Thread: TDL fireworks?

• Former Epcot CM

TDL fireworks?

Well you know Disneyland has Remember, Magic Kingdom has Wishes, Disneyland Paris has Fantasy in the Sky and Hong Kong Disneyland has Disney in the Stars? What does Tokyo Disneyland have, nightly fireworks-wise, to offer? If anything?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Re: TDL fireworks?

They have "Disney Magic in the Sky" but right now the have "Christmas Wishes in the Sky" also in addition to the fireworks for the last three summers the have had a show called "Blazing Rythms" Which is more of a Streetacular(parade with long show stops) but during its stop in front of the castle it does have a decent amount of castle level pyro. Here is a link to a video and pics of it. http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/spe...br5/index.html

also Disneyland Paris has "Wishes" now
    Last edited by Tom319; 12-16-2005 at 02:01 PM.

• Sea Creature

Disney Magic in the sky doesn't do much for me. Ever since DisneySea opened, they have done the fireworks so they can be seen from both parks, therefore the fireworks are very bland and unexciting compared to the other parks, and TDL's former fireworks. Although this happened, DisneySea is definitely worth this minor setback.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    They have "Disney Magic in the Sky" but right now the have "Christmas Wishes in the Sky" also in addition to the fireworks for the last three summers the have had a show called "Blazing Rythms" Which is more of a Streetacular(parade with long show stops) but during its stop in front of the castle it does have a decent amount of castle level pyro. Here is a link to a video and pics of it. http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/spe...br5/index.html

also Disneyland Paris has "Wishes" now
    Oooh Blazing Rythms sounds cool, thanks for the info - and Wishes was only temporary at DLP, it has now returned to FitS.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

I agree with DisneySeaFan... The fireworks show at TDR is about the only true disappointment at the Resort. It's more painful now because, in the late 80s and early 90s...TDL had the best pyro of any DL park with shows like "Magic in the Sky" (1993), "Dancing Starlight Fantasy" (1992) and as recently as 2000's "Starlight Magic 2000" show. They used to shoot pyro from the castle, as well as use lasers and searchlights... stuff they learned from EPCOT's Laserphonic Fantasy in the mid 80s. Then they went back to the tired old "Fantasy in the Sky" format.

TDL needs a new and lavish pyro show pronto.

• Gay Man

I will add in my agreement with the above that TDR's fireworks show is lackluster at best. Granted, I am spoiled by the spectacular Disneyland shows, but TDR's show is just sad.

The night we saw it right after Bravismo was especially bad since Bravisimo is absolutely spectacular.

I understand there are some legal/neigborly reasons the show is so blah.

• Banned User

Japan is also well known for their fireworks festival in the summer, so my take is...they probably rather used the money on other things that are more important and special...reason why the lineup of special events more than make up for the puny fireworks show at TDR.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    I will add in my agreement with the above that TDR's fireworks show is lackluster at best. Granted, I am spoiled by the spectacular Disneyland shows, but TDR's show is just sad.

The night we saw it right after Bravismo was especially bad since Bravisimo is absolutely spectacular.

I understand there are some legal/neigborly reasons the show is so blah.
    Oh yeah forgot to mention, BraviSeamo to me makes up for the fireworks, well kind of. It makes it ok that DisneySea doesn't have it's own event(this is hard to explain). It doesn't make up for TDL's former shows, but with all that said, BravisSEAmo is absolutely unbelievable! You need to see it to believe it, the perfect way to end your day! Well.....sneak in some rides since after this, wait times are minimal on everything and the park is open until 10 every night! Isn't this resort the greatest?

• Banned User

The problem with BraviSEAmo! is... if it's windy, the pyro is reduced greatly..and many have seen the show for the first time during such alternative versions and have come out not liking the show as much or totally disappointed by it.

BTW... I just got back from the MK's final evening of the MVMCP and their "Holiday Wishes" fireworks were simply spectacular....one of the best fireworks shows I have seen at the MK in a long time.... Best ones ever being the Oct 1, 1981 Tencennial Premiere day, and the even more spectacular Bicentennial Salute fireworks on July 4th, 1976. Greatest WDW fireworks shows of the past!

• Disney Prince

I saw "Holiday Wishes" last night and all I can say is WOW.

anyway, I don't think TDL will have the spectacular pyro shows it once had ever again considering how it will greatly affect how things would be goin over at TDS. But yes, the special events and parades more than make up for the loss.

I do think TDS is capable of having an Illuminations style pyro show though.

Heck, I think they can devise a lavish pyro extravaganza for both parks and run them both at the same time while sharing major explosions as part of each others' show. TDL should at least have a version of 'Wishes' (the mk one).