. The attraction opened at Tokyo Disneyland in 1989, and now after more than 20 years, it still remains popular among guests of all ages.
    The main feature of the revamped attraction is that guests can enjoy the thrills of a new and unpredictable experience with every ride. The ride is comprised of several scenes, each with multiple scenarios for each scene that are selected at random. This means that guests never know what they will encounter out of the more than 50 possible story combinations for every ride. The attraction will also feature 3-D images for the first time, allowing guests to feel like they’ve truly entered into the world of the Star Wars film series.
    Star Tours: The Adventures Continue promises manifold fun and thrills for guests of all ages – for fans of the Star Wars series as well as those unfamiliar with the film.
    The attraction will create a whole new world of excitement in space travel at Tokyo Disneyland.

Attraction Facts
    Opening date: Duration: Capacity:
    Number of cabins: Investment:

Spring 2013
    About 4 minutes 30 seconds 40 seats per cabin
    6 cabins
    About 7 billion yen

Note: In preparation for this renewal, Star Tours will close as of April 2, 2012.
    Last edited by switttdrfan; 11-16-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Good news Oriental Land Company has announced Star Tours 2 the Adventure Continues will be opening in the Grand celebration of Tokyo Disney Resort 30th anniversary so there will be more news upcoming for the resorts big party starting the 2nd quarter of next year so this will be one of the many surprises in store in OLC so stay tune for more because there will be more surprises upcoming Let the speculations on what is in store in the big party. and the budget of this attraction is 700 million yen
    I wouldn't get your hopes up on too much for the 30th Anniversary. If its like previous events of recent years it will be centered around the seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas. Going by the 25th Anniversary we will likely see a brand new parade and a few decorations. Oh and of course plenty of merchandise and food menu's. I only hope what ever theme is thought up for the 30th it will pay tribute to the parks history. The recent "Be Magical" is very detached from what its meant to be celebrating.

That's good news for TDR, but it makes DLP the only park with the old version.

• I also like Stitch!

I'm hoping for a better theme than Dreams Go On (but they were over High School Musicaling it so that turned me off)

• Shubisha

I'm sure they'll spend plenty of money on it but I feel like 30th is a good year for a break from big scale 5-year anniversary focused events.

• Not here to help

This is not big new to me or anybody that knows TDL really. We have all seen what investments can do in that park and will have all seen how they manage it. There is no other alternative than to put the new Starwars ride in TDL.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 11-16-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Should be interesting to see what they do with the show building and queue for Star Tours.

Looks as though I'll make my next trip to Japan come 2013.

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by switttdrfan View Post

Tokyo Disneyland Attraction
    Star Tours to be Reintroduced in a New Version!
    Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
    Opening Spring 2013

URAYASU, CHIBA— Tokyo Disneyland® Park announced that its attraction Star Tours in Tomorrowland will be revamped, reopening with the new title, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. The new version of the attraction will open in spring 2013.
    The current Star Tours is an immersive motion-based adventure that lets guests experience the thrills of space travel in the world of the Star Wars film series. The attraction opened at Tokyo Disneyland in 1989, and now after more than 20 years, it still remains popular among guests of all ages.
    The main feature of the revamped attraction is that guests can enjoy the thrills of a new and unpredictable experience with every ride. The ride is comprised of several scenes, each with multiple scenarios for each scene that are selected at random. This means that guests never know what they will encounter out of the more than 50 possible story combinations for every ride. The attraction will also feature 3-D images for the first time, allowing guests to feel like they’ve truly entered into the world of the Star Wars film series.
    Star Tours: The Adventures Continue promises manifold fun and thrills for guests of all ages – for fans of the Star Wars series as well as those unfamiliar with the film.
    The attraction will create a whole new world of excitement in space travel at Tokyo Disneyland.

Attraction Facts
    Opening date: Duration: Capacity:
    Number of cabins: Investment:

Spring 2013
    About 4 minutes 30 seconds 40 seats per cabin
    6 cabins
    About 7 billion yen

Note: In preparation for this renewal, Star Tours will close as of April 2, 2012.
    Bold=me

Is that really accurate?!? almost 100 million USD for an attraction that doesn't need R&D? That is ridiculously large! All they need to do is just upgrade the queue and add in the 3D stuff. if it's true, than DAMN, OLC really knows how to spend their money!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Bold=me

Is that really accurate?!? almost 100 million USD for an attraction that doesn't need R&D? That is ridiculously large! All they need to do is just upgrade the queue and add in the 3D stuff. if it's true, than DAMN, OLC really knows how to spend their money!
    It's real I copied from the OLC press release. Do you want the link?
    http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content...111116_02e.pdf
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Even with just a few decorations, a new parade and the special food menu items, that's still a hell of a lot more than what WDW got for their 40th this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Bold=me

What was the budget for Star Tours 2.0 in the states?

• Resident of the Caldera

The new parade for the 30th has already been discussed here briefly: it's being designed by Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily and will focus on "happy" themes. No villians.

Since many people who visit Disneyland in Anaheim now consider the new version of Star Tours to be among the top E-tickets in the park, I'd say that putting it into Tokyo Disneyland is a slam-dunk (and not a cheap one!) for OLC. It's going to make Tomorrowland even more congested.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the next attraction to get an overhaul is Captain EO. The line for it this past October was never long. The question is, what does WDI have in the pipeline for a 4D theater like that? California's Disneyland could also use a replacement for EO.

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimezy View Post
    What was the budget for Star Tours 2.0 in the states?
    I don't think they ever said the final numbers but it was around 100 mil, The Little mermaid was also 100-150 mil. Just to show some perspective. So yea, it's a lot of money! But I know they have a bigger/more elaborate queue, so I'm guessing we'll see a much more refreshed queue there, and they'll probably end up making it the best queue of all the versions like they do for everything! Haha.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I would rather have them add the lil mermaid. I thought the price in the states for ST was around 50 million.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast