Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Is 3 days enough at Tokyo Disney Resort?

Hi Guys! I believe this is in fact my first time posting on this forum? I know some of the guys here are real experts at Tokyo Disney Resort and so I was wondering would 3 days be sufficient at the resort or would perhaps 4 days be better? I am thinking of booking the Hilton Tokyo Bay on the days that I would be visiting the parks and how would you guys rate the hotel compared with others in the area?

But one last thing, I am thinking of going in around early till mid October next year. How are the crowds generally like during that time of the year?

Hope you guys can help me out with my questions! Thanks!

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Is 3 days enough at Tokyo Disney Resort?

NO: you need at least 2 days for each park. Personally, I go for 5 days each October and never feel it's enough. I almost always stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. You can book rooms for under 20,000 yen per night--less than half the price of a Disney hotel.

Make sure you do NOT plan to be at the parks on a weekend because it's nutty busy. Check into your hotel on Sunday night and go to the parks Monday through Friday. If you can only do four days, then check in on Monday night and go Tuesday through Friday.

• Just another Disney fan..

It all depends on what is important to you.

If you want to just hit the top attractions, you might be able to do them all in two full days. If you want to experience that and all the shows and parades, you'll need four days. If you want to on top of that explore the entire resort, you'll need five days minimum.

We can give better advice if you share with us you're desires and priorities.

Regarding October, it is Halloween time so expect large crowds every day with extra large crowds on the weekends and those select days when Guests are allowed to come in costume. The official website lists the costume days.

• Banned User

As has been said, it depends on your priorities and how likely you are to be back anytime soon, but I'd say 3 days might leave you wanting more. 4 is better and 5 days is an ideal visit. 2 days per park, and the the fifth day to do whatever it is you like the most or missed. If you can easily visit a different Disney park (California, Florida, Paris) I'd say definitely spend your extra time at DisneySea since you can't get anything like that anywhere else in the world.

The Hilton is a great choice. Pretty cheap, very nice, and convenient monorail access.

• Not here to help

If you do the fastpass thing good and if you go on a weekday you will be fine with 3 days. But you will have to chose to loose some rides.
    Depends on how much time you have to spend in Japan. If you have more than a week in Tokyo... take a 4th day at Disney.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Hey Guys! Ah I guess being able to cover every single attraction and parade would be great!

But at the same time I would not really be too heart-broken if I missed the odd ride here or there? But ideally I'd want to cover at least 75 percent of what the resort has to offer as a whole?

And I've heard great reviews on the Hilton Tokyo Bay from many people so I guess my choice of hotel to stay when visiting TDR is pretty much decided! Like you guys said, the rates are pretty competitive as well?

Lastly, my partner that I am going with unfortunately is not as much of a Disney Geek as I am? Is there any way to convince her to spend more days at the resort with me? Basically I wanna get her into the whole Disney thing and all?
    Nader Puner Manjeen Pee

• Resident of the Caldera

There is no way to turn someone into a Disney nut (or geek)--either they get "it" or they don't. When taking someone like that to a Disney park, it helps a great deal if you know what you're doing in order to make the other person's visit as pleasant and painless as possible.

For example, do everything you can to avoid waiting in long lines, since that is the main thing people hate about going to a Disney park. If you don't know what you're doing, then that person's experience will be one of waiting in lines hours-long in order to see only three or four rides the whole day.

Compare that with educated park-going, where you know what time to get there, where to go first, what to get FastPasses for, in what order to hit the attractions, where to eat, at what times, and so on. These are all the little details that can turn a person who doesn't care much about Disney into a devoted fan.

Your enthusiasm will also rub off on her provided that the parks have the quality to back up what you care about--and no place does that better than the Tokyo Disney Resort. It's also very convenient to take the JR line into Tokyo from the Disney Resort--it's only 15 minutes or so--and you can break up the Disney days with some sightseeing.

Hey Fukai! You've really enlightened me on this matter with your valuable advice and I sure as hell hope my partner will enjoy TDR as much as I know I will

In anycase, I've already booked our stay for 4 nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay from the 15th till the 18th of October next year. Am really looking forward to it! Needless to say we'll be spending 4 nights at a different hotel in Tokyo prior to our 4 days at the TDR with my partner. I've carefully timed my park visiting days to be from Monday till Thursday.

Will the crowds be crazy since its Halloween and all? And is at night a really great time to hit the rides?
    Nader Puner Manjeen Pee

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by rockysam382 View Post
    Hey Fukai! You've really enlightened me on this matter with your valuable advice and I sure as hell hope my partner will enjoy TDR as much as I know I will

In anycase, I've already booked our stay for 4 nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay from the 15th till the 18th of October next year. Am really looking forward to it! Needless to say we'll be spending 4 nights at a different hotel in Tokyo prior to our 4 days at the TDR with my partner. I've carefully timed my park visiting days to be from Monday till Thursday.

Will the crowds be crazy since its Halloween and all? And is at night a really great time to hit the rides?
    It's always crazy there regardless of what time of the year you go. Expect to get to the parks AT LEAST an hour early and you'll save yourself a lot of time. Also expect to run to the FP machine or else you'll be SOL. (Check a map ahead of time to know where you're going)

An hour or so before closing the rides do indeed get short lines. Fantasyland has walk ons besides Peter Pan, Space is usually almost a walk on, so is HM.

Would Pooh and Monsters Inc be walk-on's as well? And I've heard an hour or so before closing some major E-ticket attractions may only be open to people with Fast-Passes, is that true?

Also would you suggest placing mats and sitting on the floor like the locals do before parades? I'd love to get a real comfy spot for the parades haha!
    Nader Puner Manjeen Pee

• Timelord

Would Pooh and Monsters Inc be walk-on's as well? And I've heard an hour or so before closing some major E-ticket attractions may only be open to people with Fast-Passes, is that true?

Also would you suggest placing mats and sitting on the floor like the locals do before parades? I'd love to get a real comfy spot for the parades haha!
    Monsters is never a walk on unfortunately. They even close a few minutes early usually due to how busy they are.

In regards to Pooh, I'm not sure, someone else may be able to answer that question.

I didn't have any problems getting on Space, Thunder Mountain, etc. just prior to closing, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

If you want to get a parade spot, as you mention, expect to sit and wait at least an hour before the parade starts.

I love Space Mountain so the fact that its a walk-on near closing is great news for me! What about Splash and Thunder Mountain? AAlso what are the recommended times for having a meal at the park?
    Nader Puner Manjeen Pee

• Timelord

I love Space Mountain so the fact that its a walk-on near closing is great news for me! What about Splash and Thunder Mountain? AAlso what are the recommended times for having a meal at the park?
    Splash has single, so you should be fine on that at any time. Thunder is pretty quiet close to close.

For meals, I ate offpeak to avoid the crowds when I did eat in the parks. I really didn't enjoy most of the park food though, and often ate at Ikspiari or closer to my apartment.

So lunch at 11 and dinner at 7 or lunch at 1 and dinner after 7. The Gyoza cart usually has a very short line after 7 and until park close if that's something you want to try at Disneysea.

• Not here to help

The Gyoza cart is very overrated.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Great! I love the mountains over just about everything else at the park so I'll take your advice and hit them repeatedly just before closing.

Some times I just cannot believe people would actually queue up an hour or more just for a Gyoza? And though I've never actually eaten it before yet, like ya mentioned, its overrated? I'd rather spend the same amount of time queuing up for an attraction?

But are crowds at DisneySea more manageable compared to Disneyland? I've heard that Disneyland can easily be twice as crowded on peak days?
    Nader Puner Manjeen Pee

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast